Hello! We would like to share our progress on our short film Monsterous Murders with you. We successfully gained funding for this film through Kickstarter giving us the opportunity to start trying new things to increase the production value of our film.
Finished still from Monsterous Murders
The Street Set
We used Silicone for the first time to make the heads and hands of our puppets. We followed StopmoNick's tutorial for this as best as we could. It took us a few attempts but we got there in the end.
We are really pleased with how they turned out. The hands are the best that we have made so far, we used to use tights wrapped around wadding and this didn't look very realistic.
For the heads we normally use Sculpey, we still think this is a good option if you only need to animate the eyes. As Silicone is so malleable it makes it possible to animate facial features and you can easily add hair directly into the sculpt.
For the lighting we used various gels, gobos, blackwrap and reflectors such as tin foil to create the atmosphere we were after and to give it a lot more depth.
Here are some links for where you can find more in depth updates and photos for Monsterous Murders.
Kickstarter Project Updates - Production updates
Facebook Page - Production photo updates and other news
Our Website - Our featured films
Sarah & Sarah