Good day,

I am looking for help in operating Dragon Frame 4 in my studio north of Toronto Ontario.  I am ready to start shooting an short film, but am very worried about the frame grabbing side of this project.  I know absolutely nothing about how to organize my stills within the program, how to export them in the proper file type, what the best settings would be within Dragon Frame for capture/exporting...I don't even know what I don't know!

I am, however, willing to pay to have someone on site to help me get up an running.  I own an outdoor advertising company , which will be funding this project.  If you live anywhere near Toronto or surround area, and are willing to help I am offering $30 hr + travel expenses and food allowance.  If you have already have a studio, I am willing to travel to you to learn this software.

Thanks in advance and continued success to all of this discussion board, what a great resource!

Adam

Views: 46

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I can't help in person as I am in Australia.  But the frame grabbing should not be that difficult. Dragonframe will organise the stills for you.  If you shoot Raw it will create a folder for your Raw images and another for Jpegs.  If you shoot high quality jpegs it will just make a folder for those.  There is also a folder for the video assist frames that you see while you animate.  Raw is best for your original images, it allows much bigger corrections in colour and brightness.

I don't export from Dragonframe, I open another program and import them.   If you use After Effects or Photoshop they convert Raw images to something they can work with.  Then After Effects can export in a movie format that your editing program works with.  I mostly use Apple Pro-Res  Quicktime .mov format.   I edit in Final Cut Pro or DaVinci Resolve.

Hope you find someone who can help at your studio or theirs. I find software can be difficult at first, once you know it you forget how hard it was to find some things you use all the time. Someone who knows it can save you a week of looking for some function that's tucked away.  But if there is no-one close by, people on this board can probably help with specific questions if you get stuck.  There are also some video tutorials online for using Dragonframe and the people in their forum are helpful.  

try..

support@dragonframe.com

they always helpful, and quick to reply.. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

MESSAGE BOARD CATEGORIES

STOPMO NEWBIES
basic stopmo discussion

ANIMATOR TALK
experienced animators looking to improve

CAMERA & STAGE
animation camera, lighting and moco rigs

ANIMATION TOOLS & EQUIPMENT
animation tool and rigging discussion

STOP MOTION & COMPUTERS
frame capture, editing, and post-production

STORY
script, storyboarding and storyreel discussion

SOUND
lip-sync, sound effects and music

YOUR STOPMO FILM PROJECT
discuss your stopmo film

ARMATURES
ball & socket and wire armature discussion

MACHINE SHOP
metalwork tool & talk

SCULPTING
sculpture information and advice

HAIR & COSTUME
materials, patterns and technique

CASTING
foam, silicone and resin

CLAY
clay puppet construction

GENERAL PUPPET MAKING
other puppet fabrication issues

STOP MOTION SETS
set design and construction information

MODEL DEPARTMENT
miniature prop discussion

MATTE PAINTINGS
glass matte paintings and backgrounds

GENERAL SPECIAL EFFECTS

STOP MOTION FILM DISCUSSION

FAVORITE STOP MOTION CHARACTERS

PRO ANIMATOR DISCUSSION

FILM FESTIVALS AND EVENTS

ANIMATION SCHOOLS

STOP MOTION BOOKS

STOP MOTION ON VIDEO

JOBS & PROJECTS
post here if you are looking for talent to hire

SWAP MEET
stop motion items for sale

CHAT BOARD
general discussion

SITE FEEDBACK
report bugs, comments and suggestions here

Latest Activity

Onanhon posted a blog post

Attain Increased Source Of Information With Mmogah

At present, the market of internet gaming is increasing at an unbelievable rate. There are many…See More
20 hours ago
maru updated their profile
Saturday
shopwigs posted a blog post

Still others simply use wigs

Natural products have few if any side effects and are less expensive than other treatments. Still…See More
Saturday
Scott DaRos posted a video
Saturday

© 2020   Created by Anthony Scott.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

.xg_widget_forum_index_index .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_listForCategory .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_show .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;}