Use this space to tell everyone about yourself and your interest in stop motion animation.

Views: 13631

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello everyone, my name is Marvin. I went to film school and graduated in 08. I've been in art schools the majority of my life and always been very creative. I start to develop interest in stop motion around a year ago. I tried to give it a shot as soon as i got interested in it and thats when my computer and equipment got stolen. Since then i just been drawing ideas to make my next puppet and saving money to buy new equipment. I will update my page as soon as i start putting stuff together.

ellow mellow's only just come across this site,i have just started an interest in stop motion as i make little wooden doll charms and have now desided to do some animation with them,i have a little stop motion app on the ipod and it is easy to use,but still a lot to learn, great to be on a site like this could learn a lot from it.xxxx

Hi, I'm Jack.
I've been stop motion animating for about 10 years now. I started making simple animations to entertain my family and friends. Then I moved on to creating short Lego films with my best friend Jordan for school projects instead of having to write out reports, as a bonus we got to show them to the class when we were finished. Now days I am currently working on two local stop motion television commercials which I am very lucky and thankful to have the opportunity to do. I also have a couple music videos planning out in my brain, a feature length zombie stop-mo movie in the works and hopefully a short youtube Lego series on the way as well.
I've recently been learning many wonderful new things about stop motion and am upgrading my knowledge on the subject. I still however love animating things in an old fashioned sort of way. I'd be happy to help and lend my advice in any way I can!
Cheers

Hello! I am looking for an animator for Manufactured Love. If you live in Boston or close send me your reel!!! We're are funded!

www.tinyurl.com/heartrobots
My email address is Franksjonathan35@gmail.com

Hi everyone,

My name is Isabel and Im a horror freak/stopmotion director/maker/animator. I started out as a special fx artist and then through doing work experience at a few different commercial stopmotion houses in I learned a bit more about the art and eventually started making my own films. Stylistically I love animators like Svankmajer, The Brothers Quay and Robert Morgan as well as directors like David Conenberg, John Carpenter and David Lynch. Ive spent the last two years in production on my short stopmotion, Butterflies in my Melbourne studio. I co-wrote, directed, production designed, built puppets, props and sets and animated this film with a very small but wondrous and dedicated crew. I was lucky enough to have Nick Hilligoss doing part of the animation on the film which was an absolute joy. Not only did he do a great job but he was also a pleasure to work with:) Check out the trailer below.

Wow Isabel. That is some impressive and very professional looking work you have there. So, you have your own animation studio? That is so cool! I always dreamed of having my own studio. I'm glad to hear there are people out there who have been able to achieve that dream. It gives me hope that one day I could do the same.

-Andrew

Isabel Peppard said:

Hi everyone,

My name is Isabel and Im a horror freak/stopmotion director/maker/animator. I started out as a special fx artist and then through doing work experience at a few different commercial stopmotion houses in I learned a bit more about the art and eventually started making my own films. Stylistically I love animators like Svankmajer, The Brothers Quay and Robert Morgan as well as directors like David Conenberg, John Carpenter and David Lynch. Ive spent the last two years in production on my short stopmotion, Butterflies in my Melbourne studio. I co-wrote, directed, production designed, built puppets, props and sets and animated this film with a very small but wondrous and dedicated crew. I was lucky enough to have Nick Hilligoss doing part of the animation on the film which was an absolute joy. Not only did he do a great job but he was also a pleasure to work with:) Check out the trailer below.

Looking forward to Butterflies with much anticipation.  Welcome, and Happy New Year!

Isabel Peppard said:

Hi everyone,

Hi I guess. My name is Charlie and I'm a senior art student at a university. I've been trying to break into animation for a few years now, and I'm currently working on a stop-motion short for my senior project. I love stop-motion because it gives me a chance to use my sculpture skills and work with my hands; animating just makes a lot more sense to me when I can physically manipulate the characters.

This site has really helped me in making my movie so far. And I'm very grateful for this site and all of you on it.

Born in Bklyn NYC, spellbound by animation since age 12. Stop motion took hold of me due to kong, joe, harryhausen, allen, danforth and my hero, Marcel Delgado. I was the chatty kid in cafeteria with famous monsters, starlog, cinemagic issues to share with the oblivious, recruiting if you will, as to the magic of armatures, rear projection, mattes, etc. As much as I appreciate the full puppet films of late, I implore the integration of stop mo in live action again. Compositing has improved as has the craft of model motion. I strongly believe the LOTR trolls was Jacksons opportunity to employ this timeless artform in a high profile project as a selling point...just a thought. My dream is to establish a non profit stop motion institute of practice and preservation..S.M.I.P.P..thats another story.

Hi all...

My name is Christian Kejser Birkedal. (39 years old).
I hope to post some of my animated projects... as the evolve from my basement studio.

See you all soon.

Christian Kejser Birkedal
KEJSER animations 

Hi there, I'm new to Stopmotionanimation.com.  I've been a big fan of stop motion since a child and growing up watching Morph.  Now, myself and my partner are creating a children's stop motion programme called Pond Life, all based around the antics of a big bellied frog called Gob.

Gobthefrog channel on Youtube 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

MESSAGE BOARD CATEGORIES

STOPMO NEWBIES
basic stopmo discussion

ANIMATOR TALK
experienced animators looking to improve

CAMERA & STAGE
animation camera, lighting and moco rigs

ANIMATION TOOLS & EQUIPMENT
animation tool and rigging discussion

STOP MOTION & COMPUTERS
frame capture, editing, and post-production

STORY
script, storyboarding and storyreel discussion

SOUND
lip-sync, sound effects and music

YOUR STOPMO FILM PROJECT
discuss your stopmo film

ARMATURES
ball & socket and wire armature discussion

MACHINE SHOP
metalwork tool & talk

SCULPTING
sculpture information and advice

HAIR & COSTUME
materials, patterns and technique

CASTING
foam, silicone and resin

CLAY
clay puppet construction

GENERAL PUPPET MAKING
other puppet fabrication issues

STOP MOTION SETS
set design and construction information

MODEL DEPARTMENT
miniature prop discussion

MATTE PAINTINGS
glass matte paintings and backgrounds

GENERAL SPECIAL EFFECTS

STOP MOTION FILM DISCUSSION

FAVORITE STOP MOTION CHARACTERS

PRO ANIMATOR DISCUSSION

FILM FESTIVALS AND EVENTS

ANIMATION SCHOOLS

STOP MOTION BOOKS

STOP MOTION ON VIDEO

JOBS & PROJECTS
post here if you are looking for talent to hire

SWAP MEET
stop motion items for sale

CHAT BOARD
general discussion

SITE FEEDBACK
report bugs, comments and suggestions here

Latest Activity

Devin Pingree replied to Devin Pingree's discussion 1:6 scale props
"Thanks for the information. I'll see what I can find on eBay."
2 hours ago
StopmoNick replied to Devin Pingree's discussion 1:6 scale props
"There are quite a few things made for 12" action figures.  Especially WWII military stuff…"
16 hours ago
StopmoNick replied to Rebecca Agnew's discussion Horse Puppet Issue
"Thanks for the hair tips Rebecca!  I think I will look for mohair.  "
16 hours ago
Rebecca Agnew replied to Rebecca Agnew's discussion Horse Puppet Issue
"Thanks everyone for sharing your experiments and ideas. Time to update my methodologies- I cast it…"
20 hours ago

© 2019   Created by Anthony Scott.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

.xg_widget_forum_index_index .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_listForCategory .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_show .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;}