Tiny, bright colored spots appearing in my images - not from the lens.

On the lastI am experiencing the presence of about 6 or 7 tiny, red, blue and green spots in my images.  They are consistently in the same areas.

They are present regardless of which lens, I attach, so I know they are due to an issue with the camera body.  

I will attempt to clean my sensor - the first time I have tried this nerve wracking procedure - but am wondering if there could be an electronic/digital issue here instead?

I am NOT a camera guy, and am learning this all as I go.

Views: 387

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hmmm, how could one aquire after effects? It took me three or four years to get premiere.

David, there are folks that say you can remove the hot pixels with Adobe Lightroom. They say it will automatically remove them.  I found a program that is purported to remove them from raw images. It is free, and the author gives a good description of hot pixels. http://www.pixelfixer.org/  The author talks about manually setting the coordinates of the hot pixels, which sounds promising to me. Once you have the coordinates set it would seem that it would be easy for the program to remove the hot pixels from raw files.

In your photo, the hot pixels actually cover an area of about 3x4 or up to 5x5 pixels. There looks like there may be another hot pixel, red, on the puppets lower lip.

I heartily endorse Lightroom as an indispensible program - especially if you're shooting in RAW and want the best possible image quality and extreme control over all visual parameters for the final movie. Here's my sales pitch/tutorial if you haven't seen it: 

Listen out for a cameo from Tom Hanks 

Here's my sales pitch/tutorial if you haven't seen it:

I checked on the software link - looks great, but is not available for my Mac.  Thanks, however!

There are several stuck pixels that I have been able to identify - at least 8, and likely more.  

Tricky . . .
Keith Ray said:

David, there are folks that say you can remove the hot pixels with Adobe Lightroom. They say it will automatically remove them.  I found a program that is purported to remove them from raw images. It is free, and the author gives a good description of hot pixels. http://www.pixelfixer.org/  The author talks about manually setting the coordinates of the hot pixels, which sounds promising to me. Once you have the coordinates set it would seem that it would be easy for the program to remove the hot pixels from raw files.

In your photo, the hot pixels actually cover an area of about 3x4 or up to 5x5 pixels. There looks like there may be another hot pixel, red, on the puppets lower lip.

I just shelled out the money for the newest Photoshop Extended - so picking up Lightroom is far off on the horizon at present.  I wonder if I can accomplish much the same, however?

Give my regards to "Mr. Hanks", and thank him for Saving Private Ryan and  Band of Brothers.

Strider said:

I heartily endorse Lightroom as an indispensible program - especially if you're shooting in RAW and want the best possible image quality and extreme control over all visual parameters for the final movie. Here's my sales pitch/tutorial if you haven't seen it: 

If it helps, Lightroom only costs $150. 

It was designed to digitally 'develp' pictures, something photoship itself isn't good for - it was more designed to draw and paint on pictures and other special effects type stuff. So Adobe developed Lightroom using feedback and suggestions from a lot of pro photogs as far as what they need it to do to keep it clean and simple and uncluttered and yet be a powerful tool for maximizing the visual potential of your photographs. It's really been a watershed experience for me - my pictures have never looked better!! 

What's wrong with me - why do I keep giving away all the secrets as soon as I discover them? A couple more tutorials and even the most beginnerish newbies will be doing pro quality work. Ah, but that's actually a good thing, isn't it? I'd rather see a bunch of great newbie films than a bunch of crappy  ones. Even if it means I have to work hard and really develop some skills in order to stand out from the crowd. 

I appreciate the input!

I find myself mentoring young artists from time to time, and really enjoy seeing the "light" come on when they understand how to do certain things that I had to learn the hard way.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

MESSAGE BOARD CATEGORIES

STOPMO NEWBIES
basic stopmo discussion

ANIMATOR TALK
experienced animators looking to improve

CAMERA & STAGE
animation camera, lighting and moco rigs

ANIMATION TOOLS & EQUIPMENT
animation tool and rigging discussion

STOP MOTION & COMPUTERS
frame capture, editing, and post-production

STORY
script, storyboarding and storyreel discussion

SOUND
lip-sync, sound effects and music

YOUR STOPMO FILM PROJECT
discuss your stopmo film

ARMATURES
ball & socket and wire armature discussion

MACHINE SHOP
metalwork tool & talk

SCULPTING
sculpture information and advice

HAIR & COSTUME
materials, patterns and technique

CASTING
foam, silicone and resin

CLAY
clay puppet construction

GENERAL PUPPET MAKING
other puppet fabrication issues

STOP MOTION SETS
set design and construction information

MODEL DEPARTMENT
miniature prop discussion

MATTE PAINTINGS
glass matte paintings and backgrounds

GENERAL SPECIAL EFFECTS

STOP MOTION FILM DISCUSSION

FAVORITE STOP MOTION CHARACTERS

PRO ANIMATOR DISCUSSION

FILM FESTIVALS AND EVENTS

ANIMATION SCHOOLS

STOP MOTION BOOKS

STOP MOTION ON VIDEO

JOBS & PROJECTS
post here if you are looking for talent to hire

SWAP MEET
stop motion items for sale

CHAT BOARD
general discussion

SITE FEEDBACK
report bugs, comments and suggestions here

Latest Activity

StopmoNick replied to Daniel Svensson's discussion App that can remove rigs?
"I don't know what TV Paint on an Android device is like, didn't know there was one.…"
16 hours ago
Eric J. Nelson posted a video

Winter Fun at the Skating Rink | Stop Motion | American Girl

Winter’s finally here! Time to lace up our skates and hit the ice. Whether you’re a figure skater or hockey player, we're all on the same team when we help e...
yesterday
Rob Nugen replied to Anthony Scott's discussion Please Introduce Yourself
"Welcome to the community!  I look forward to seeing some of your work.  :-)"
yesterday
Dave Cooley replied to Chris Johnson's discussion Halloween with Corky and Clay
"Looking good!"
yesterday

© 2019   Created by Anthony Scott.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

.xg_widget_forum_index_index .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_listForCategory .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_show .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;}