Use this space to tell everyone about yourself and your interest in stop motion animation.

Views: 13631

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't have a YouTube channel yet. Here are some examples of what I've been working on. I made all the classic mistakes with my early stuff of moving models too much. But hopefully my next one will be better.

https://vimeo.com/60133046

https://vimeo.com/62891153

working on a third right now.

Andrew C said:

What's your Youtube Matthew? I love comedy shorts and want to see what you do!

Hi there! My name is Colleen, and I have been a longtime observer on this site, but have never participated in any discussions. I have a fine arts background; I studied at Pratt Art Institute and SUNY Albany. My technical training is in classical arts, figure drawing and oil painting, but I have always been interested in learning the art of Stop Motion.  A while back, my husband and I decided that we wanted to make a Stop Motion short (which has since snowballed into something huge!), and began reading everything we could get our hands on to teach ourselves this technique. Even though we are completely self-taught, we have learned a lot and have come a long way in our animation and general film making process.

We have written the first season (8 episodes) of a Stop Motion web series and are currently working on the scripts for the 15 episodes of season 2. We have recently wrapped up pre-production and have begun to film season 1 in our homemade animation studio that has taken over my dining room.

This is a huge and exciting project for us that has already been years in the making! I have learned so much from all of you on this site and you guys have encouraged me to go for it, even though we are amateurs. I want to thank you creating this site and giving us all a place to come together to discuss and share our craft.  

Hellow all. My name is Sergey and I need you help. My near plans includ   the doll s ballet   "Lorelei's rock" ( I composed the music for it)   But I am binner in stopmotion and i can t understand what kind of pupet choose for ballet-dancer.  It is complicated and sirious project and i have a little time - 1 month.   You know, i will have to do this manually.    Thanks a lot! 

I'm an illustrator who is 1/3 part of a small design studio. I do illustration and design. 

our studio has a new project we are working on. we will be blending stop motion animation into a comic book format for e publication.

here's a sample of the the work we are going to be unveiling soon. these are art shots only so far.

Did you do these illustrations? They look really nice! If you say blending stop motion animation in a comic book format, do you mean photo's of puppets in a nice composition for printing or is there going to be actual animation?

escobahr said:

I'm an illustrator who is 1/3 part of a small design studio. I do illustration and design. 

our studio has a new project we are working on. we will be blending stop motion animation into a comic book format for e publication.

here's a sample of the the work we are going to be unveiling soon. these are art shots only so far.

both. we are going to be e publishing our comic EPIC TALES, but instead of hand drawing it, we are going to build sets and puppets stopmo style and shoot the comic panel by panel. some panels might even be animated. if the comic is popular enough we are definitely going to do some animated chapters.

and yes, those are my illustrations. thanks for the kind words man!

I like this idea a lot - and love those illustrations!  Good Luck!

thanx sir!

That artwork is awesome! Damn lol, looks like you and me have the same idea with the whole stop mo comic thing

Hello everyone,

The name is Jason and I have recently fallen in love with time-lapse and stop motion photography.  I will be adding more videos as I create them but, check out this one and let me know what you think of my newest character design.

http://vimeo.com/72790338

thanks man. I will be posting process shots.

David Geister said:

I like this idea a lot - and love those illustrations!  Good Luck!

Hello!  I am a new and self taught stop-motion video maker and have joined this site to learn new techniques and to help promote my videos.  Kill City Kids is an electro-pop band located in Vancouver, Canada and we have started creating a series of stop motion music videos for our songs.  With each video, we hope hope to improve our skills as well as integrate new skills which is why this site will be a tremendous resource for us.  Thanks everyone - for all of the tips, and for watching! 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

MESSAGE BOARD CATEGORIES

STOPMO NEWBIES
basic stopmo discussion

ANIMATOR TALK
experienced animators looking to improve

CAMERA & STAGE
animation camera, lighting and moco rigs

ANIMATION TOOLS & EQUIPMENT
animation tool and rigging discussion

STOP MOTION & COMPUTERS
frame capture, editing, and post-production

STORY
script, storyboarding and storyreel discussion

SOUND
lip-sync, sound effects and music

YOUR STOPMO FILM PROJECT
discuss your stopmo film

ARMATURES
ball & socket and wire armature discussion

MACHINE SHOP
metalwork tool & talk

SCULPTING
sculpture information and advice

HAIR & COSTUME
materials, patterns and technique

CASTING
foam, silicone and resin

CLAY
clay puppet construction

GENERAL PUPPET MAKING
other puppet fabrication issues

STOP MOTION SETS
set design and construction information

MODEL DEPARTMENT
miniature prop discussion

MATTE PAINTINGS
glass matte paintings and backgrounds

GENERAL SPECIAL EFFECTS

STOP MOTION FILM DISCUSSION

FAVORITE STOP MOTION CHARACTERS

PRO ANIMATOR DISCUSSION

FILM FESTIVALS AND EVENTS

ANIMATION SCHOOLS

STOP MOTION BOOKS

STOP MOTION ON VIDEO

JOBS & PROJECTS
post here if you are looking for talent to hire

SWAP MEET
stop motion items for sale

CHAT BOARD
general discussion

SITE FEEDBACK
report bugs, comments and suggestions here

Latest Activity

Rebecca Agnew replied to Rebecca Agnew's discussion Horse Puppet Issue
"Hi Nick, Thanks for the response, yes mine is 1/12th scale too. I used Gel 10 silicone so it was…"
2 hours ago
StopmoNick replied to Rebecca Agnew's discussion Horse Puppet Issue
"I tried a horse, in 1:6 scale to use in the background.  I cast in foam latex because it would…"
12 hours ago
Rebecca Agnew posted a discussion

Horse Puppet Issue

Hi There,I have been a long time reader but have just joined the group!I recently made a horse with…See More
13 hours ago
Devin Pingree posted a discussion

1:6 scale props

Does anyone have any suggestions on purchasing 1:6 scale props? I've found that there's much more…See More
16 hours ago

© 2019   Created by Anthony Scott.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

.xg_widget_forum_index_index .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_listForCategory .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_show .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;}