Views: 742

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Recently received an email from them saying they anticipate a Feb/Mar delivery date. as they have added to it and redesigned some of it and so on.

I recieved that as well. I can't wait; the first two volumes, 2&3, are incredible.

I agree with their thinking on this.   After Ray's own 3 books came out, they weren't first to publish, but they went into his films in more detail.  After all the work they put into the first two volumes it would make no sense to rush the third one just to meet a Christmas deadline.   I guess I can wait 2 or 3 more months for my copy of Vol 1 to ship.

This is just off to the printers and they estimate a June delivery. From the new preview material it is going to be an incredible work and I am so glad I already bought my copy.

BThom said:

This is just off to the printers and they estimate a June delivery. From the new preview material it is going to be an incredible work and I am so glad I already bought my copy.

Better be, after the wait. Grumble grumble...fanboy muttering...grumble...

Man I can't wait: the first two are epic!

Daniel, are you a bit of a stargazer on the side? A week or so ago, I was reading an article (I think, by Phil Plait - The Bad Astronomer) on some website, and noticed the top/first comment was by somebody with your psychiatrist character for an avatar. I can't imagine it being anybody but you.

It made me do a bit of a double-take and scratch of the head. Wondered where I was for a moment. 

Sorry for being off-topic.

Oh, dear, now I'm afraid you've gone and blown my cover. Tch tch. Let me just make a phone call. Pay no attention to that helicopter buzzing over your house...

Yes, I am indeed, Kuhnigget, annoying thorn in the side of UFO nuts and other wags. I've been an amateur astronomer even longer than I've been a fan of stop motion. I enjoy Dr. Plait's Bad Astronomy blog, as well as his books. 

Beyond Craft said:

Daniel, are you a bit of a stargazer on the side? A week or so ago, I was reading an article (I think, by Phil Plait - The Bad Astronomer) on some website, and noticed the top/first comment was by somebody with your psychiatrist character for an avatar. I can't imagine it being anybody but you.

It made me do a bit of a double-take and scratch of the head. Wondered where I was for a moment. 

Sorry for being off-topic.

I realized that I haven't been keeping things up to date on this forum-- sorry 'bout that. The enthusiasm expressed in these postings for Majicks Vol. 1 is much appreciated.

I new interview with Yours Truly has been published in the eNewsletter Scoop put out by Diamond Comics. Basically an update on Majicks Vol. 1 with some background on the making of the books.

You can check it out by clicking the logo:
Also now on Facebook and Twitter, where I will try to post regular status updates.

Our website has been updated recently with a new trailer, slideshow, and gallery of sample layouts of Majicks Vol. 1. Click on: Archive Editions

The book is finally at the printer after some technical issues, as well as continuing to add new material up to the last minute (several times over). Hopefully the book is better than ever and will prove worth the wait.

Thanks to everyone for your patience and support!

Received my copy two days ago ... I am so jazzed.

Suspect others will start receiving them if not already.

I so wanted this to come while I'm recovering from foot surgery.

YES!

...   jbd

Yeah, I was pleased to find a lot of material I hadn't seen before. I wasn't expecting that. 

It's definitely skimpier than the other volumes, but that was to be expected. I'm glad he had the chance to add the final tribute at the end, too. 

Mine shipped on 5 November  - will take a while to reach Australia.   I emailed Ernie after I noticed it said they were sold out on the site, just to be sure they hadn't lost my order, and he told me they were just about to ship.  

Reply to Discussion

RSS

STOPMO JAM on Facebook

BLOGS

Create a Blog for your personal page. Go to My Page and click on Blog Posts. Access all Blog Posts here.

MESSAGE BOARD CATEGORIES

STOPMO NEWBIES
basic stopmo discussion

ANIMATOR TALK
experienced animators looking to improve

CAMERA & STAGE
animation camera, lighting and moco rigs

ANIMATION TOOLS & EQUIPMENT
animation tool and rigging discussion

STOP MOTION & COMPUTERS
frame capture, editing, and post-production

STORY
script, storyboarding and storyreel discussion

SOUND
lip-sync, sound effects and music

YOUR STOPMO FILM PROJECT
discuss your stopmo film

ARMATURES
ball & socket and wire armature discussion

MACHINE SHOP
metalwork tool & talk

SCULPTING
sculpture information and advice

HAIR & COSTUME
materials, patterns and technique

CASTING
foam, silicone and resin

CLAY
clay puppet construction

GENERAL PUPPET MAKING
other puppet fabrication issues

STOP MOTION SETS
set design and construction information

MODEL DEPARTMENT
miniature prop discussion

MATTE PAINTINGS
glass matte paintings and backgrounds

GENERAL SPECIAL EFFECTS

STOP MOTION FILM DISCUSSION

FAVORITE STOP MOTION CHARACTERS

PRO ANIMATOR DISCUSSION

FILM FESTIVALS AND EVENTS

ANIMATION SCHOOLS

STOP MOTION BOOKS

STOP MOTION ON VIDEO

JOBS & PROJECTS
post here if you are looking for talent to hire

SWAP MEET
stop motion items for sale

CHAT BOARD
general discussion

SITE FEEDBACK
report bugs, comments and suggestions here

SPAM ALERT!

StopMotionAnimation.com has been hit hard by spammers lately. They have been creating several fake accounts every day, contacting and harassing members and posting suspicious content. If you see anything suspicious, don't click on any links, instead, send me their User Name. I will suspend them. 

Questions & Feedback
Report Spam or Abuse

© 2017   Created by Anthony Scott.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

.xg_widget_forum_index_index .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_listForCategory .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_show .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;}