Last month I made and animated a Triclops, and helped Alex Machin make and animate the Mantis monster, for this trailer which is now posted on their website and on Youtube.  I didn't have anything to do with the rest of it, the live action and compositing and general air of Sleaze-O-Rama!  Alex and I did a short fight sequence, and a bit of victim munching with our characters, shot against greenscreen.  Someone else, I don't know who, did some more fight shots with clay puppets, and it's all intercut together.

I also animated the logo monster at the end, but didn't make the puppet - the maker had to pull out to deal with a family issue at the last minute.  He never done a stop motion puppet before and movement was limited, with nowhere near enough wire to overcome the pull of the latex, but the sculpting and casting were good.   I put it on a rig, since it couldn't stand up and had no tiedowns.  

Anyway, if this is your sort of thing, enjoy!

Our shots were graded down so dark for the night scene you can't really see the splatter of gore when the mantis head gets smashed... oh well.

Views: 267

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ha, the scenes with the scantily clad young ladies remind me of any Friday night in the town centre.

It was a treat to watch your beast fighting the Mantis. I remember seeing a post mentioning that it was coming a while ago. Fantastic to see it in action. Great job on the people chomping too. I loved it:)

Excellent atmosphere -- well done, everyone involved!
The mantis combat scenes, and ones where monsters are popping people in their mouth are my favourites. :)

Cheers,
Damien

That was awesome.

How can you not love this?? Stellar, stand-out work by Nick as usual.

I was referring in general to anyone who might not think too highly of the content.

David Tomasiewicz said:

I said I loved it. Why wouldn't I?

Richard Svensson said:

How can you not love this?? Stellar, stand-out work by Nick as usual.

Oh wow - I remember seeing this thread recently but somehow I missed that it was yours Nick!! Excellent!! Can't believe you just cranked it out like that so fast!! (your parts I mean)

Very nice work! And a lot of fun, especially seeing the cavewomen running around in a modern city impaling people with spears!! Made me chuckle. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

MESSAGE BOARD CATEGORIES

STOPMO NEWBIES
basic stopmo discussion

ANIMATOR TALK
experienced animators looking to improve

CAMERA & STAGE
animation camera, lighting and moco rigs

ANIMATION TOOLS & EQUIPMENT
animation tool and rigging discussion

STOP MOTION & COMPUTERS
frame capture, editing, and post-production

STORY
script, storyboarding and storyreel discussion

SOUND
lip-sync, sound effects and music

YOUR STOPMO FILM PROJECT
discuss your stopmo film

ARMATURES
ball & socket and wire armature discussion

MACHINE SHOP
metalwork tool & talk

SCULPTING
sculpture information and advice

HAIR & COSTUME
materials, patterns and technique

CASTING
foam, silicone and resin

CLAY
clay puppet construction

GENERAL PUPPET MAKING
other puppet fabrication issues

STOP MOTION SETS
set design and construction information

MODEL DEPARTMENT
miniature prop discussion

MATTE PAINTINGS
glass matte paintings and backgrounds

GENERAL SPECIAL EFFECTS

STOP MOTION FILM DISCUSSION

FAVORITE STOP MOTION CHARACTERS

PRO ANIMATOR DISCUSSION

FILM FESTIVALS AND EVENTS

ANIMATION SCHOOLS

STOP MOTION BOOKS

STOP MOTION ON VIDEO

JOBS & PROJECTS
post here if you are looking for talent to hire

SWAP MEET
stop motion items for sale

CHAT BOARD
general discussion

SITE FEEDBACK
report bugs, comments and suggestions here

Latest Activity

Max Bridge replied to Max Bridge's discussion Dragonframe real-time recording
"Hey Doug,  Thanks for the tip on Mantis.  I've been chatting with Gerald at BFG for…"
38 minutes ago
StopmoNick replied to Shigeru Okada's discussion fixing the puppet with screws
"Yes, I show how I make them in this video:"
1 hour ago
Mad Doug K replied to Max Bridge's discussion Dragonframe real-time recording
"Hey Max, I have not been here for awhile but, yes there are alternatives to the pricey DMC16 box DF…"
14 hours ago
Shigeru Okada replied to Shigeru Okada's discussion fixing the puppet with screws
"Thanks for your comment.It's also a smart way to make holes before animating.I've never…"
21 hours ago

© 2020   Created by Anthony Scott.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

.xg_widget_forum_index_index .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_listForCategory .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_show .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;}