Use this space to tell everyone about yourself and your interest in stop motion animation.

Views: 8970

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello,

I am a CG animator by trade, trying my hand at stop motion. I animated the Geico Gecko for 5 years, have worked on 3 Feature Films and 3 AAA Game titles. I always wanted to animate with my hands, with a love for all the holiday stop motion animations of my childhood.

Armature parts are hard to come by! Going to really get into ball and rod armatures, investigating as we speak! Buying stuff from the UK could get very expensive. 

Slowly but surely gathering up camera stuff and stage equipment, learning my armature, can't wait to get started!!!

Looking forward to meeting the artists here!!

Chris

Hi, there!

YOYO will make a series of stop motion animes. As a big fan of stop motion, I believe it will be a wonderful and interesting thing to do. I will invite
comments on our videos from you guys.

I believe I will get to know quite lot of experts of stop motion anime here and friends with common ineterests. I hope you'll enjoy the productions of YOYO.
Thanks!

Hi there!  I've been lurking on these forums and want to give a big thanks to everyone for all the helpful information.

I'm a trained composer living in Seattle, WA.  I've always been a restless composer, wanting music to be more tactile.  I'm always moving from craft to craft, completing one project and then moving to a different medium (building furniture for my home, quilting, knitting, composing music, sculpting, ceramics, painting, you name it).  

Drifting through all of these crafts suddenly began to make sense when I realized the possibilities of stop motion animation.  I can have it all--the music, sculpting, photography, sewing, building...everything!  On a somewhat personal note, I have Attention Deficit "Disorder" and, paired with stop motion animation and all of its components, it feels like an advantage rather than a disadvantage for me.

I'm currently working on creating a stop motion short to a Piano Trio that I wrote and had performed last year.  The piece is just under 5 minutes long, with no spoken words, and two characters and two rooms to create.  It may be ambitious for my first piece, but am looking forward to all the trial and error.

Anywho--longwinded introduction, really just want to thank you all again for all the information that you share on this site!

Cheers,

Robbie

Ha! My wife always harrasses me......she says "Your hobby is having hobbies". Like you - sculpting, music, painting, ceramics, wood working, moldmaking, lifecasting, radio control, photography, sewing, knitting and loads more ON TOP of general tinkering.....well.....it's all coming together now so who's laughing there honey? Huh? (She doesn't read this forum so I can get away with that ; ) I think we've all got some degree of "Disorder" as you say. I know mine is somewhere on the OCD spectrum.

Welcome! I look froward to being inspired by you as I have been by so many others here.

Ha ha...

I always said: if you like stop motion and are married, then there are two moments for working in it: before the 5 first years of relationship or fifteen years after.

before 5 because then all is forgiven and after 15 because already nothing matters!

Animatters said:

Ha! My wife always harrasses me......she says "Your hobby is having hobbies". Like you - sculpting, music, painting, ceramics, wood working, moldmaking, lifecasting, radio control, photography, sewing, knitting and loads more ON TOP of general tinkering.....well.....it's all coming together now so who's laughing there honey? Huh? (She doesn't read this forum so I can get away with that ; ) I think we've all got some degree of "Disorder" as you say. I know mine is somewhere on the OCD spectrum.

Welcome! I look froward to being inspired by you as I have been by so many others here.

Hi everyone,
I wondered if I may take this opportunity to post a link to a project I am trying to get off the ground.

I'm hoping someone will grab this chance to be part of a project which will be a great experience, plus something you'll enjoy. If the goal is successful a film about raising awareness of Parkinson's will be in production and will be a great resource for future health and social care.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2048073752/keep-on-keeping-on?...

The reason why I’ve decided to make a film on Parkinson’s is because the last six years I’ve have watched the disease change my mothers way of life completely. Whilst PD has brought some of the most difficult times to my mothers life the support she has received from others, who are also suffering from PD have enriched her life greatly. My own observations of PD is that it remains very much a silent illness and I feel an obligation to give it a voice using real life experiences. My aim is to raise awareness of the daily challenges that people with Parkinson’s face, such as the little things, such as making a cup of tea, that many people take for granted.

Only four days to go before it's times up.
Thanks for your time.
hi hi everyone ^^
i am just starting in stop motion, but ive got a background in sculpture and was frequently hanging about the animation studio when i was in college. for some reason it never hit me that i too could make puppets and tell stories with them, but that's what im aiming to do now!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Puppet Putty

Puppet Putty is formulated by clay animator Don Carlson. Properties include colors that do not bleed on your hands, a matte finish, cleans up with water, is very light weight, firm, non-greasy and has a silky texture.

MESSAGE BOARD QUICK LINKS

Message Board

Wombok's got a trailer 2015

Started by Miles and Jules in YOUR STOPMO FILM PROJECT. Last reply by Miles and Jules yesterday. 9 Replies

Hi Gang..we finally decided on a trailer for our film. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ANhKKgF5Tglet us know war you think?cheersM&JContinue

Tags: forest, wombok

warning rendering nef in after effects give incorrect colour

Started by Miles and Jules in STOP MOTION & COMPUTERS yesterday. 0 Replies

Hi guys…i guess this is just an issue for people how shoot on nikons in raw (net) then convert their footage. We did this for wombok using after effects cs5 but didn't check it against the original properly. Turns out it brightened everything and…Continue

AnimatorHD Technical Help

Started by Lottie Holland in STOP MOTION & COMPUTERS. Last reply by Miles and Jules yesterday. 8 Replies

I'm a newbie - this is my first proper stop-motion project. I'm trying to start the actual animation process, and after searching around, have opted for AnimatorHD. I decided to try the trial version to make sure it works. But it…Continue

Tags: help

Change to look of site?

Started by StopmoNick in SITE FEEDBACK. Last reply by Anthony Scott on Thursday. 17 Replies

Since yesterday, the whole look of the site has changed... or is it just me?  It is now a wide blinding landscape of pure white, such as Scott of the Antarctic would have faced!   Text is in black.Windows like the one to add an image have a clear…Continue

Live Chat On AnimateClay.com Reminder

Started by Ron Cole in ANIMATOR TALK. Last reply by Ron Cole on Thursday. 254 Replies

Don't forget, on WEDNESDAYS (Thursdays on the first week of each month)  there's a…Continue

Home set up for silver soldering

Started by Roos Mattaar in MACHINE SHOP. Last reply by Roos Mattaar on Wednesday. 41 Replies

Hi there,Not a very much used part of the message board it seems here, but seems most appropriate for my question...I finally have a great space to use as my own stop motion workshop/studio, hooray!I have done some ball and socket armature making…Continue

Photos

Loading…

Events

BLOGS

Create a Blog for your personal page. Go to My Page and click on Blog Posts. Access all Blog Posts here.

Members

© 2015   Created by Anthony Scott.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

.xg_widget_forum_index_index .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_listForCategory .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_show .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;}