Use this space to tell everyone about yourself and your interest in stop motion animation.

Views: 13890

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello all! 

My name is Paul T. McGilvray (Yes, the T. is important, so not to get confused with my Dad. I think Jnr sounds lame so wanna avoid that) I am 25 years old from Australia

I have been iterested in stop motion for a very long time, and never realised it until recent years of my life. I am inspired by Hnery Selicks work on JJames and the Giant peach, and Coraline, not to mention ALL of Laika's work, Wallance and Grommit, Trap Door, lots of shorts... Look, I can go on forever. 

I myself have completed 1 stop motion short, entitled "Archie, the Arachnophobic Arachnid" which is the story of a spider with arachnophobic preparing for a family gathering at his house. The film acts as a metaphor to Social Anxiety, and has been accepted into the Los Angales CineFest. 

I am currently in the pre production stage of a more  major project entitled "Goblin Soup", which is going to be a quirky children's and adult movie about some very unlikely characters on a simple quest that quickly becomes complicated. 

I still have a lot to learn and would love to share what I know, and learn more from like-minded folk who are pushing this amazing art further into the future! 

Hi there!

I did some stop motion animation back in high school (with Super 8 film). Even won 3rd place in a California film festival for animation.  Sounds impressive until you know there were only three entries! I have always wanted to try it again and it has been very encouraging to listen in on all of you at this site.

Dave

Hello everyone!

Thank you for allowing me to be apart of this community :-)

My name is Angela and I am a recruiter at Laika. I am currently looking for experienced stop motion costume fabricators that have impeccable sewing, draping and pattern making skills as well for a keen eye for detail and construction. If you or anyone you know is interested, please feel free to apply online at www.laika.com. We are also always looking for talented stop mo animators, armaturists, set dressers, set designers, production designers, metal fabricators, carpenters and more. Please check our website for current openings.

Look forward to hearing from you all!

Angela

Hi! My name is Nathan and I'm from beautiful Tennessee, home of country music, walking horses, and sippin' whiskey. I've loved animation of all sorts as long as I can remember. I've been sculpting a lot recently and started thinking - I should learn to do stop-motion animation! I look forward to learning from y'all.

Hello all. I am a hobbyist when it comes to stop motion animation. A friend of mine showed me some claymation he did years ago on video and I got interested. I read everything I could at the time. Then life happened. Work, bills, family, and not much time for hobbies that I couldn't really afford. Now 15 or so years later, my interest has piqued again especially having a son that loves to play with Lego. It's something we can do together and it's also something I can do on my own that keeps the creative juices flowing.

My background is in photography, so to speak. I was a photographer for a while and ended up getting a job at a commercial photo lab. Throughout the years, the company I work for has gone from classic photo developing to digital printing to three dimensional displays. Which means I have access to large format digital printers, c&c lasers, c&c routers, a woodshop, metal shop and now a 3d printer.

Right now, I really don't have good stop motion software but am looking at Dragonframe here in the next month or so. I'm using the IMovie on my wife's laptop to do my animation tests. It's been fun but I'm looking to take it to the next level and try to make the animations more fluid and more professional appearance.

I really enjoy your site. The tutorials and forums are great. I was able cast my first silicon hand the other day from reading here and watching you tube videos. It turned out great for a first test. I've also been working on my puppets body and did a couple walk test that turned out decent. I feel that I've learned a lot from your site already and am looking forward to actually creating something people will enjoy.

Thank you and I hope to be around here for a while. I'll probably be lurking more than contributing, but I hope to contribute more in the future as I learn as I go.

Vic

Hi, i am from Colombia, i am a graphic designer, but i want to get in animation industry, i have made a few 2d amateur animations. In my final project for my university i made my first stop motion animation, i like that technique a lot.

I hope to participate in more projects of stop motion animation, I apologize for my bad English jeje.

Hi, so glad to come across this site. There's loads of great information and help here.

I'm a British woman working at a Chinese stop-motion animation studio in North China. Yes, there's good stop motion being made here and a great tradition in modelling. And it's great to see the new Laika film has an Oriental theme too.

