Hello everyone,

I'm looking for this set : PT785-S. ( http://www.servocity.com/html/pt785-s_pan___tilt_system.html ) It's a pan and tilt system, i will control it with an arduino.

The thing is that servocity seems to stop to sell this kit, and have a new one who is more more expensive ( because they had joystick controller, ...). But i only need the basic system.

My question is : Is there someone who know where i can have one ? If it's a second hand i'm interested too !

Or maybe, someone know a better system ? I cannot put a lot of money on it because i'm student.

I want to plug a DSLR camera on it ( about 1kg ) so maybe the SPT200 from servocity can handle it. Does someone have an experience on it ?

Thanks a lot

Views: 743

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Peter Ellis said:

Oh I see, i'll have to look into that, my cannon has the auto feature but i've been having to do it manually through dragon frame peripherals. maybe i've got it on manual instead of auto? unsure.

Cheers for the tip tho

Pete

just replied to your PM too Pete

John

I made a mistake when i ask you about the focus. I will probably let the focus on manual to prevent flickering.

My question was more about motorized the zoom for a lens (changing the focal length) ? Is it possible to do it simply ?

I should be paying you - thanks for the props!  

-Brian - eMotimo hocho guy.

John Horabin said:

I'd echo what Pete said here- I bought a TB3 too- and have driven a slider with the spare port successfully- it was used on a 4 week project for Lego  to great success, and was reliable accurate and for our purposes repeatable. I've also experimented with it to produce a few time lapse sequences, which are equally interesting , and for the stop motion addict, curiously liberating-(find scene, set time, shoot)

somehow seems too easy!

For my money, this is a great product and the best option currently for a budget pan/tilt/ track combo...I'd also agree that Brian - the emotimo head honcho- has been very forthcoming and supportive.

No, he's not paying me- I'm just saying- credit where due.

John

As follow on to the discussion and questions about servos heads - definitely not repeatable which is confusing as servos generally are position sensitive.   Hobby servos do have position feedback when they are unmodified - this comes from a built in potentiometer that gives feedback between 0 and about 270 degrees - at that point, the potentiometer has mechanical stops and can't turn anymore.   You can modify servos to remove these stops and the position feedback to make them into inexpensive gear motors.  These have great torque, decent speed, but alas, no more position feedback since the potentiometer doesn't change anymore.    So long story short - these heads are great for video, but won't give you any ability to repeat a shot or go to a specific position. 

Hope this helps and thanks for being such great customers of eMotimo!

Best regards,

Brian

Thanks you for the explanation about servo, i will definitly not take this option and look forward to buy one of your TB3 :)

Best regards,

Reply to Discussion

RSS

MESSAGE BOARD CATEGORIES

STOPMO NEWBIES
basic stopmo discussion

ANIMATOR TALK
experienced animators looking to improve

CAMERA & STAGE
animation camera, lighting and moco rigs

ANIMATION TOOLS & EQUIPMENT
animation tool and rigging discussion

STOP MOTION & COMPUTERS
frame capture, editing, and post-production

STORY
script, storyboarding and storyreel discussion

SOUND
lip-sync, sound effects and music

YOUR STOPMO FILM PROJECT
discuss your stopmo film

ARMATURES
ball & socket and wire armature discussion

MACHINE SHOP
metalwork tool & talk

SCULPTING
sculpture information and advice

HAIR & COSTUME
materials, patterns and technique

CASTING
foam, silicone and resin

CLAY
clay puppet construction

GENERAL PUPPET MAKING
other puppet fabrication issues

STOP MOTION SETS
set design and construction information

MODEL DEPARTMENT
miniature prop discussion

MATTE PAINTINGS
glass matte paintings and backgrounds

GENERAL SPECIAL EFFECTS

STOP MOTION FILM DISCUSSION

FAVORITE STOP MOTION CHARACTERS

PRO ANIMATOR DISCUSSION

FILM FESTIVALS AND EVENTS

ANIMATION SCHOOLS

STOP MOTION BOOKS

STOP MOTION ON VIDEO

JOBS & PROJECTS
post here if you are looking for talent to hire

SWAP MEET
stop motion items for sale

CHAT BOARD
general discussion

SITE FEEDBACK
report bugs, comments and suggestions here

Latest Activity

Adam Taylor replied to Geoff Clark's discussion Tragic Magic, my stop-motion film
"Great use of those projectors!  I love a good practical effect!"
3 hours ago
Adam Taylor replied to John O'Lone's discussion Legend of the Golden Fishcake- download free
"Really well done!  I enjoyed it from start to finish and obviously loved the beautiful…"
3 hours ago
Adam Taylor commented on Adam Taylor's video
Thumbnail

Vampire

"Thanks, Ed!"
9 hours ago
Tan Phat Huynh commented on Ed Riccardi's photo
Thumbnail

steve ref

"Wow, amazing, "
17 hours ago

© 2020   Created by Anthony Scott.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

.xg_widget_forum_index_index .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_listForCategory .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_show .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;}