Use this space to tell everyone about yourself and your interest in stop motion animation.

Views: 13692

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi my name is Jason Andrew Hite, I am a professional sculptor who loves stop-motion animation. You can see some of my works here.  I made a stop-motion short back in 2005 called STASIS and am gearing up to continue the story with more sets puppets and sci-fi insanity. I've spent the last 5 or 6 years sculpting more puppets and building sets here and there, (here is one set to the left) that all relate to STASIS and I can't wait to start filming again! Their is a chance I may get funding to possibly make this into a full fledged series of shorts but it will mean that I might have to compromise my vision. I am finding this VERY difficult. I would love to hear any input you might have and I am sure that I will be asking lost of questions about equipment and other stop-motion topics. Thanks and I look forward to chatting!

Respectfully,

Jason A. Hite

Oh boy... that is... just... BAM!

Jason Andrew Hite said:

oh wow, some excellent stuff here, incredibly detailed and clearly imagined...are all the images real?

The image of the fat guy looks a lot like a zbrush base sculpt..?

please dont take that as any kind of criticism- these images are great no matter how they were made...I am very intruiged by the kind of story that could be told with these creations...

keep it up!

ps- just backtracked and watched stasis- Giger eat your heart out!

Thanks John,

Yes all of these images are real sculptures. The fat guy was done using a blend of Super Sculpy and fimo. I have used Zbrush but prefer to do it the old fashion way:)

Nice to meet you,

Jason

John Horabin said:

oh wow, some excellent stuff here, incredibly detailed and clearly imagined...are all the images real?

The image of the fat guy looks a lot like a zbrush base sculpt..?

please dont take that as any kind of criticism- these images are great no matter how they were made...I am very intruiged by the kind of story that could be told with these creations...

keep it up!

ps- just backtracked and watched stasis- Giger eat your heart out!

Hello, 

I've come here to learn more about stop motion animation.  My oldest daughter has been a fan of stopmo for nearly her entire life, starting when she discovered Gumby around the age of 3, then Corpse Bride a few years later, and so on.  Recently we were fortunate enough to do a  workshop with the amazing Cadi Catlow & Andy Kaiser, who directed us to this site.  So here we are, plunging into the world of stopmo.  While the kids are busy creating a studio in the basement and building models, I am trying to figure out how to set up the camera and computer so we can actually start filming.

I have an olympus e520 dsl and a few assorted manual lenses from my old cameras which I'm hoping we can put to use, I've only got to figure out how to do it...  And then there's the computer part, not looking forward to that, but I'm feeling encouraged by the wealth of information available here.  

Hello, I am the one who was making a senior project for my high school in the old site. The final project was a series of clips I have made, but nonetheless it did impress my family and schoolboard, describing it as "intense, cute, and interesting." Right now I am in college. I haven't done any animations because my house is now full, and will be hard to do otherwise. Once I move away I will return to the business. In the meantime, I have been preparing screenplays for future projects, including my intentional project.

hello puppet people,

i have joined because i absolutely adore stop motion entertainment. i grew up watching trumpton, camberwick green and my all time favorite chigley amongst other great shows of the 70's.

i bought the dvds a couple of years ago and my grandson absolutely loves them.

being a creative bod myself i have decided that i would like to create my own stop motion movie for him with us as the stars of the show. i want to keep it very simple in the sense of detail, mirroring the style and character of chigley. so i have come here for some technical know how and ideas on how to develop my project.

so hello to everyone here, i look forward to developing some cool relationships.

Hi! Our company, HUMANIMALIA  STUDIO, specializes in puppet making for stop-motion animation and full production services. Our studio is comprised of animators,  armature masters, artists, and screenwriters, creating an  experienced team  with  full knowledge of the field. Since 2005 we have been providing our services to filmmakers, being part of multiple short-films - some of them internationally awarded including "Cages” (2006, Juan José Medina) and  “Mutatio” (2011, León Fernández).  Our goal is to offer assistance and high quality solutions  to the animator, while adjusting to his budget guidelines.

Check our facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Humanimalia-Studio/351025314985484

Or email us:
humanimalia.studio.sm@gmail.com

Hi All, 29 year old male here from the UK, looking to get into stop motion animation, have always had an interest in claymation films and now looking to make my own short by turning my room into a set and creating the characters then shooting and editing, hopefully have something to show in about 6 months time! haha

Looks like a great site with a great forum, will be reading over and exploring it over the next few days, look froward to interacting with you all

Darren

Hi,  I'm a guy in 30s who got into writing his own children's tv programmes.  After a couple of animation projects, I decided to write a stop motion pre-school series.  Whadda-ya-know, an exec asks if he can see more. 

Well, this is not something I've ever tried, and after approaching a couple of studios about creating a 3-5min teaser and modelling characters, I realised my budget doesnt stretch that far, so I googled, found this site, joined and will see if I can do it myself.

By the way if anyone wants to make my life easier and help, then I'm all ears.

Welcome, Steve! Somehow I doubt you'll have any trouble finding someone to help!

And congrats on the executive interest!

Duh'vied tom uh sievi ez ?!?!?!?

Close?

David Tomasiewicz said:▼ Reply to Discussion

Hi, my name is David Tomasiewicz (don't try to pronounce it. Many have tried and failed), and I'm a Stop-motion addict.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

MESSAGE BOARD CATEGORIES

STOPMO NEWBIES
basic stopmo discussion

ANIMATOR TALK
experienced animators looking to improve

CAMERA & STAGE
animation camera, lighting and moco rigs

ANIMATION TOOLS & EQUIPMENT
animation tool and rigging discussion

STOP MOTION & COMPUTERS
frame capture, editing, and post-production

STORY
script, storyboarding and storyreel discussion

SOUND
lip-sync, sound effects and music

YOUR STOPMO FILM PROJECT
discuss your stopmo film

ARMATURES
ball & socket and wire armature discussion

MACHINE SHOP
metalwork tool & talk

SCULPTING
sculpture information and advice

HAIR & COSTUME
materials, patterns and technique

CASTING
foam, silicone and resin

CLAY
clay puppet construction

GENERAL PUPPET MAKING
other puppet fabrication issues

STOP MOTION SETS
set design and construction information

MODEL DEPARTMENT
miniature prop discussion

MATTE PAINTINGS
glass matte paintings and backgrounds

GENERAL SPECIAL EFFECTS

STOP MOTION FILM DISCUSSION

FAVORITE STOP MOTION CHARACTERS

PRO ANIMATOR DISCUSSION

FILM FESTIVALS AND EVENTS

ANIMATION SCHOOLS

STOP MOTION BOOKS

STOP MOTION ON VIDEO

JOBS & PROJECTS
post here if you are looking for talent to hire

SWAP MEET
stop motion items for sale

CHAT BOARD
general discussion

SITE FEEDBACK
report bugs, comments and suggestions here

Latest Activity

A film by Adam Ciolfi posted a discussion
11 hours ago
limouzin updated their profile
yesterday
Youp Zondag replied to Count Croc's discussion Backgrounds
"Hey, As I was perusing the site and saw your question, I thought I'd get Nick (my camera guy)…"
Friday
Helen Garcia posted videos
Thursday

© 2019   Created by Anthony Scott.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

.xg_widget_forum_index_index .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_listForCategory .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_show .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;}