Use this space to tell everyone about yourself and your interest in stop motion animation.

Views: 13616

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome to the craft. There are many ways to capture sound. I've even taken the shortcut and used a cellphone. This site is a resource. You can do it

Margie McGinty said:

Hello all my name is Margie, I'm 53  I've always wanted to do animation, there just wasn't a class that taught it when I was in school. About 15 or so years ago I found photoshop with image ready, and I played with that. Now I don't work so there's plenty of time. I have most of what is needed for the project. clay, camera tripod, props, software, etc.. I plan to do it stop motion pro on windows xp. The only thing I don't have ready is the microphone. I cant get it to work on the computer, it just a matter of clicking or un clicking something I just haven't found it yet.(I have a feeling I'm going to need the most help with sound)

Hi. My name is Mina. I fell in love with stop motion when I saw several beautiful short animations on Instagram. I started self teaching and got better through time. I've experienced claymation, pixilation, object and whiteboard animation so far.

I'm really glad to meet you all and I'm sure I will learn so much from you.

Welcome aboard

Hello everyone! This is Wifey Blocks Studios. I recently started creating brickfilms shorts. I am now dedicated in growing this passion. I am very much eager to learn a lot from the members of this community and I would also share my learnings as well. I hope you will enjoy whatever works I may share. 

As a kid, I remember seeing lego sets and was always fascinated by them, however I didn't had the chance to play with them as much and time passed by. One day, my wife gave me a small set she got from a store and asked me to build it. I started building the set and my wife saw how I enjoyed it. Since then, she bought me lego sets and encourage me to build and have fun with these lego.

My wife is my life. She inspired me everyday and luckily, motivated me to bring out my creativity and passion through lego stop-motion animation. The fun and laughter that my videos will share is because of my love for my wife. Every bit of my work is dedicated for my wife! I love her so much! LEGO WIFE , LEGO LIFE! 

It's great to have such a supporting wife. :) Enjoy your stay.

Wifey Blocks said:

Hello everyone! This is Wifey Blocks Studios. I recently started creating brickfilms shorts. I am now dedicated in growing this passion. I am very much eager to learn a lot from the members of this community and I would also share my learnings as well. I hope you will enjoy whatever works I may share. 

As a kid, I remember seeing lego sets and was always fascinated by them, however I didn't had the chance to play with them as much and time passed by. One day, my wife gave me a small set she got from a store and asked me to build it. I started building the set and my wife saw how I enjoyed it. Since then, she bought me lego sets and encourage me to build and have fun with these lego.

My wife is my life. She inspired me everyday and luckily, motivated me to bring out my creativity and passion through lego stop-motion animation. The fun and laughter that my videos will share is because of my love for my wife. Every bit of my work is dedicated for my wife! I love her so much! LEGO WIFE , LEGO LIFE! 

Thanks! Yup she is awesome! and when she buys me those lego sets, she is indeed an ANGEL! :)

Here's my YouTube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCruCdEL3B3iqJRj1Zp8ky6w

Brandon Ayers said:

It's great to have such a supporting wife. :) Enjoy your stay.

Wifey Blocks said:

Hi, I am Amelia. 

Hello, my name is Avani Babar. I am studying in a design institute in India, where I was first introduced to stop-motion and have been in love with it ever since. I enjoy experimenting with different mediums and have found sand to be the hardest so far. It is super fun to create tiny props for tiny people. I cant imagine myself doing anything apart from stop-motion and I'm happy to be here, among fellow stop-motion lovers :)

Hello everyone, my name is Priscilla and, like everyone here, I have a love for stop motion. Mine is rooted in watching and rewatching Chicken Run and Gumby with my dad on his weekends.

I'm feeling a little out of place because I'm not skillful with my hands and am not a stop motion creator.. Nevertheless, I have a deep appreciation for the artform and am here to learn more.

I am rather shy but am learning to reach out to people with the help of my love for stop motion. I have recently started a blog where I write about short films I’ve watched and what I think they mean.

It has made me a better writer and critical thinker but, more importantly, is helping me overcome my timidity.

