Under The Apple Tree | CineCrowd teaser from CineCrowd on Vimeo.

A fun little horror story before bedtime, about family, apples, worms and death. Now in production: a stop-motion horror comedy.

Please help us make this movie. Crowdfunding campaign runs untill May 21, 2015. Thank you!

‘The apple farmer and the priest. Neighbours at war. Born as brothers but since birth nevermore.’ Two quarreling characters oblivious to the doings of two much smaller beings, Aber and Crombie, worm-brothers living in an apple. However, the story of the humans becomes entangled with the story of the worms and things go horribly wrong. Worms get separated and reunite. People die and wake up. Rain and thunderstorms lash the cemetery. Are we talking divine intervention or basic agricultural principles? Apple cider will never taste the same, that’s for sure!

Writer / director: Erik van Schaaik
Producer: Thomas Hietbrink (Pedri Animation)
Lead animator: Sergio Lara
Post production: Gatze Zonneveld (RockNRoll Animation)
Sound: Rinus Aarts (Speakerfood)
Language:English

Get the book:
http://www.blurb.com/b/3193970-under-the-apple-tree

http://www.cinecrowd.nl/under-apple-tree

Views: 459

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That is some spectacular animation!

Innit? I'm so proud of my team. Sergio Lara is our lead animator. He's amazing.
I just hope we'll reach our target with our crowdfund campaign. Please help us finish this movie everyone! Thanks!

http://www.cinecrowd.nl/under-apple-tree

Hi Erik,
(ik ben Nederlands maar zal het even Engels houden op deze internationale website)

Your project looks amazing. I watched all your production videos and it is great to see such a high quality stop motion project happening in the Netherlands. Amazing animation indeed. I like that the puppets have mechanical heads rather than replacements. They are beautiful. Really looking forward to this project.
A sneaky question: are you looking for any more crew at all in model making or animation? Or is the budget too tight to get more people on board?

Some time ago I saw some news about a possible Hieronymus Bosch film... Will that still be going ahead? Sounded very exciting too...

:)

Thank you Roos!
Money's too tight to mention... tadatada... as allways.

Yes, Hieronymus The Movie is happening. I'll be doing a presentation on it in Den Bosch this Friday (Shine Festival). Come have a look!

Ah sure, understood. ;) You wouldn't be running a crowdfunding campaign otherwise of course!

Brilliant, I would love to come along. I live in Bristol in the UK though so not really easy to get to for an evening right now... A shame, as otherwise Den Bosch would have just been a half hour train ride from my home town! Maybe I can send my brother who lives in Den Bosch. ;)

this looks amazing! i've shared on twitter, and am making my way through your production videos!

Why thank you very much! Glad you like it. 
I'll tell you a secret: It's going to be ridiculously awesome!

Erik - whats the pen gadget you're using in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9K_PYuSsr3M ? I need to get me one of those!

Beautiful puppets and drawings!  (And, dammit, your raven puppet is better than mine.) And the animation so far looks great.

I'm pretty much OVER this crowdfunding, it's going to take something really exceptional to get me interested again, if that is even possible ...

...something like this project!   Also, that is the best pitch video I've seen so far!  Good luck with it.  I'll go and pay whatever it takes to get to see this when it's done.

Awww, Nick, you're a star! Thank you so much! What an honour!

When I started this project I planned on doing everythig myself, and I studied all your video's. I felt absolutely ready to take on this project, thanks to you! But then I got this talented crew (Pedri Animation) on my side. It looks waaaaaay better than I could have done single handedly.

Many many thanks for your inspiration, Nick, and your support! 

Best,

Erik

Reply to Discussion

RSS

MESSAGE BOARD CATEGORIES

STOPMO NEWBIES
basic stopmo discussion

ANIMATOR TALK
experienced animators looking to improve

CAMERA & STAGE
animation camera, lighting and moco rigs

ANIMATION TOOLS & EQUIPMENT
animation tool and rigging discussion

STOP MOTION & COMPUTERS
frame capture, editing, and post-production

STORY
script, storyboarding and storyreel discussion

SOUND
lip-sync, sound effects and music

YOUR STOPMO FILM PROJECT
discuss your stopmo film

ARMATURES
ball & socket and wire armature discussion

MACHINE SHOP
metalwork tool & talk

SCULPTING
sculpture information and advice

HAIR & COSTUME
materials, patterns and technique

CASTING
foam, silicone and resin

CLAY
clay puppet construction

GENERAL PUPPET MAKING
other puppet fabrication issues

STOP MOTION SETS
set design and construction information

MODEL DEPARTMENT
miniature prop discussion

MATTE PAINTINGS
glass matte paintings and backgrounds

GENERAL SPECIAL EFFECTS

STOP MOTION FILM DISCUSSION

FAVORITE STOP MOTION CHARACTERS

PRO ANIMATOR DISCUSSION

FILM FESTIVALS AND EVENTS

ANIMATION SCHOOLS

STOP MOTION BOOKS

STOP MOTION ON VIDEO

JOBS & PROJECTS
post here if you are looking for talent to hire

SWAP MEET
stop motion items for sale

CHAT BOARD
general discussion

SITE FEEDBACK
report bugs, comments and suggestions here

Latest Activity

Greyguy replied to Mark Francombe's discussion Stop Motion Stage hints?
"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqjvuxztnL8Justin Rasch has some good point in his latest video"
4 hours ago
Mark Francombe replied to Mark Francombe's discussion Stop Motion Stage hints?
"Having trouble sourcing stuff with Amazon, delivery blocked to Norway. Hers some options from…"
yesterday
Dave Cooley replied to Dave Cooley's discussion Moving water in a scene
"Thanks for the link, Simon! Interesting ideas. I am at work now on the puppets and other scenic…"
Saturday
Simon Tytherleigh replied to Dave Cooley's discussion Moving water in a scene
"Nearly missed this thread! Really interesting to see what you are doing, as I have a lake to…"
Saturday

© 2020   Created by Anthony Scott.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

.xg_widget_forum_index_index .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_listForCategory .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_show .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;}