Hi there everyone! This is the first time I've posted anything to the forum so I hope this is allowed. I'm studying Animation at university and as part of my studies I need to conduct a survey in order to gain peoples perspectives on a particular area of interest - mine being stop-motion. Being a stop-motion forum I thought that I might as well utilize my membership here and get your help.

None of your personal information will be collected in the survey. Just your opinions! It's only a nine (9) question survey, with most questions just requiring you to click a box. It's pretty basic, but it will help me produce a presentation with real peoples thoughts and ideas. 

If you have a few minutes to spare, I'd really appreciate it if you could follow the link below to my SurveyMonkey survey. Thanks everyone!

Animation Survey

P.s. if this is posted in the wrong category Mods, feel free to move it to where it belongs...I'm very new to this!

Views: 68

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ok, I did your survey.  Haven't seen Missing Link yet, but will when I can, did see all the others.  A good list of the better known stop motion feature films out there.   But there is another category dear to many of us -  stop motion creature effects in live action films - the work of O'Brien, Harryhausen, Danforth, Tippett, and others, and though it has pretty much vanished from mainstream films in this cgi era, there is still the odd indy film that uses it.  And the old stop motion monsters, like King Kong, the Cyclops, Talos, the skeletons, aren't forgotten.

Genres are a funny thing - some are a type of story, like romance, adventure, action, horror, coming-of-age, quest, mystery.  And some are more to do with the setting, like western, sci-fi, or fantasy, and fantasy doesn't just mean elves.  Each of those settings can be used to tell different types of stories, so you can have a Steampunk (setting) film that is adventure, a steamy romance, a quest, a whodunnit. any story type. It can be kid-friendly or dark and horrific, optimistic or dystopian, philosophical/ideas based or action based.  So picking a favourite genre is fairly arbitrary, I like stories well told with engaging characters, and  they can come in any genre.  So I don't remember which of your genres I picked.

Short films are also a very important part of stop motion, probably because animation is so slow to film, without a large crew very few of us can make a feature length animated film unless we devote 10 years to it (as some have).  Some short films are classics, some (Like W&G shorts, Harvey Krumpet) lead to feature films. 

Anyway, best wishes for your survey results, hope you get a lot of responses, and good luck with your studies! 

Where is survey? What questions Did you want answered?

At the bottom of the original post (but above the P.S.), where it has "Animation Survey" on a line by itself, that is the link.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

MESSAGE BOARD CATEGORIES

STOPMO NEWBIES
basic stopmo discussion

ANIMATOR TALK
experienced animators looking to improve

CAMERA & STAGE
animation camera, lighting and moco rigs

ANIMATION TOOLS & EQUIPMENT
animation tool and rigging discussion

STOP MOTION & COMPUTERS
frame capture, editing, and post-production

STORY
script, storyboarding and storyreel discussion

SOUND
lip-sync, sound effects and music

YOUR STOPMO FILM PROJECT
discuss your stopmo film

ARMATURES
ball & socket and wire armature discussion

MACHINE SHOP
metalwork tool & talk

SCULPTING
sculpture information and advice

HAIR & COSTUME
materials, patterns and technique

CASTING
foam, silicone and resin

CLAY
clay puppet construction

GENERAL PUPPET MAKING
other puppet fabrication issues

STOP MOTION SETS
set design and construction information

MODEL DEPARTMENT
miniature prop discussion

MATTE PAINTINGS
glass matte paintings and backgrounds

GENERAL SPECIAL EFFECTS

STOP MOTION FILM DISCUSSION

FAVORITE STOP MOTION CHARACTERS

PRO ANIMATOR DISCUSSION

FILM FESTIVALS AND EVENTS

ANIMATION SCHOOLS

STOP MOTION BOOKS

STOP MOTION ON VIDEO

JOBS & PROJECTS
post here if you are looking for talent to hire

SWAP MEET
stop motion items for sale

CHAT BOARD
general discussion

SITE FEEDBACK
report bugs, comments and suggestions here

Latest Activity

Duane Petrie replied to Ron Cole's discussion Ron Cole's Realistic Stop Motion Special Effects Services
"EDIT - I should rephrase this. Sorry Ron, if that question sounded intrusive -- I realized in…"
37 minutes ago
Duane Petrie replied to Ron Cole's discussion Ron Cole's Realistic Stop Motion Special Effects Services
"Hey since Greguy replied recently I'm going to consider this thread not-dead, and I have to…"
2 hours ago
Duane Petrie replied to Duane Petrie's discussion *Emerges from underground covered in dust* *Blinks blindly at the sun* ..."Hello is anyone still here??"
"Hey Simon! Nice to meetcha! I was able to do some poking around and confirmed what you said about…"
2 hours ago
Simon Tytherleigh replied to Duane Petrie's discussion *Emerges from underground covered in dust* *Blinks blindly at the sun* ..."Hello is anyone still here??"
"Hi there, and welcome back. I think I became a regular here after you moved on, and have likewise…"
11 hours ago

© 2019   Created by Anthony Scott.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

.xg_widget_forum_index_index .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_listForCategory .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_show .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;}