Use this space to tell everyone about yourself and your interest in stop motion animation.

Views: 11157

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello !

I have been passionate about photography for more than 10 years.

Recently, I am starting to make my own stopmotion animation.

I hope to share with you my videos and also find new idea to improve my creation !

Hello My Name is Rafael, i joined today! I have been animating for about 6 years now and am excited to be part of this community.

Hi!

My name is Jonathan, I'm about to finish my last year studying computer graphism. 

I fell in love with stop-motion animation last year, and made the decision of doing an animation as my end-year project.  I'd love to discuss the technical aspects of stop-motion with professionals, which is why I made an account here. 

Hi, my name is David.

I'm an editor about to embark on my first stop motion project. I have a whole lot of newbie questions, so please bear with me.

Hello!

My name's Dante and I mostly work in writing and the two-dimensional arts (painting, printmaking, etc) with some sculpting, however I am excited to start exploring the possibilities of animation and three-dimensional storytelling. I've loved stop-motion movies for many years and like a lot of people here I was introduced to it through the work of Harryhausen thanks to my grandfather. t was the discovery of the Quay Brothers, the Czech Surrealists and the dark world of Adam Jones that made me seriously consider trying it for myself.

Right now I have my first professional armature (an Anibild 3) and a few solid scenes to work from, taken from a short story I wrote a couple of years ago. I did a small test for light and camera positioning using a mat-board maquette of the first scene which worked out nicely, but I'm currently floating in a void between knowing what I want, but not knowing how to execute the idea in terms of set materials (and how to build a functional set), mapping out movement and so on.

Despite these inevitable beginner's hurdles, I'm excited to see where my stop-motion journey goes!

Hello, my name is Bob.  I'm 36 years old and have always been fascinated by stop motion animation.  I loved watching all the old movies with Ray Harryhausen and could watch the stop motion from the Star Wars series over and over.

I don't know why, but one day about two years ago I got a bug in that made me decide to give it a try.  I have been dealing with it off and on over the years, having a hard time sticking with it on a continuing basis, primarily because I have a family to take care of.

Other than web videos and a few books, I'm primarily self taught through trial and error.

Right now everything I make looks pretty shoddy because I don't have the money for an HD camera or the room for good lighting equipment, but I try my best.  Maybe one day I'll be brave enough to post some of my stuff.

Hey guys,
I'm just a regular guy from Switzerland doing stop motion animation (mostly brickfilms) in my free time, while working full time as a web developer.

I have been making stop motion movies since 1994 and it always fascinated me to bring objects to life and to tell a story with them. In my opinion I have reached my goal, when people watch my movies, have fun and forget that it's LEGO they're looking at. They just see the characters and the story. If it feels easy and natural then I did a good job.

I started out with a regular VHS video camera that could shoot 1/4 of a second (so 4fps). Over the years technology got better, computers got more advanced and I started to make movies with the Lego Studio, iStopmotion and now Dragonframe.

Now, I film with a NIKON DSLR and Dragonframe und almost spend as much time adding visual effects in post with After Effects as I do animating. I am really passionate about it and if it weren't for my full time job, I would be animating a lot more :-)

Hello everybody, 

So I've been using this website for a few years, and i didn't realize that there's an introduction page.

So Hello!  My name is Alejandra, I like stop-motion.

Come check out my blog where I post stuff that I'm working on. I'm a bit more active on my instagram 

Hey, nice place you got here! Thanks for keeping the riff raff out, although how I got in is still up for debate.

I just started in Stop Motion about a month ago using Lego. My desire is to use it as a fun learning tool to teach kids how to improve their building with Lego bricks. I started a Youtube channel for this purpose, and while I really know much about the techniques behind stop motion at the very least I hope it is fun for kids to watch. My two daughters were the motivator behind this and love stop motion themselves.

Hopefully I can learn a lot here and I hope to be able to share whatever I learn with others.

Thanks for having me!

