Hey everyone,

I bought these eyes from animation toolkit and was wondering if anyone else bought it and worked out how to use them without removing the part that is at the backend of it..

Im trying to work on couple of ways to make it work but still didnt test and was hoping maybe someone else already knows how to build a skull for it or came up with a way to make it work.

Thanks!

Views: 85

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I make my own eyes from white plastic beads, so they are spheres. If I got those I would probably cut and sand the backs of them so they are perfectly round. That way they can rotate in the sockets.
For build-up heads, I use a bit of epoxy putty for the socket - I press the eyeballs into them to form the socket.I rotate the bead as it sets, so it doesn't stick. Then I paint liquid latex eyelids over the beads. When the latex is dry, I peel the latex away, and pull the bead out. Then I dust the inside with talc, and pop in the finished eyeball.
For heads cast in a mould, I have an eye bead in the clay sculpture for the eye. When I make the plaster mould, it moulds the curve of the exposed part of the eyeball. Then I remove the clay and the beads, and get the mould ready to cast in silicone or foam latex. I usually drill a small hole in the mould, where the pupil will be, so I can put a bead on that, fitted to the curve of the mould, so that when I cast the head, there will be a hollow socket formed where the bead is. I also put an armature inside the head, but it doesn't usually have eye sockets in it. Both methods can be seen at my Youtube channel.
The build-up head: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uG-ZIOXZ7w&t=32s
The cast silicone head: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fWdZnQRzB0
Thanks alot :) the videos also were really helpful for any ideas regarding building up heads.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

STOPMO JAM on Facebook

MESSAGE BOARD CATEGORIES

STOPMO NEWBIES
basic stopmo discussion

ANIMATOR TALK
experienced animators looking to improve

CAMERA & STAGE
animation camera, lighting and moco rigs

ANIMATION TOOLS & EQUIPMENT
animation tool and rigging discussion

STOP MOTION & COMPUTERS
frame capture, editing, and post-production

STORY
script, storyboarding and storyreel discussion

SOUND
lip-sync, sound effects and music

YOUR STOPMO FILM PROJECT
discuss your stopmo film

ARMATURES
ball & socket and wire armature discussion

MACHINE SHOP
metalwork tool & talk

SCULPTING
sculpture information and advice

HAIR & COSTUME
materials, patterns and technique

CASTING
foam, silicone and resin

CLAY
clay puppet construction

GENERAL PUPPET MAKING
other puppet fabrication issues

STOP MOTION SETS
set design and construction information

MODEL DEPARTMENT
miniature prop discussion

MATTE PAINTINGS
glass matte paintings and backgrounds

GENERAL SPECIAL EFFECTS

STOP MOTION FILM DISCUSSION

FAVORITE STOP MOTION CHARACTERS

PRO ANIMATOR DISCUSSION

FILM FESTIVALS AND EVENTS

ANIMATION SCHOOLS

STOP MOTION BOOKS

STOP MOTION ON VIDEO

JOBS & PROJECTS
post here if you are looking for talent to hire

SWAP MEET
stop motion items for sale

CHAT BOARD
general discussion

SITE FEEDBACK
report bugs, comments and suggestions here

SPAM ALERT!

StopMotionAnimation.com has been hit hard by spammers lately. They have been creating several fake accounts every day, contacting and harassing members and posting suspicious content. If you see anything suspicious, don't click on any links, instead, send me their User Name. I will suspend them. 

Questions & Feedback
Report Spam or Abuse

© 2017   Created by Anthony Scott.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

.xg_widget_forum_index_index .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_listForCategory .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_show .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;}