I'm taking on another project to build a stop motion puppet for a new film called 'Faceless Neil'. The film's creator (Noella Borie) is funding the project privately and it will be completed with at least the budget it currently has... but in addition to that, she has started a Kickstarter campaign to raise some 'quality control cash' to hopefully give the production some financial breathing room.

The film involves a set of characters that Noella has already produced quite a bit of preparation work for, including a 2D animated film and another stop motion film with so... this girl is SERIOUS! When you visit the Kickstarter page you'll be able to see lots of the preproduction work she's accomplished for the production already.

Due to the fact that I'm already committed to working on another film (Legend of the Golden Fishcake) I couldn't commit to making both of the two character puppets I was requested to make so, I've also enlisted an old friend - Sal Denaro to make the other one and I'm sure he'll do a great job.

So there's no point in me blathering on about it in this post, when I can just give you the link and you can read, see and watch lots about it for yourself!  - http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1294422513/faceless-neil

Tags: Borie, Cole, Denaro, Faceless, Kickstarter, Neil, Noella, Ron, Sal, heads, More…replacement, silicone

Views: 425

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here's quick interview with me and the film's creator Noella Borie... http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1294422513/faceless-neil/posts/...

Great vid, Ron. I love her accent 

I just put some cash in the pot. It's a shame I don't live in the US - all these kickstarter projects are killing me in international shipping fees.

It's funny you should mention her accent because after we shot the video, she told me she worried about her accent and how people might not be able to understand her clearly... I laughed and told her I thought the opposite, to many it's a selling point!

Thanks so much for the contribution! Noella really wants for me to be the one to build the set but, I've had to swear off low/no-pay jobs at this point so, the Kickstarter campaign really is the only way that's going to be possible. ALMOST THERE!!!

Well no here's a shocker... not only did the Kickstarte pitch for 'Faceless Neil' meet it's original budget goal but it has now blown the doors off surpassing it! The original goal was $6,500 but we now have well over $8,000 in supporter backing!!!

Noella has made a big decision to see how far we can push this and had increased the asking bid to be bumped up to $10,000 and part of her reasoning is because she wants to bring me in as an animator on the film.

This whole project sort of came out of nowhere for me and now it seems to be ballooning into something really cool that I didn't expect to be this good! Here's a link to Noella's latest video update about the project...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lP1nUxueozI

First publicly available photo of the finished puppet! The lighting in this pic is poor and there are actually a lot more colors to the body but, I don't wanna publish any photos that haven't been blessed by the films creator.

I just saw this update on Kickstarter - Manny's looking great!  There was a shot there of all the replacement heads lined up, as well.

Here's a much clearer photo of the replacement heads I made that what was posted on the Kickstarter site...

i'm very impressed! wonderfull work!

looks like there are not much difference in the head 's expressions?

I thought the same thing about this photo! But they actually are quite different. What makes it appear that way is just the front row of heads which are the most similar out of all of them. Look carefully at the 2nd and 3rd rows... the 2nd row is forming an "O" sound  and the 3rd row has the mouth going from closed to completely open. It's just hard to see the variations because the mouths are behind the tops of the heads.

Also, the front of the face with the teeth doesn't change. The differences are in the sides of the mouth, which we don't see from this angle, and in the cheeks.
Great job of matching them all so we won't be able to pick that the heads are being replaced.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

MESSAGE BOARD QUICK LINKS

Message Board

Drilling Technique

Started by Ibrahim Ali Albuainain in CAMERA & STAGE. Last reply by Strider 3 hours ago. 3 Replies

Hello everyone,I am working on a stop motion project and I will be making an old village set with a flooring made out of a layer of plaster. I am afraid when we drill some holes during filming the plaster cracks and comes off the wooden base. Is…Continue

Live Chat On AnimateClay.com Reminder

Started by Ron Cole in ANIMATOR TALK. Last reply by Ron Cole 6 hours ago. 228 Replies

Don't forget, on WEDNESDAYS (Thursdays on the first week of each month)  there's a…Continue

Glass cups, bottles, etc.

Started by Savannah Winchester in MODEL DEPARTMENT. Last reply by Savannah Winchester 16 hours ago. 5 Replies

Hey All,I've been working on a set for a kitchen and would like to include some glass and/or plastic items - glasses, soap bottles, etc.I've been working with sculpey, epoxy, and wood for most of the other appliances and dish wear but haven't…Continue

Tags: props, kitchen, cups, plastic, glass

Best Setting For Video Rendering ?

Started by Jay Lemuel in STOP MOTION & COMPUTERS. Last reply by Jay Lemuel yesterday. 2 Replies

So I am currently working on my first stop motion project. I did a test shoot .I only shot about 12-18 frames per second.All went well. But I'm having trouble in video rendering.I'm using Sony Vegas Pro 12.0 and currently can't tether my camera for…Continue

Tags: Video, Rendering, ?, For, Setting

Maintaining Quality - Dragonframe / Premiere / After Effects

Started by Suraya in STOP MOTION & COMPUTERS. Last reply by stephen dirkes yesterday. 18 Replies

Hi,I have been shooting some stop-motion in Dragonframe. I wanted to work with the RAW files to keep it as high quality as possible. I will need to do some rig removal in After Effects CS5, and I was planning to edit in premiere pro CS5.I have been…Continue

Please Introduce Yourself

Started by Anthony Scott in CHAT BOARD. Last reply by Owen Flanigan on Monday. 411 Replies

Use this space to tell everyone about yourself and your interest in stop motion animation.Continue

Photos

Loading…

Events

BLOGS

Create a Blog for your personal page. Go to My Page and click on Blog Posts. Access all Blog Posts here.

Members

© 2014   Created by Anthony Scott.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

.xg_widget_forum_index_index .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_listForCategory .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_show .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;}