Hope to hear from you all! Best wishes from Melanie

Hi, I'm in Melbun Australia, studied animation at VCA in '98 and won Best Animation at St Kilda film fest with my faustian death metal plasticene stop motion horror comedy "Grounded" - (see my videos). Since then I've had a go at one-man-band 3d freelancing - modelling, rigging, texturing, swearing, do not recommend and gave that up knowing I'd given it a shot and it's not for me. I've developed some 2d animation stuff for drink and drug drive education, nothing to brag about but it exists.

Anyway cut to now, I'm a 45 year old Dad in the suburbs, working as a counsellor, recently got a green light* to build a stop motion studio under the house and am excited to get back into stop motion! I think it's going to be my old guy thing that I do. I have a 14 year old who I've taught some traditional 2d stuff, paper and pencil on a light box, and he is beside himself frothing at the bit to do some stop motion with Dad. He's collecting hair and stuff for puppets, I think he's confusing it with voodoo magic but anyway I'm sure it will all work out WHAT'S THE WORST THAT COULD HAPPEN.

Very impressed and excited about the great community you people have going here, bravo and hello!

Adrian

*permission

Hello !

I have been passionate about photography for more than 10 years.

Recently, I am starting to make my own stopmotion animation.

I hope to share with you my videos and also find new idea to improve my creation !

Hello My Name is Rafael, i joined today! I have been animating for about 6 years now and am excited to be part of this community.

Hi!

My name is Jonathan, I'm about to finish my last year studying computer graphism. 

I fell in love with stop-motion animation last year, and made the decision of doing an animation as my end-year project.  I'd love to discuss the technical aspects of stop-motion with professionals, which is why I made an account here. 

Hi, my name is David.

I'm an editor about to embark on my first stop motion project. I have a whole lot of newbie questions, so please bear with me.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

MESSAGE BOARD CATEGORIES

STOPMO NEWBIES
basic stopmo discussion

ANIMATOR TALK
experienced animators looking to improve

CAMERA & STAGE
animation camera, lighting and moco rigs

ANIMATION TOOLS & EQUIPMENT
animation tool and rigging discussion

STOP MOTION & COMPUTERS
frame capture, editing, and post-production

STORY
script, storyboarding and storyreel discussion

SOUND
lip-sync, sound effects and music

YOUR STOPMO FILM PROJECT
discuss your stopmo film

ARMATURES
ball & socket and wire armature discussion

MACHINE SHOP
metalwork tool & talk

SCULPTING
sculpture information and advice

HAIR & COSTUME
materials, patterns and technique

CASTING
foam, silicone and resin

CLAY
clay puppet construction

GENERAL PUPPET MAKING
other puppet fabrication issues

STOP MOTION SETS
set design and construction information

MODEL DEPARTMENT
miniature prop discussion

MATTE PAINTINGS
glass matte paintings and backgrounds

GENERAL SPECIAL EFFECTS

STOP MOTION FILM DISCUSSION

FAVORITE STOP MOTION CHARACTERS

PRO ANIMATOR DISCUSSION

FILM FESTIVALS AND EVENTS

ANIMATION SCHOOLS

STOP MOTION BOOKS

STOP MOTION ON VIDEO

JOBS & PROJECTS
post here if you are looking for talent to hire

SWAP MEET
stop motion items for sale

CHAT BOARD
general discussion

SITE FEEDBACK
report bugs, comments and suggestions here

Latest Activity

Cateater replied to Daniel Svensson's discussion App that can remove rigs?
"I can provide you a couple of free promo code for the full version if you like?"
18 minutes ago
Count Croc replied to Count Croc's discussion I need suggestions for my new film
"Well, as one of the comments reads, “How about Bobby No”. Jokes aside, I might muster…"
10 hours ago
Eric J. Nelson posted a video
11 hours ago
Simon Tytherleigh replied to Tatu P's discussion All tender things
"Wow! That's looking lovely. Fantastic animation. One to look forward to! Glad I was able to be…"
11 hours ago

© 2020   Created by Anthony Scott.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

.xg_widget_forum_index_index .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_listForCategory .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_show .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;}