Use this space to tell everyone about yourself and your interest in stop motion animation.

Views: 7870

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good Morning everyone! My name is Troy Stith and I'm based out of Columbus, OH. I grew up on a steady diet of Will Vinton's claymation, not to mention all the other talented animators of the time. My love for it has only grown over the ages and I'm still pulled into the magic it takes to make stop motion happen. Although, my last attempts at basic stop motion with toys died with VHS, I'm looking to start researching into bringing a story idea I have to life. 

Although I don't have much stop motion experience at this point, I have been involved with sculpting, making toys, doing designer toy customs, and painting the past five years or so. It seems like I've come full circle now and I'm ready to start bringing my skills together for a bigger project. 

I'm looking forward to checking out more of the threads on here and sharing some of my work! 

Hi I am Fatima. I am a graphic designer .Before 2 years I got interested in animation specially stop motion way. I hope to get more and more information from this interesting site.

Have a nice day every one :)

Hi!  I've joined this forum to learn more about stop motion animation.  I was recently introduced to it while taking an animation class with my son.  He's interested in animation and so I decided to take a class with him.  Wow!  I'm loving it.  Specifically stop motion animation.  It's really fun and allows my imagination to create anything I want.   During the day, I run a website focused on comics, called IndieComicsTracker.com.  I hope to network with all of you and learn more!

Hi folks. Finally joining this site after hearing about it for years, and I can already see a few people I recognize from YouTube and whatnot. I've been animating for about 7 years now, currently 17 years old, and am now in the spot of trying to get into an art school to pursue animation further there. I plan on posting some of my already completed animations here, although I may not have too much progress to show on the stop motion side of things at least for a brief period, as I am more focused on still life drawings to build my portfolio to show to schools. Hopefully I'll still be able to make a few short practice animations on the side though!

Looking forward to checking out other people's work and hopefully learning a thing or two.

Here's my channel if you want to see some of my stuff: https://www.youtube.com/user/cjanimation

Hi everyone, I'm Chris Diaz. Even though I've been posting on here about the Montreal Stop Motion Film Festival for a while, I realized I never actually introduced myself.

I'm a freelance animator/illustrator from Montreal. I used to lurk a lot on the old boards. I was kid in the 80's, so all the movies still used stop motions for SFX. Ghostbusters, Robocop, Dragonslayer, these were the films I absolutely adored as a kid. Stop Motion was also everywhere: music videos, commercials, television shows...consequently, I've loved stop motion since I was young enough to watch TV.

It wasn't until a Reading Rainbow episode that I first discovered how stop motion was done. It was a bit of a watershed moment for me because it was the first time I ever saw the process, and the first time I went "I want to do that." God bless you, Levar Burton!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dE15oMLWVkc

It wasn't until I had gotten into the animation program at Concordia in that I learned about the history of stop motion and would be exposed to stop motion from other countries, such as Svankmajer, The Brothers Quay, Jiri Barta, Jiri Trnka, etc. Also, the proliferation of blogs in the early to mid 2000's also helped as more animators and animation enthusiasts could easily start hosting their own blogs. Before youtube, I used to visit AtomFilms a lot and watch stop motion shortsby independent animators. This is where I was exposed to The Box Man, The Canhead series, and a bunch of other great indie shorts. There were also a great series of torrents back in the day called "Beltesassar's Great Animation Festival" that used to collect great 2D and stop motion animated shorts. I think I later found out they were rips of "The Animation Show" DVDs.

This is the first thing I ever animated in stop motion. It was for my stop-mo class at Concordia:

https://vimeo.com/4932865

I haven't had the chance to work on too many stop motion projects, they don't come around very often. The last one I worked on was for a small documentary called The Wanted 18. My latest demo can be found here:

https://vimeo.com/104468627

I've been helping coordinate the Montreal Stop Motion Festival for the past three years. It's run by my old Stop-Motion teacher, Erik Goulet, who's crazy about stop motion. He started the festival after his wife suggested he start his own when he was complaining about there not being enough stop motion at a bunch of animation festivals he had attended. I like him, I like the festival, and I love stop motion, so that's what I've been doing with my time!

Hello everyone - I'm 58 and joined SEA a few years ago (as "StpMoFan") strictly as an Obrien/Harryhausen fan, so I dont care about any detailed tech talk.  Altho stopmo will always be unique and enjoyable, CG is now the method of choice for serious fantasy and sci-fi at the major studios.

Anyone who wants to discuss classic stopmo movies or CG movies is welcome anytime.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

MESSAGE BOARD QUICK LINKS

Message Board

Memory Thief (2013) Student Film

Started by Mike in YOUR STOPMO FILM PROJECT 6 hours ago. 0 Replies

This was my buddy Jesse's stop-mo class project. Just saw he put it online today. He designed and built everything, lit and filmed it, did the post work, and animated the freaky end bit. I mostly just animated.It was a totally spur of the moment…Continue

Tags: weird, short, film, student

Substitution for Naphtha for painting Silicone?

Started by Dawn Brown in GENERAL PUPPET MAKING. Last reply by Dawn Brown 7 hours ago. 9 Replies

Hi gang,I have often read that Naphtha is used to thin tinted silicone so you can paint with it, or even push it through an airbrush.I want to paint silicone with an airbrush, but Naphtha is not readily available in my area. Can I use Mineral…Continue

Tags: silicone, painting, naphtha

Hyrdocal vs Ultracal vs Resin

Started by Mike in CASTING 8 hours ago. 0 Replies

Hey there folks,Quick (maybe) question... So I've been unsuccessful finding any local supplier of Ultracal-30. Any SFX people I know order it online and pay an arm and leg for shipping because they operate out of shops that can afford that. Total…Continue

Please Introduce Yourself

Started by Anthony Scott in CHAT BOARD. Last reply by Paul Merrill 9 hours ago. 419 Replies

Use this space to tell everyone about yourself and your interest in stop motion animation.Continue

Grand Prize Winner! "Marshmallow Martyr"

Started by Rick Jacobs in YOUR STOPMO FILM PROJECT. Last reply by Rick Jacobs 12 hours ago. 6 Replies

Fun! I won grand prize for this animation. On to a more challenging competition.…Continue

"Will O' The Wisp" Production Bumper + Short Film (2014)

Started by Mike in YOUR STOPMO FILM PROJECT. Last reply by StampMotionStudio yesterday. 8 Replies

Hello Everyone :) I've been posting some random W.I.P. photos and little test videos over the past year or so, but I recently discovered there's a "your project" section here in the forum. So this is a thread for my ongoing project, "Will O' The…Continue

Tags: wip, commercial, bumper, film, short

Photos

Loading…

Events

BLOGS

Create a Blog for your personal page. Go to My Page and click on Blog Posts. Access all Blog Posts here.

Members

© 2014   Created by Anthony Scott.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

.xg_widget_forum_index_index .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_listForCategory .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_show .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;}