Use this space to tell everyone about yourself and your interest in stop motion animation.

Views: 13659

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello, 

I am have been working as a 3D artist and compositor for the past eight years and I am just getting into stop motion. I also enjoy building things and so it seems like a nice fit. 

/Randy

Hello everyone, I'm really glad I found this website, it looks really great! I came here to get some info about clay motion in particular. it has always fascinated me, and I've recently decided to try and create my own  

I'm Bernardo, Portuguese.

I'm 25 and not very good with intros...

Design, sculpting and illustration have always been major in my life, so stop-motion felt like a next step... 

Hello everyone. I've always been atrracted to film-making, animation and stop motion. From King-Kong to Rudolph to Star Wars to The Nightmare before Christmas. I had been preparing to film a short this year when suddenly I put my project on hold and decided to go in to Stop Motion.

It's wonderful to see such a great community.

Greetings! Grecodan, here, as I was, there, on the old site. Commas aside, I'm a boring ol' writer type living beneath the smogberry trees in Pasadena, California. The usual adolescent biography applies: saw the 1974 re-release of 7th Voyage of Sinbad at the glorious Capitol Theater in Yakima, Washington and have been walking with my arms scrunched up, elbows pointed back, ever since. The Harryhausen fanboy/stalker thing has kept me going for decades. Started with 8mm epics, yadda yadda yadda, college, blah blah, left the hobby behind for 30 years while forging a career at Disney Imagineering and beyond, blugga blugga blertle blet, couple of novels, (see shameless plug, below), then...back to stopmo! Finished my first film in a couple of decades this year, and am now working on a new one. Haven't quite got the hang of this here newfangled site with its fancy gewgaws and what-not, but enjoyed the old one and will eventually figure this one out.

Gosh, that was lengthy, wasn't it? I get paid by the word. (Fancy segue...) Check out some of my other words

HERE

or 

HERE

Keep pushing those puppets!

k, so it;s been a while since i've been here and it's all social media-ry and new, thought i'd better get back on the SMA.com horse.

Living in Darwin, NT, Aus and pushing puppets in the tropics means that it's no hotter outside your studio than in!

Not many animators up here so looking forward to swapping all the info i can.

Hi all,

I am a recent graduate of a media production program and am working on my M.S. in communications at the moment (very time consuming). I am currently trying to get into the world of production and hope to one day to work in animation. I have always been interested in stop-motion animation since I was very young...the adventures of Mark Twain and rudolph were some of the first stop-motion films I came across and have been fascinated ever since.  I created my first stop-motion short as an undergrad and finally have purchased some equipment and hope to start on creating some more animations very soon. This is a great site and I am sure it will help me tremendously as I learn more and more about the art of stop-motion animation. 

It's nice to have found such a dedicated website to this art form.... glad to be a part of it.

Hi all, my name's Hugo and I'm 23. I live in France where I study Cinema.
I've already done some claymation, pixilation and now I'm trying animation with armatures, latex, and stuff like that.
I found this website really useful and inspiring so keep up the good work.

Hi everyone,

My name is Miguel Alvarez. I am a freelance graphic designer www.miguelalvarez.net. I used to read a lot of the old website a few years ago. 

At the moment I am collaborating in a stop motion short story called "cerdos no son caballos" that is being created in Ribadavia, Spain. You can have a look at the blog here: http://cerdosnosoncaballos.blogspot.com.es/

I am going to move to Tempe, Arizona for a three month period starting the 8th of September until the 8th of december 2012. I would love to do animation related activities or courses, so  I would be very grateful if stopmotioners living in Arizona could point me any workshops or character creation courses.

I would love also to collaborate in any possible way to animation projects created in the Phoenix area, or even motion graphics projects. Even if they are small or there is no budget at all.

Thank you very much and keep your frames going

Kind regards

Miguel Alvarez

www.miguelalvarez.net

Really nice to read all those introductions! 

I am Marike, 29, from Holland.

I went to art school when I was 18 (same school as Bianca I believe, Bianca zat jij niet bij Elly in de klas?) with the intention to become a graphic designer, but the animation department seemed so much more fun! Stop motion was soon my favorite technique; I could build stuff, didn't have to sit behind a computer all day, make some crappy sets with loads of gaffer tape and glue to hold it all together, and this set could still look sort of decent when you put some nice lights and a camera on it. Awesome!