Hi all:

I'm an artist, sculptor and sometime film maker. I started fiddling with stop motion with the family Super 8 back in the 70s, and moved on to working with digital 3D and 2D. I just got a nice Canon DSLR and learned that there were software solutions for using it to do stop motion work, so I am trying my hand at it again. No thoughts to make the next epic feature film, but I'm hoping to do some personal work and maybe some commercial/corporate pieces for the office. Looking forward to learning from the people here. 

Hi! I'm an animator and professor from Brazil. Been teaching stop-motion in art school for 7 years now. Slowly going back to making films (my last short was released in 2010).

Currently working on a project named "Nest of Salt", a horror story set in France during The Great War. Currently buying supplies and testing some materials before I start building the actual puppets. Also re-doing the storyboard to make a proper animatic.

Hello, fellow creatives! I have been involved in video production for the past five years now. A few years ago when my first son was to be born, my wife and I brainstormed ideas for a birth announcement video. The winning idea was to use the stuffed animals we had purchased for our boy as characters in the film. Having only a Panasonic Lumix GH2 and After Effects, I shot my first ever stop motion animation. You can find it here. While it is by no means an excellent piece, it piqued my interest in the art. Now, expecting our third child, we decided it was time to play catch up and make a short stop motion animation film for our daughter. That decision led me to research the best methods and techniques for animation - leading me down a rabbit hole that I have been gladly lost in for a few weeks now. I just got Dragonframe this past week and hope to get started with some animation tests in the next few weeks.

I've already learned a ton from this group and expect to learn much more. Thanks for contributing. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

POLL: Where to take this Site next?

Future Home for StopMotionAnimation.com
Stay here on the Ning Platform, pay $600/year
Shut down the site and move to a Facebook Group
Move the site to a new server (phpBB)
Other
Please Specify:
Quiz Maker

MESSAGE BOARD CATEGORIES

STOPMO NEWBIES
basic stopmo discussion

ANIMATOR TALK
experienced animators looking to improve

CAMERA & STAGE
animation camera, lighting and moco rigs

ANIMATION TOOLS & EQUIPMENT
animation tool and rigging discussion

STOP MOTION & COMPUTERS
frame capture, editing, and post-production

STORY
script, storyboarding and storyreel discussion

SOUND
lip-sync, sound effects and music

YOUR STOPMO FILM PROJECT
discuss your stopmo film

ARMATURES
ball & socket and wire armature discussion

MACHINE SHOP
metalwork tool & talk

SCULPTING
sculpture information and advice

HAIR & COSTUME
materials, patterns and technique

CASTING
foam, silicone and resin

CLAY
clay puppet construction

GENERAL PUPPET MAKING
other puppet fabrication issues

STOP MOTION SETS
set design and construction information

MODEL DEPARTMENT
miniature prop discussion

MATTE PAINTINGS
glass matte paintings and backgrounds

GENERAL SPECIAL EFFECTS

STOP MOTION FILM DISCUSSION

FAVORITE STOP MOTION CHARACTERS

PRO ANIMATOR DISCUSSION

FILM FESTIVALS AND EVENTS

ANIMATION SCHOOLS

STOP MOTION BOOKS

STOP MOTION ON VIDEO

JOBS & PROJECTS
post here if you are looking for talent to hire

SWAP MEET
stop motion items for sale

CHAT BOARD
general discussion

SITE FEEDBACK
report bugs, comments and suggestions here

KUBO and the Two Strings

Photos

Loading…

BLOGS

Create a Blog for your personal page. Go to My Page and click on Blog Posts. Access all Blog Posts here.

SPAM ALERT!

StopMotionAnimation.com has been hit hard by spammers lately. They have been creating several fake accounts every day, contacting and harassing members and posting suspicious content. If you see anything suspicious, don't click on any links, instead, send me their User Name. I will suspend them. 

Questions & Feedback
Report Spam or Abuse

© 2016   Created by Anthony Scott.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

.xg_widget_forum_index_index .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_listForCategory .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_show .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;}