Hi everyone!

It has been a while since I posted something from this project I am working on titled Finity Calling. I showed some work in progress, props and puppets earlier but no animation yet.

The reason is that I spent the last 13 months animating on animating and I didn't find the time to put something up really. So the good news is that I just finished my last shot a couple of days ago!

I am very happy to show a couple of the shots here. All of these are straight out of the studio, so no postproduction work is done on them yet.
That's the next phase. :)

Views: 305

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Holy crap, this is amazing! The character design is instantly gripping -- so complex that keeps me looking at them longer and longer. I also like the simple backgrounds, a nice contrast.

The other thing is that your animation is very pristine. I can tell you've put so much effort into tiny movements barely visible. 

I'd love to see your previous work!

Thanks so much for your positive remarks Mozen! It's really good to hear these things from someone impartial. 
You're right about the effort part. This has been my baby for a long time!

you can see more of my previous work on my website if you like. That's www.jasperkuipers.com
Although a lot of it is quite different. In all sorts of techniques ranging from frame by frame drawn animation to cut out, and after effects stuff. A lot of commissioned stuff as well. The only full fledged stop motion film with puppets on there is my thesis film Archipel. It's with clay puppets. Hope you like what you see. 

Wow it looks reallly amazing.  I am most impressed with (everything, and especially) the momentum of the swinging necklace.  I really look forward to watching the movie!

Thanks Rob!
Glad you like the chains swinging. That was quite a thing to animate throughout a 15 min film haha! So good to hear that you noticed. :-)

Very beautiful work! Super smooth and subtle animation and beautiful very unique puppets. Very naturalistic movement, the chains swinging and the moving plates and cutlery on the table give a great sence of weight and gravity.
I can imagine this has been a lot of hard work for a 15 minute film! Looking forward to see the completed film. :) I imagine you'll be sending it to festivals?
(Oh and I gathered from your name that you are also Dutch ;) Has this been a project all of your own or did you have more people involved?)

Hi Roos,

Thanks a lot for your positive remarks!
Yeah you guessed right about me being a Dutchy.
When it is done it will indeed be sent to festivals for a start and I hope it will go online reasonable soon after starting the festival run. But thats not up to me in the end but my producer...
So that answers your other question: not all on my own, no.
But it was a small group of people helping me. The writing, design and animation was done completely by me but I had help on other parts like the puppets, clothes, postproduction and sound. It is a dutch-belgian co production so all sound and post is now being done in Brussels and Antwerp as we speak.
You live in the Uk right? Or are you in the Netherlands sometimes as well?
Good animators are scarce in Holland and you certainly qualify.

Hi Jasper,

Thanks for your reply. :) That's great, good to have a producer for the festival submissions! That's a full time job on its own... Seems like more and more festivals don't mind a film being online already.. looking forward to see the film!
Sounds good, I saw that you've had succes with crowdfunding for this but also secured some funding through the Nederlands Filmfonds and other funding sources? I've never really looked into Dutch funding options as I've not been based in the Netherlands but would be interesting to hear your experiences.
So yes I am living in the UK indeed, in Bristol. I studied here and stayed.. In the last 6 years I have only really been back in the Netherlands to visit family and friends. But I haven't really looked for animation work as I guess I gathered my networks here and stop motion projects in the Netherlands seem scarce too!
Have you got more projects planned after completing this film?

Hi Roos,

You're welcome ofcourse :)
For the festival submissions I actually have a distributor. Klik animation festival in Amsterdam has a distribution end set up. They take care of the distribution for many Dutch animation films for a small fee.
I did fund the film for a small part with crowdfunding, but the biggest part was arts funds both Dutch and Belgian. If you'd like to know more I'd be happy to answer more in depth questions that you have via email (kuipers.jj@gmail.com). I'm not sure everyone here on the forum would be interested in my expriences as well haha.
Just give a shout and I'll try to answer them. :)
You're right about projects being scarce in the Netherlands too. I guess supply and demand keep eachother in balance in a bad way...
I don't have anythinh concrete planned yet for after this film, but allways idea's. Something short(er) for a start I think...
But first see where this film takes me! :D

Reply to Discussion

RSS

STOPMO JAM on Facebook

BLOGS

Create a Blog for your personal page. Go to My Page and click on Blog Posts. Access all Blog Posts here.

MESSAGE BOARD CATEGORIES

STOPMO NEWBIES
basic stopmo discussion

ANIMATOR TALK
experienced animators looking to improve

CAMERA & STAGE
animation camera, lighting and moco rigs

ANIMATION TOOLS & EQUIPMENT
animation tool and rigging discussion

STOP MOTION & COMPUTERS
frame capture, editing, and post-production

STORY
script, storyboarding and storyreel discussion

SOUND
lip-sync, sound effects and music

YOUR STOPMO FILM PROJECT
discuss your stopmo film

ARMATURES
ball & socket and wire armature discussion

MACHINE SHOP
metalwork tool & talk

SCULPTING
sculpture information and advice

HAIR & COSTUME
materials, patterns and technique

CASTING
foam, silicone and resin

CLAY
clay puppet construction

GENERAL PUPPET MAKING
other puppet fabrication issues

STOP MOTION SETS
set design and construction information

MODEL DEPARTMENT
miniature prop discussion

MATTE PAINTINGS
glass matte paintings and backgrounds

GENERAL SPECIAL EFFECTS

STOP MOTION FILM DISCUSSION

FAVORITE STOP MOTION CHARACTERS

PRO ANIMATOR DISCUSSION

FILM FESTIVALS AND EVENTS

ANIMATION SCHOOLS

STOP MOTION BOOKS

STOP MOTION ON VIDEO

JOBS & PROJECTS
post here if you are looking for talent to hire

SWAP MEET
stop motion items for sale

CHAT BOARD
general discussion

SITE FEEDBACK
report bugs, comments and suggestions here

SPAM ALERT!

StopMotionAnimation.com has been hit hard by spammers lately. They have been creating several fake accounts every day, contacting and harassing members and posting suspicious content. If you see anything suspicious, don't click on any links, instead, send me their User Name. I will suspend them. 

Questions & Feedback
Report Spam or Abuse

© 2017   Created by Anthony Scott.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

.xg_widget_forum_index_index .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_listForCategory .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_show .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;}