Hello,

I made a film a little while ago that I thought people might like to see. I think most of us can relate to the guy's experience. 

Technical Hitch

Constructive criticism most welcome.

Happy animating!

Views: 469

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hahaha!!! Love it!! Not many people are going to get it - just those of us who have actually attempted stopmotion, so this is a great place to show it. I especially dig that you showed the clicking back and forth between the last frame and the live feed rather than just using onionskin! And yeah, I think we all can definitely relate!! 

Ha ha ha!!!! Man, this is brilliant! Your character has some patience. I normally just end up taking it out on the characters; A bloody good push out of frame to make sure I can't try to repair the wrong pose, and start anew ... My sympathies go to the work you put into this to see it through despite of the glitch. Great job!!  

I've been there many times!
Thanks for sharing. Its great!!
I laughed especially hard at the zoom in gag on the loading bar.

It's all absolutely true!  Have to laugh, or I'll cry.

Very Good!!! Thanks for sharing!

Heh, when that puppet tips... the Struggle is Real.  Love it.

This is awesome and perfect.  Hilarious!  I love it!

Hahaha! This is so fabulous!

This had me in tears laughing so relatable. and your movements are nice and smooth.

Also, just to plug the film I am currently working on in case your interested in following that.

http://georgethefilm.blogspot.com

Blooming marvelous film! You've paced it perfectly and the timing is excellent. I laughed out loud at the end.

I was animating the grim reaper doing Kung Fu last night and the bloody staff kept falling out of his hands and he kept bloody falling over just as my finger lingered over the keyboard! After that your film made me, in my ludicrous tiredness, think "I'm not alone!"

Anyone who animates often wonders why we do what we do - your film sums up why we often want to throw in the towel - but also the film itself it an exemplary example of what you can achieve. Thumbs up!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

MESSAGE BOARD CATEGORIES

STOPMO NEWBIES
basic stopmo discussion

ANIMATOR TALK
experienced animators looking to improve

CAMERA & STAGE
animation camera, lighting and moco rigs

ANIMATION TOOLS & EQUIPMENT
animation tool and rigging discussion

STOP MOTION & COMPUTERS
frame capture, editing, and post-production

STORY
script, storyboarding and storyreel discussion

SOUND
lip-sync, sound effects and music

YOUR STOPMO FILM PROJECT
discuss your stopmo film

ARMATURES
ball & socket and wire armature discussion

MACHINE SHOP
metalwork tool & talk

SCULPTING
sculpture information and advice

HAIR & COSTUME
materials, patterns and technique

CASTING
foam, silicone and resin

CLAY
clay puppet construction

GENERAL PUPPET MAKING
other puppet fabrication issues

STOP MOTION SETS
set design and construction information

MODEL DEPARTMENT
miniature prop discussion

MATTE PAINTINGS
glass matte paintings and backgrounds

GENERAL SPECIAL EFFECTS

STOP MOTION FILM DISCUSSION

FAVORITE STOP MOTION CHARACTERS

PRO ANIMATOR DISCUSSION

FILM FESTIVALS AND EVENTS

ANIMATION SCHOOLS

STOP MOTION BOOKS

STOP MOTION ON VIDEO

JOBS & PROJECTS
post here if you are looking for talent to hire

SWAP MEET
stop motion items for sale

CHAT BOARD
general discussion

SITE FEEDBACK
report bugs, comments and suggestions here

Latest Activity

Count Croc replied to Count Croc's discussion I need suggestions for my new film
"Well, as one of the comments reads, “How about Bobby No”. Jokes aside, I might muster…"
9 hours ago
Eric J. Nelson posted a video
10 hours ago
Simon Tytherleigh replied to Tatu P's discussion All tender things
"Wow! That's looking lovely. Fantastic animation. One to look forward to! Glad I was able to be…"
10 hours ago
Simon Tytherleigh replied to Count Croc's discussion I need suggestions for my new film
"What you need is this wonderful book: Ideas for the animated short , by Sullivan, Alexander, Mintz…"
10 hours ago

© 2020   Created by Anthony Scott.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

.xg_widget_forum_index_index .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_listForCategory .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_show .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;}