Use this space to tell everyone about yourself and your interest in stop motion animation.

Views: 8687

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi everybody! I'm Agustin Chapa. I'm Spanish but actually I'm based in Shanghai (China) working as photographer.
I come from very different disciplines such as graphic design, 3d, retouching, and actually photography.
In 2006 I was managing a very little company in Spain doing collectibles miniatures based in movies characters. My company was the first one using 3d printable technologies for this purpose but due to the so expensive prices of manufacturing at that time I decided Don't keep forward. At that moment I was available to give better quality than the most important brands on the market. One day I read about LAIKA studios and how they actually are taking advantage of this technologies. That catch my interest in the stop motion industry since I have some background than certainly can be used in a stop motion production. So I hope guys I can enjoy in this site and learn a little bit more about this beautiful animated art.

Hello everyone and thanks for having me here. I've decided I better stop lurking around because this is a great resource that I look forward to being a part of.

I'm new to stop motion but not new to animation - I've been "involved" in animation at some level or another since 1993. I've worked on all sorts of random projects ranging from station ID bumpers and logo spots for broadcast, 3d modelling and animation for corporate video, multimedia training and web delivery and in the past two or three years have been developing the tradigital and puppet based 2d animation side of my brain with Toon Boom's range of products.

I'm here to continue to broaden my animation repertoire and stop motion is one heck of a mountain to climb...but a worthy effort. I thank you all for what I've gleaned from here already and promise to contribute back where I'm able and share my development with you all. I've spent the last year and a half slowly investing in the pursuit by way of software, lenses, lighting kits and chroma screens and am now onto the first few puppets and all that involves, stage construction, camera dolly rig building and model making for a mass army project I hope to have finished up for this coming winter - a spoof bit that I'll just be floating out on YouTube. A personal project, nothing earth shattering but fun on a mini epic sort of scale.

I'm finding more and more that I'm yearning to get back to the roots of animation where the charm still lives through the artistry. And of course even in stop motion we see technology coming to the forefront - but to me it's a bit of a relief. I CAN wrap the processes involved today such as replacement face puppets (which make so much sense to me) - I couldn't fathom how it used to be and quite frankly likely couldn't cut it to do it the old fashioned way with hand sculpted everything for every frame.

So that's me. Just a little one-man, home-based studio (in our 13th year in business) that would love one day to bloom and grow but for now I'm happy with the work I do. Happier that it allows me to play an active role in my growing children's lives so I'll never complain about my lot in life.

What do I dream of at night? Arc motion control......wouldn't that be nice to play with?

Hi Animatters, I'm new here, and just learning as many others... I just was reading your post and made me think how many people we share a similar dream. Thant's beautiful.

Welcome here I hope to see your works.

All the best

Hi guys,

I'm really new at stop motion. Give me 2-3 years, I am planning to open a Stop Motion Production back in my home country. Currently i'm working as an expat in other country, trying to collect money in pursuing my dream.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Puppet Putty

Puppet Putty is formulated by clay animator Don Carlson. Properties include colors that do not bleed on your hands, a matte finish, cleans up with water, is very light weight, firm, non-greasy and has a silky texture.

MESSAGE BOARD QUICK LINKS

Message Board

The Story of Percival Pilts

Started by John Lewis in YOUR STOPMO FILM PROJECT. Last reply by Lemz Media 10 hours ago. 30 Replies

Hello All. Janette Goodey and I have been working for a few years on this little film.  The film is finally finished, and our trailer is up.  https://vimeo.com/116135030Visit our …Continue

Film Festival Results

Started by Keith Mullin in YOUR STOPMO FILM PROJECT. Last reply by Keith Mullin yesterday. 2 Replies

On Thursday night we had the "Best of Festival" screening and awards ceremony for a film festival that I did a stop animation for.  My film "Percipient" was selected for the Best of Fest screening and nominated for a pile of awards.  I ended up…Continue

Live Chat On AnimateClay.com Reminder

Started by Ron Cole in ANIMATOR TALK. Last reply by Ron Cole yesterday. 248 Replies

Don't forget, on WEDNESDAYS (Thursdays on the first week of each month)  there's a…Continue

Motion Control for Dragonframe

Started by Tim Tracey in CAMERA & STAGE. Last reply by Simon Tytherleigh yesterday. 9 Replies

I'm trying to figure out exactly what I will need to purchase to do 3 axis motion control and focus. I'm finding it rather confusing. Anyone have any experience with this?I was looking at this package.…Continue

Tags: control, motion

clay

Started by Alex Sdraub in NEWBIE CORNER. Last reply by Don Carlson on Wednesday. 8 Replies

Does anybody  know a very soft clay for molding like Klean clay? it is discontinuedContinue

AnimatorHD Technical Help

Started by Lottie Holland in STOP MOTION & COMPUTERS. Last reply by StopmoNick on Tuesday. 6 Replies

I'm a newbie - this is my first proper stop-motion project. I'm trying to start the actual animation process, and after searching around, have opted for AnimatorHD. I decided to try the trial version to make sure it works. But it…Continue

Tags: help

Photos

Loading…

Events

BLOGS

Create a Blog for your personal page. Go to My Page and click on Blog Posts. Access all Blog Posts here.

Members

© 2015   Created by Anthony Scott.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

.xg_widget_forum_index_index .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_listForCategory .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_show .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;}