Use this space to tell everyone about yourself and your interest in stop motion animation.

Views: 13637

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello. 

My name is Anthony, working near London. I am a self taught (and by no means of any current talent, but I'm getting much better) claymation animator who has a background in studio photography. I am mainly interested in set and prop fabrication and lighting. Some of the new props for an animation about a failed alcoholic piano tuner called 'Clock-Piano' can be sen here. http://anthonyleigh.wordpress.com/

My main influences are Paul Berry, Henry Selik, Tim Burton, Suzie Templeton and very recently I have been shown some work by Laika by John Frame who is an incredibly talented animator and sculptor. I have fallen madly in love with this guys work.

I have also recently joined this website to try and chat with like minded animators. say hi. 

Hi all!

Chicagoland native here! I'm new to the site (of course) and here mainly to get technical info and tips as well as feedback from more experienced stop-motion animators. I've done claymation/mixed media in the past and now I'm making the dive into silicone and foam latex. My general portfolio site with bits of my new work, "Grandpa", can be seen here: http://www.lyndarollins.com . Thanks everybody!

Hi, I'm Esther, 22, from Belgium, studying animation. This year is my 3rd year, and since I specified in stop motion, I'm making my first solo project, a film of a minute and a half about a crocodile eating everything in a kitchen. It's a very ambitious work because we've only got four months to do it in. So I ended up here, looking for more technical advice.

Cheers!

Well hello!!
First off I'm really happy to have found this site!
I'm a cinematography and post student who recently got back in to stop motion.
I've always loved it, and always wanted to be an animator and somehow I found my way back!
I'm currently lead animator on a ten minute short, and in preproduction for my own baby. So I'm real busy busting out tests and creating characters.
So much great info on this site! I'll try to give back as much as I learn.
Word

Hi, I'm John Coppola the developer of Animate2D (Studio Edition) available on google play https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.coppola.animate2d...

It is a 2D cutout animation program for creating game loop character cycles for phone or tablet that can be used on the go.

It is actively developed and new features are released weekly.  please check it out and provide feedback to jc@animate2d.com.  Documentation can be found here http://animate2d.blogspot.com

Hello all,
I've been doing stop-motion for a couple years now. I was introduced to stop-motion while studying Animation at Sheridan College. I graduated in 2011, sporting my very own stop-motion thesis film, Scrap Metal:

https://vimeo.com/anthonimation/scrapmetal

Since then I've actually animated alongside Anthony Scott on Laika's recent feature ParaNorman, and afterwards I animated on Robot Chicken. I'm blessed to be working in the medium I love and I think this is a great site for both new and experienced artists to interact.

Thanks!

Hi my name is Terril Calder and I have been addicted to stop motion animation for the last 5 years:) My background is in visual art/sculpture and performance art. I love the fact you always have something new to learn with this type of animation. I love being an inventor monkey who gets to tell my wacky stories. I think I might be a lifer.

Welcome!!!
Isabel Eden said:

Hi, Izzy here. Site looks great with lots of info.

This is my first post *waves*. I am presently looking into lots and lots of research into claymation from character modelling to set building. I have illustrated many children's story's (unpublished of course) and now i am going to bring these story's to life through claymation. It's great to be here and I hope all the best to you all! *Ye ok a little OTT*!

Welcome!!

Terril Calder said:

Hi my name is Terril Calder and I have been addicted to stop motion animation for the last 5 years:) My background is in visual art/sculpture and performance art. I love the fact you always have something new to learn with this type of animation. I love being an inventor monkey who gets to tell my wacky stories. I think I might be a lifer.

Hello! I'm Inshra and I live in London. I love stop motion animation and have made some basic animation experiments that you can view here- http://blog.inshra.co.uk/

Now I'm taking it to the next level, I've been commissioned to make a stop motion animation music video- and the story is based on two spacemen out in space looking for inspiration. Pretty cool huh? Except that I haven't used professional armature, or rigging, or any of those things- this is going to seriously need some expertise, which is why I'm here. To ask you guys, all the other talented women and men out there who know about animation!

I'll be uploading some of the sketches and ideas I've got so far, soon. Just trying my luck here really. I guess it really is all about creativity, but I have a tendency to over-complicate things...probably due to a lack of wisdom about these things. So I'm hoping I get it here- from you!

Guten tag people! I make brickfilms, inspired by famous animators worldwide. They consist of action, and sometimes musical, if I ever get the need t do something different. I choose quality over quantity, making sure my videos are the best I could do! I own a Youtube channel, called LittleBigNuke44. I find making these films very fun, and my aim is to become a brickfilmer known around the internet.

Hello everyone, my name is Marvin. I went to film school and graduated in 08. I've been in art schools the majority of my life and always been very creative. I start to develop interest in stop motion around a year ago. I tried to give it a shot as soon as i got interested in it and thats when my computer and equipment got stolen. Since then i just been drawing ideas to make my next puppet and saving money to buy new equipment. I will update my page as soon as i start putting stuff together.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

MESSAGE BOARD CATEGORIES

STOPMO NEWBIES
basic stopmo discussion

ANIMATOR TALK
experienced animators looking to improve

CAMERA & STAGE
animation camera, lighting and moco rigs

ANIMATION TOOLS & EQUIPMENT
animation tool and rigging discussion

STOP MOTION & COMPUTERS
frame capture, editing, and post-production

STORY
script, storyboarding and storyreel discussion

SOUND
lip-sync, sound effects and music

YOUR STOPMO FILM PROJECT
discuss your stopmo film

ARMATURES
ball & socket and wire armature discussion

MACHINE SHOP
metalwork tool & talk

SCULPTING
sculpture information and advice

HAIR & COSTUME
materials, patterns and technique

CASTING
foam, silicone and resin

CLAY
clay puppet construction

GENERAL PUPPET MAKING
other puppet fabrication issues

STOP MOTION SETS
set design and construction information

MODEL DEPARTMENT
miniature prop discussion

MATTE PAINTINGS
glass matte paintings and backgrounds

GENERAL SPECIAL EFFECTS

STOP MOTION FILM DISCUSSION

FAVORITE STOP MOTION CHARACTERS

PRO ANIMATOR DISCUSSION

FILM FESTIVALS AND EVENTS

ANIMATION SCHOOLS

STOP MOTION BOOKS

STOP MOTION ON VIDEO

JOBS & PROJECTS
post here if you are looking for talent to hire

SWAP MEET
stop motion items for sale

CHAT BOARD
general discussion

SITE FEEDBACK
report bugs, comments and suggestions here

Latest Activity

Ethan Bartholomae replied to Pete Pipkins's discussion Canon 250D problem
"It's likely that the 250D is too new of a camera for Stop Motion Pro to support. I had the…"
14 hours ago
Pete Pipkins posted a discussion

Canon 250D problem

Hi AllI'm trying to connect a Canon EOS 250D to Stop Motion Pro Eclipse.I'm connecting via the USB…See More
16 hours ago
Ben Owora posted photos
20 hours ago
Ben Owora replied to Count Croc's discussion Materials for a stone wall
"I've often used expanded polystyrene to create rock structures of all types. You can build…"
20 hours ago

© 2019   Created by Anthony Scott.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

.xg_widget_forum_index_index .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_listForCategory .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_show .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;}