Use this space to tell everyone about yourself and your interest in stop motion animation.

Views: 13202

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello!. My name is Tab and i am very happy to be part of this great community of fellow stop motion enthusiasts.

I have been experimenting in stop motion for a few years. mostly in 16mm film and a Bolex camera. although I have been a huge fan of Ray H. and stop motion in general i never really had the time to indulge myself in doing my own films. i am in a serious band and have been committed to doing that for a number of years. of course music is very time consuming and left me with little room to indulge my other passion of stop motion. I am just now getting into the digital camera and computer aspect. hopefully i can learn some things here and perhaps make a friend or two.

Hi

My name's Pete, I've just joined up.

I've been interested in making stopmotion for 10+ years.

I'm an amateur so have to fit it in around my day-job (I'm an Engineer.) I try to make pretty much everything myself, so it's a very, very slow progress (I guess you all appreciate that). As for style, I'd like to think it's my own, but I have loads of influences too many to list. 

Beyond stopmotion I'm interested in all cinema, but have a particular penchant for very early European cinema.

That's about it really.

Regards.

Pete

Hi Everyone! Thank you for letting me Join this group! I am fairly new to stop motion animation/Claymation. I am a freelance photographer who had interest in trying out stop motion and now i love it. Currently working on music videos & a few videos just for fun.

Hello all my name is Margie, I'm 53  I've always wanted to do animation, there just wasn't a class that taught it when I was in school. About 15 or so years ago I found photoshop with image ready, and I played with that. Now I don't work so there's plenty of time. I have most of what is needed for the project. clay, camera tripod, props, software, etc.. I plan to do it stop motion pro on windows xp. The only thing I don't have ready is the microphone. I cant get it to work on the computer, it just a matter of clicking or un clicking something I just haven't found it yet.(I have a feeling I'm going to need the most help with sound)

Welcome to the craft. There are many ways to capture sound. I've even taken the shortcut and used a cellphone. This site is a resource. You can do it

Margie McGinty said:

Hello all my name is Margie, I'm 53  I've always wanted to do animation, there just wasn't a class that taught it when I was in school. About 15 or so years ago I found photoshop with image ready, and I played with that. Now I don't work so there's plenty of time. I have most of what is needed for the project. clay, camera tripod, props, software, etc.. I plan to do it stop motion pro on windows xp. The only thing I don't have ready is the microphone. I cant get it to work on the computer, it just a matter of clicking or un clicking something I just haven't found it yet.(I have a feeling I'm going to need the most help with sound)

Hi. My name is Mina. I fell in love with stop motion when I saw several beautiful short animations on Instagram. I started self teaching and got better through time. I've experienced claymation, pixilation, object and whiteboard animation so far.

I'm really glad to meet you all and I'm sure I will learn so much from you.

Welcome aboard

Hello everyone! This is Wifey Blocks Studios. I recently started creating brickfilms shorts. I am now dedicated in growing this passion. I am very much eager to learn a lot from the members of this community and I would also share my learnings as well. I hope you will enjoy whatever works I may share. 

As a kid, I remember seeing lego sets and was always fascinated by them, however I didn't had the chance to play with them as much and time passed by. One day, my wife gave me a small set she got from a store and asked me to build it. I started building the set and my wife saw how I enjoyed it. Since then, she bought me lego sets and encourage me to build and have fun with these lego.

My wife is my life. She inspired me everyday and luckily, motivated me to bring out my creativity and passion through lego stop-motion animation. The fun and laughter that my videos will share is because of my love for my wife. Every bit of my work is dedicated for my wife! I love her so much! LEGO WIFE , LEGO LIFE! 

It's great to have such a supporting wife. :) Enjoy your stay.

Wifey Blocks said:

Hello everyone! This is Wifey Blocks Studios. I recently started creating brickfilms shorts. I am now dedicated in growing this passion. I am very much eager to learn a lot from the members of this community and I would also share my learnings as well. I hope you will enjoy whatever works I may share. 

As a kid, I remember seeing lego sets and was always fascinated by them, however I didn't had the chance to play with them as much and time passed by. One day, my wife gave me a small set she got from a store and asked me to build it. I started building the set and my wife saw how I enjoyed it. Since then, she bought me lego sets and encourage me to build and have fun with these lego.

My wife is my life. She inspired me everyday and luckily, motivated me to bring out my creativity and passion through lego stop-motion animation. The fun and laughter that my videos will share is because of my love for my wife. Every bit of my work is dedicated for my wife! I love her so much! LEGO WIFE , LEGO LIFE! 

Thanks! Yup she is awesome! and when she buys me those lego sets, she is indeed an ANGEL! :)

Here's my YouTube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCruCdEL3B3iqJRj1Zp8ky6w

Brandon Ayers said:

It's great to have such a supporting wife. :) Enjoy your stay.

Wifey Blocks said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

MESSAGE BOARD CATEGORIES

STOPMO NEWBIES
basic stopmo discussion

ANIMATOR TALK
experienced animators looking to improve

CAMERA & STAGE
animation camera, lighting and moco rigs

ANIMATION TOOLS & EQUIPMENT
animation tool and rigging discussion

STOP MOTION & COMPUTERS
frame capture, editing, and post-production

STORY
script, storyboarding and storyreel discussion

SOUND
lip-sync, sound effects and music

YOUR STOPMO FILM PROJECT
discuss your stopmo film

ARMATURES
ball & socket and wire armature discussion

MACHINE SHOP
metalwork tool & talk

SCULPTING
sculpture information and advice

HAIR & COSTUME
materials, patterns and technique

CASTING
foam, silicone and resin

CLAY
clay puppet construction

GENERAL PUPPET MAKING
other puppet fabrication issues

STOP MOTION SETS
set design and construction information

MODEL DEPARTMENT
miniature prop discussion

MATTE PAINTINGS
glass matte paintings and backgrounds

GENERAL SPECIAL EFFECTS

STOP MOTION FILM DISCUSSION

FAVORITE STOP MOTION CHARACTERS

PRO ANIMATOR DISCUSSION

FILM FESTIVALS AND EVENTS

ANIMATION SCHOOLS

STOP MOTION BOOKS

STOP MOTION ON VIDEO

JOBS & PROJECTS
post here if you are looking for talent to hire

SWAP MEET
stop motion items for sale

CHAT BOARD
general discussion

SITE FEEDBACK
report bugs, comments and suggestions here

Gumby Imagined, The Story of Art Clokey and His Creations

The ultimate Gumby retrospective packed with incredible photos and never-before-shared stories. Written by Art Clokey's children, Joan and Joe Clokey, this is the most comprehensive book ever published on Gumby, Davey and Goliath and their creator Art Clokey, a pioneer in stop-motion animation.

stopmo jam on Instagram

© 2018   Created by Anthony Scott.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

.xg_widget_forum_index_index .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_listForCategory .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_show .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;}