Right now I am working as a freelancer, mainly in Holland and sometimes in Belgium. I have to do lots of computer stuff too to pay my bills, which is fine. I would love to do more stop motion work, and less computer animation but around here that's hard. I wouldn't mind moving though, I'm just not sure yet where to and/or how to organize a thing like that.

In my spare time I work on my own projects, making short animations, trying out new ideas, building stuff out of wire.

Hello everyone, I'm Sean (Shakycow on the old site).

In my youth, I wanted to be a horror make-up creator. I spent all my free time reading behind-the-scene magazines, learning about make-up and latex, and scaring everyone I could (or being the only fully bearded 12 year old in town). Unfortunately, by the time I was finishing high school, the horror industry all but collapsed (early 90's due to over-saturation) and CG was taking over the world (most in part due to T2 and Jurassic Park). I quickly changed my focus to computer art, received a degree, and tried my luck in the world as a computer animator.

After (yet another) company I was working for went under, I decided to return to school. It was then where I was reminded how much I actually enjoy touching art. I hadn't drawn, sculpted or painted in so long and it was an amazing awakening. I knew I didn't want to ever return to sitting 12-16 hours a day in front of a computer ever again.

While I was always a fan of stop-motion work and a lover of all things animated, this was the first time I had actually considered it as a true interest and, looking back on where I came from and almost going full circle, I feel this is where I truly belong.

Now, armed with the knowledge and friendships I've acquired from this (and similar) sites, I'm hoping to find true calling and find my way into this amazing industry.

Hi All,  Just another animation addict   looking forward to this site, cheers for now.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

MESSAGE BOARD CATEGORIES

STOPMO NEWBIES
basic stopmo discussion

ANIMATOR TALK
experienced animators looking to improve

CAMERA & STAGE
animation camera, lighting and moco rigs

ANIMATION TOOLS & EQUIPMENT
animation tool and rigging discussion

STOP MOTION & COMPUTERS
frame capture, editing, and post-production

STORY
script, storyboarding and storyreel discussion

SOUND
lip-sync, sound effects and music

YOUR STOPMO FILM PROJECT
discuss your stopmo film

ARMATURES
ball & socket and wire armature discussion

MACHINE SHOP
metalwork tool & talk

SCULPTING
sculpture information and advice

HAIR & COSTUME
materials, patterns and technique

CASTING
foam, silicone and resin

CLAY
clay puppet construction

GENERAL PUPPET MAKING
other puppet fabrication issues

STOP MOTION SETS
set design and construction information

MODEL DEPARTMENT
miniature prop discussion

MATTE PAINTINGS
glass matte paintings and backgrounds

GENERAL SPECIAL EFFECTS

STOP MOTION FILM DISCUSSION

FAVORITE STOP MOTION CHARACTERS

PRO ANIMATOR DISCUSSION

FILM FESTIVALS AND EVENTS

ANIMATION SCHOOLS

STOP MOTION BOOKS

STOP MOTION ON VIDEO

JOBS & PROJECTS
post here if you are looking for talent to hire

SWAP MEET
stop motion items for sale

CHAT BOARD
general discussion

SITE FEEDBACK
report bugs, comments and suggestions here

Latest Activity

Count Croc replied to Count Croc's discussion My newest monster
"It's really more of a mandible type deal rather than a jaw."
5 hours ago
Simon Tytherleigh replied to Ben Young's discussion Armature and Casting advice for movable animal ears
"Hey, they look great! I especially like the Ox, who has bags of character. The goat-kid is nice…"
8 hours ago
Simon Tytherleigh replied to Alonso Soriano's discussion Cosclay
"This looks exciting stuff with many possibilities for stop motion."
9 hours ago
Simon Tytherleigh replied to Count Croc's discussion My newest monster
"Looks fun. How does the jaw relate to the rest of the head?"
9 hours ago

© 2019   Created by Anthony Scott.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

.xg_widget_forum_index_index .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_listForCategory .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_show .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;}