Use this space to tell everyone about yourself and your interest in stop motion animation.

Views: 9551

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey guys, I joined this site in hopes of getting put in the right direction in making stop-motion movies. Animation has been a long-time dream of mine for a long time, and this is something I've always kind of had an interest in. 

Hello everyone. My name is Jonathan Franks and I currently live in Salem New Hampshire, 45 miles from Boston Mass. I have always been interested in film, especially stop-motion. Currently I am campaigning for my second stop-motion film called Manufactured Love. It is a cross between Pleasantville, Wall-e  and Edward Scissorhands. Here is the Link to my Kickstarter page. I hope you enjoy the concept art and the direction of the piece. Anyways, I will use this site to update everyone on the process of the short. If anyone is in the Northeastern part of the country and would like to be apart of the film let me know. I can see what I can do. www.tinyurl.com/heartrobots. Thank you.

Hi just got here. my name is andre from sao paulo brazil, im a aspiring 3d modeler, currently i work as sound designer/producer and dj, but always dreamt about producing stop motion. Glad i found this amazing place to seek knowledgge and advice. Time to start studying

xD

I am really here to learn, so that I can help out my kids and the neighbour's kids.

Hello! My name is Bobby Murray and I'm a children's pastor at Victory Worship Center in Sulphur, LA. I've been doing research into various avenues of animation and am really fascinated with StopMo. I'm wanting to make fun short films for children as a teaching tool, as I'm having a difficult time finding good "Christian" entertainment for our older children. Quite honestly, they're burned out on Veggie Tales. At any rate, I'm trying to learn the nuts and bolts of animation (and become a better illustrator to boot!) Fortunately I have access to a lot of the things I'd need for StopMo, which is why I'm leaning more in this direction than the traditional animation route. I hope to make some great contacts on this site and others like it!

Hello all,
My name is Carolyn. I am a grad student at RIT working on my stop-motion thesis project. I'm hoping to find a wealth of information here to help me become a better fabricator and animator. I actually started out pursuing an illustration degree in undergrad with an eye towards working in comics or graphic novels, but one intro to animation class sparked an interest in this dynamic brand of storytelling and I was hooked like so many others. =)

Hi there, I'm Heidi from Melbourne, and I've only just discovered the brilliance of stop mo Nick.  For about a year I have had a thing about sculpture illustration and two months ago had a gallery exhibition of my work.  Everyone kept asking me why I was not turning my work into stop motion films, and I had to ask myself that question.  The answer was that I found it kind of intimidating.  I've suddenly realised that not only do I want to get into stop motion, I NEED to get into it!  So I'm here to get over my fears and get inspired by you brilliant folk.

Nice to meet you.

Welcome aboard, Heidi!

I have just started doing stop-motion animation, and have found the folks on this forum to be extremely friendly and very generous with encouragement and advice.

Heidi O'Brien said:

Hi there, I'm Heidi from Melbourne, and I've only just discovered the brilliance of stop mo Nick.  For about a year I have had a thing about sculpture illustration and two months ago had a gallery exhibition of my work.  Everyone kept asking me why I was not turning my work into stop motion films, and I had to ask myself that question.  The answer was that I found it kind of intimidating.  I've suddenly realised that not only do I want to get into stop motion, I NEED to get into it!  So I'm here to get over my fears and get inspired by you brilliant folk.

Nice to meet you.

Hello every one. My name is Carlos Meléndez, I am a filmmaker from Mexico city, I am really happy to have found this page since I have always been a big fan of animation and right now I am beggining to do some short films in stop motion, is great to share this passion with all of you. My first stop motion was for a commercial, i uploaded the comercial already, it was a lot like the music video of my morning jacket because the agency wanted it like that, but it gave me the oportunity to use the dragon for the first time. Right now I am doing a little 4 minutes horror short film with puppets. Is great to be here with all of you.

Director of Spite Your Face Productions, producers of landmark early stop-motion films for The LEGO Group, and stop-motion projects for clients including Kellogs and BBC. Currently producing a live action sci-fi short featuring sfx stop-motion elements:
http://www.indiegogo.com/yvettehorizon

Hi Tony, great to see you here after all these years! It looks like you've expanded to live action. Good to see you're still animating too.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

GUMBY FEST 2015

MESSAGE BOARD QUICK LINKS

Message Board

Uneven streets

Started by Anne Koreman in STOP MOTION SETS. Last reply by Simon Tytherleigh 22 minutes ago. 26 Replies

Hi there, I have this very specific problem with my medieval set, and was wondering if you guys had any ideas;I'm building quite a massive 1:9 scale medieval street, with cobblestones. I found a great way to create the stones using gluegun, but, I…Continue

Stop Motion Puppet Project: Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind

Started by Rayfriend_Brown in GENERAL PUPPET MAKING. Last reply by StopmoNick 8 hours ago. 14 Replies

Hi everyone!  I'd like to share with you a project I'm working on for my third year of university. I'm making stop motion puppets of Nausicaa and Kai from the japanese animation 'Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind'. Puppet fabrication for stop…Continue

Canon Rebel T5 Adapter & Lens?

Started by Ron Cole in CAMERA & STAGE. Last reply by ClaymationTrip yesterday. 39 Replies

I recently purchased a Canon Rebel T5 (not T5i) and I need to buy a Nikon lens and lens adapter for it. I thought that would be easy but I've been frustrated for days trying to figure out what to buy. All I want is a basic standard lens. (I was…Continue

Tags: Nikon, lens, adapter, T5, Rebel

A few basic questions about casting in platinum silicone

Started by Dylan Lee in NEWBIE CORNER. Last reply by Dylan Lee on Sunday. 2 Replies

Hello all,I'm just getting started with casting molds after experimenting with rubber latex for a little while. I still have a couple of things to pick up at the art supply store, but I plan in the coming days to experiment with casting a…Continue

Tags: rebound, paint, cast, silicone

Questions about a camera setup, and getting started in stop motion

Started by Porter in NEWBIE CORNER. Last reply by Porter on Sunday. 4 Replies

Hello,I just started researching stop motion animation about a week ago. I purchased a book called "The art of stop motion animation". I'm just barely researching and barely know anything about this medium yet. I want to begin practicing the medium.…Continue

Stop Motion's charm and its impact on CGI - Dissertation Idea, Would like opinions and advice from Stop-Motion fans!

Started by Cam Mitchell in ANIMATOR TALK. Last reply by Cam Mitchell on Sunday. 14 Replies

Hello everyone!I'm an animation student fom DJCAD art school in Scotland, I'm studying animation and am about to enter my 4th year... which means dissertation time!Being a big fan of stop-motion, I wanted to use it as the central theme of my…Continue

Tags: Motion, Stop

BLOGS

Create a Blog for your personal page. Go to My Page and click on Blog Posts. Access all Blog Posts here.

Photos

Loading…

Members

© 2015   Created by Anthony Scott.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

.xg_widget_forum_index_index .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_listForCategory .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_show .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;}