Thank you for letting me be an admirer of your hard work and talent ^-^

https://stopmotionshortreviews.blogspot.com/

Hey everybody! My name's Ben Young, and I guess I'm a stop motion animator from Ohio!

I've been lurking on here for a good few months now, but I thought I'd finally go ahead and introduce myself. I've been practicing stop motion for a good few years now, up until a while back I've basically only been animating with LEGO. 

In the past year though, I've started to get into more traditional puppet animation. I've made a few shorts, including one stop motion interactive short, but now I'm diving head first into fabricating and animating for my thesis film, a stop motion animated film about Goats, Aliens, and family love, all my favorite things!

In prepping for this short, this website and the members of it have already been super helpful and insightful in helping me overcome several obstacles so far. I hope to keep learning and improving, and hopefully be a helpful stop mo-er myself along the way!

A link to some of my past work, if you're curious!

Hello!

I'm Aj, and I'm an animation student in Los Angeles who is mostly focusing on stop-motion animation, set design, and prop-making. I've been in love with stop-motion ever since I was a kid, but didn't really get into it as a prospective career path until I went back to school in 2014.

I grew up watching things like James and the Giant Peach, Gumby, and Wallace and Gromit, and eventually took an elective class in stop-motion animation by chance at my community college (thus falling madly in love and making the decision to leave my career in healthcare behind). I've made several short films at my school with both paper cut-outs on downshooters and 3D puppets with dolly cameras, and am hoping to use this website to learn from other artists, connect with folks, and continue growing to be a better animator :)

Welcome!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

MESSAGE BOARD CATEGORIES

STOPMO NEWBIES
basic stopmo discussion

ANIMATOR TALK
experienced animators looking to improve

CAMERA & STAGE
animation camera, lighting and moco rigs

ANIMATION TOOLS & EQUIPMENT
animation tool and rigging discussion

STOP MOTION & COMPUTERS
frame capture, editing, and post-production

STORY
script, storyboarding and storyreel discussion

SOUND
lip-sync, sound effects and music

YOUR STOPMO FILM PROJECT
discuss your stopmo film

ARMATURES
ball & socket and wire armature discussion

MACHINE SHOP
metalwork tool & talk

SCULPTING
sculpture information and advice

HAIR & COSTUME
materials, patterns and technique

CASTING
foam, silicone and resin

CLAY
clay puppet construction

GENERAL PUPPET MAKING
other puppet fabrication issues

STOP MOTION SETS
set design and construction information

MODEL DEPARTMENT
miniature prop discussion

MATTE PAINTINGS
glass matte paintings and backgrounds

GENERAL SPECIAL EFFECTS

STOP MOTION FILM DISCUSSION

FAVORITE STOP MOTION CHARACTERS

PRO ANIMATOR DISCUSSION

FILM FESTIVALS AND EVENTS

ANIMATION SCHOOLS

STOP MOTION BOOKS

STOP MOTION ON VIDEO

JOBS & PROJECTS
post here if you are looking for talent to hire

SWAP MEET
stop motion items for sale

CHAT BOARD
general discussion

SITE FEEDBACK
report bugs, comments and suggestions here

Latest Activity

StopmoNick replied to Duane Petrie's discussion *Emerges from underground covered in dust* *Blinks blindly at the sun* ..."Hello is anyone still here??"
"Hey Duane, Nice to hear from one of the old crew!  Some regulars don't turn up here very…"
3 hours ago
Ron Cole replied to Ron Cole's discussion Ron Cole's Realistic Stop Motion Special Effects Services
"Hi Duane. There's no such thing as a dead thread here, so long as a thread still exists,…"
17 hours ago
Simon Tytherleigh replied to Duane Petrie's discussion *Emerges from underground covered in dust* *Blinks blindly at the sun* ..."Hello is anyone still here??"
"Have a look at threads on moco rigs on this site, where there is quite a lot of discussion about…"
18 hours ago
Duane Petrie replied to Ron Cole's discussion Ron Cole's Realistic Stop Motion Special Effects Services
"EDIT - I should rephrase this. Sorry Ron, if that question sounded intrusive -- I realized in…"
yesterday

© 2019   Created by Anthony Scott.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

.xg_widget_forum_index_index .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_listForCategory .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_show .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;}