Hi Everybody

I'm a glass artist and always loved animation and comics (my graduation project was a glass comics). Anyway, I've made some funky glass objects that I want to animate; I just want a very simple animation – for example, a red glass car moving on a glass road. So toady I made my first experiment:  I took photos with my digital camera (I used tripod), the photos turned out good, I imported them into windows movie maker and, made a movie, saved it and,… the result didn't turn out sharp:-( it looks a bit blurry (not horrible, but still…), though the photos are sharp and consistent –the light and position of things don't change from photo to photo.

Is it a typical phenomenon? Do I need to use some other software (not WMM)? Or is there something else that might be causing this problem?i

Thank you all

Views: 407

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What export settings did you use?  You may just have exported to a lower resolution.

THanks, that was fast! I'm so ignorant that I don't have a clue what export setting I used - I mean - I exported my photos from my camera to my computer and on WMM I just picked the option "import photos"...... Never thought that I should control the process. How do I do it right, then?

Thank!

Unfortunately, I have no experience with recent editions of WMM.  Have you looked at the help files to see if they elucidate the export settings?

Didn't find anything about it yet, Are there any other free software that might solve this issue?

There really aren't any good free editing suites out there, but it sounds like you just need to convert an image sequence to video -- there's a better chance of finding some free software that just does that conversion.  You'll still need to learn to use the export settings of any other program out there, though :P

Sorry I don't have any particular free software to recommend, maybe someone else on the board does.  Good luck in your search!

Thank you for your answers! you understood exactly what I need. So - a free software that can convert an image sequence to video, anyone?

Not quite free ($30 in the US), but QuickTime Pro 7 will Import Image Sequence, and output it as a QT movie, or probably several other formats. It's what I use on PC as well as on Mac. For a high quality master copy I export it in uncompressed format, for posting on the web I make an H264 version in medium to high quality.
I never use WMM for anything, ever, the earlier version I tried once was too crappy.

For a detailed explanation of how to do it, check this thread: http://www.stopmotionanimation.com/forum/topics/converter-for-nikon...

Thank you so much, guys! 30$ is almost free, I just didn't want to spend hundreds of dollars:-) I'm going to download it  today... can"t wait to make my glass movie!

If your images are good, then the problem is with Windows Movie Maker. There is a good video editor that is free. When I say good, it is good at certain things. Just depends on what you need to do. If you have a folder full of stop motion images that you want to encode to a video, then Avidemux is just for you.

For a Windows version of Avidemux, the download page is here: http://avidemux.sourceforge.net/

Here are the steps to use it:
Select "File" "Open" and then select the first image in the directory. Avidemux will automatically load the rest. Under "Video" select "MPEG-4 AVD" and under  'Format' select "mp4". This will encode the videos with the h264 encoder which will give you the best quality and smallest video file size. Under "Filters" select "Resize". I like to resize to 1920x1080. To upload to YouTube, you might want 1280x720. Select Resample FPS and set the frame rate. You might want this to be '15' or '24'. Then, click 'File' and 'Save' and 'Save video'.  That is it! It is just that simple! You will get a video much better than what you will get with Windows Movie Maker.

First thing I thought.

Thomas Nicol said:

What export settings did you use?  You may just have exported to a lower resolution.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

MESSAGE BOARD CATEGORIES

STOPMO NEWBIES
basic stopmo discussion

ANIMATOR TALK
experienced animators looking to improve

CAMERA & STAGE
animation camera, lighting and moco rigs

ANIMATION TOOLS & EQUIPMENT
animation tool and rigging discussion

STOP MOTION & COMPUTERS
frame capture, editing, and post-production

STORY
script, storyboarding and storyreel discussion

SOUND
lip-sync, sound effects and music

YOUR STOPMO FILM PROJECT
discuss your stopmo film

ARMATURES
ball & socket and wire armature discussion

MACHINE SHOP
metalwork tool & talk

SCULPTING
sculpture information and advice

HAIR & COSTUME
materials, patterns and technique

CASTING
foam, silicone and resin

CLAY
clay puppet construction

GENERAL PUPPET MAKING
other puppet fabrication issues

STOP MOTION SETS
set design and construction information

MODEL DEPARTMENT
miniature prop discussion

MATTE PAINTINGS
glass matte paintings and backgrounds

GENERAL SPECIAL EFFECTS

STOP MOTION FILM DISCUSSION

FAVORITE STOP MOTION CHARACTERS

PRO ANIMATOR DISCUSSION

FILM FESTIVALS AND EVENTS

ANIMATION SCHOOLS

STOP MOTION BOOKS

STOP MOTION ON VIDEO

JOBS & PROJECTS
post here if you are looking for talent to hire

SWAP MEET
stop motion items for sale

CHAT BOARD
general discussion

SITE FEEDBACK
report bugs, comments and suggestions here

Latest Activity

Mozen posted a discussion
7 hours ago
Ethan Bartholomae replied to Matthew Bradley's discussion Silicone painting with 'Tinsil Gel 10'.
"If you do search out silicone caulk to use be careful of the type that you get, there's…"
22 hours ago
Simon Tytherleigh posted a discussion

Testing the 3D printable winders

Here is a quick video I made to compare two winders, one with an all-metal rack and the other which…See More
yesterday
StopmoNick replied to Matthew Bradley's discussion Silicone painting with 'Tinsil Gel 10'.
"The main advantage of tin silicone is that (I believe) it can be cast over latex.  So you can…"
yesterday

© 2020   Created by Anthony Scott.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

.xg_widget_forum_index_index .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_listForCategory .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_show .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;}