http://vimeo.com/79128438

Hello all you fine stop motion people out there! I've finished my film and just put it online. It's 4 minutes long, so if you have the time to watch it please do.  I hope that you all enjoy it! :D

The production started in 2009 and I've been working on it whenever I had free time. However, any of you that were on this message board back in 2004 might remember this.  I actually had started a MUCH scaled down version of this story concept back then and I posted some threads with puppets and some prop pieces on the old message board.  Unfortunately all of those posts and pictures are gone (it would be fun to compare), but the idea now lives on in a much better way! 

Views: 521

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

FANTASTIC WORK JASON!!!

so was the bus a still image?

cc

Thanks Chris!  Yes, the bus is a still image.  It was sometimes practical and sometimes completely digital. The first time it was a print out that I spray mounted to foam core. The other 2 shots it was added digitally for 2 reasons: The print out was the wrong size for the scale of one shot and then the 3/4 angle needed to be a different still image and it was just 'easier' to shoot it without the bus in the frame.  :)

its really seamless!! i had to freeze frame it to figure out what was going on...hahaha great work!

cc

:)  There's actually a LOT of elements that were done in post.  Each individual dollar bill was animated by itself in front of a red screen and added in later.  Also, every time when JP is at 'the wall' and you see the building behind him, that building was added later. Those were all green screen shots to save on physical space.  In the long run though, it would have been less work to shoot it live. :)

I never noticed that the bus was a still image.  Or any of the other post elements.  I just went with the story!  If I had thought about it I would have realised the dollar bills were comped in -  best way to do it - but never would have thought that you would have added the wall in later. 

Well defined characters, congrats to your voice actors as well for their part in making them real.

Great work, Jason! Very professional.

Thanks so much guys!  Nick and Eric, I'm glad you see it for what it is as a whole and not the technical stuff. The STORY and CHARACTERS are the whole point of making a film! ;)  

I'll let the actors know you liked their performances.  In fact, Josh enhanced this film with some ad libbing. Some of Juan Pablo's best lines came out during the recording and not on the script - it was very hard not to laugh at some of it.

do you mind if i upload to stopmoshorts? great work should be shared :)
Nice job. Solid animation.

Nice job

Eric, of course you can put it up on SMS!  It's probably easier to embed the video than to upload directly. If you just click on 'share' on vimeo it will give you the code to embed the video on the site.  This also makes it easy if I have to take the video offline for a few days at some point for a festival or something.  :-/

...also, I just noticed that since I updated my website to wordpress (last week) the link on SMS gets a 404 error. Mind changing it to just mindoverpixels.com ?

Nice work Jason! Keep it up.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

MESSAGE BOARD CATEGORIES

STOPMO NEWBIES
basic stopmo discussion

ANIMATOR TALK
experienced animators looking to improve

CAMERA & STAGE
animation camera, lighting and moco rigs

ANIMATION TOOLS & EQUIPMENT
animation tool and rigging discussion

STOP MOTION & COMPUTERS
frame capture, editing, and post-production

STORY
script, storyboarding and storyreel discussion

SOUND
lip-sync, sound effects and music

YOUR STOPMO FILM PROJECT
discuss your stopmo film

ARMATURES
ball & socket and wire armature discussion

MACHINE SHOP
metalwork tool & talk

SCULPTING
sculpture information and advice

HAIR & COSTUME
materials, patterns and technique

CASTING
foam, silicone and resin

CLAY
clay puppet construction

GENERAL PUPPET MAKING
other puppet fabrication issues

STOP MOTION SETS
set design and construction information

MODEL DEPARTMENT
miniature prop discussion

MATTE PAINTINGS
glass matte paintings and backgrounds

GENERAL SPECIAL EFFECTS

STOP MOTION FILM DISCUSSION

FAVORITE STOP MOTION CHARACTERS

PRO ANIMATOR DISCUSSION

FILM FESTIVALS AND EVENTS

ANIMATION SCHOOLS

STOP MOTION BOOKS

STOP MOTION ON VIDEO

JOBS & PROJECTS
post here if you are looking for talent to hire

SWAP MEET
stop motion items for sale

CHAT BOARD
general discussion

SITE FEEDBACK
report bugs, comments and suggestions here

Latest Activity

Anthony Scott's discussion was featured

Ask Me Anything

Hi Animators,After a 5 year hiatus from feature film work, I have just recently gotten back into…See More
35 minutes ago
Anthony Scott posted a discussion

Ask Me Anything

Hi Animators,After a 5 year hiatus from feature film work, I have just recently gotten back into…See More
36 minutes ago
Count Croc replied to A film by Adam Ciolfi's discussion FILTH - a film by Adam Ciolfi
"Cool! This reminds me of Phil Tippett's Mad God except you actually know what's going on."
yesterday
A film by Adam Ciolfi posted a discussion
Saturday

© 2019   Created by Anthony Scott.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

.xg_widget_forum_index_index .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_listForCategory .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_show .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;}