Don't forget, on WEDNESDAYS (Thursdays on the first week of each month)  there's a new episode of LIVE CHAT hosted by Marc Spess on at 8pm Central time. Set you computer's alarm so ya don't forget!

Here's a link to the live show page... Click Here!

Views: 4698

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I can't access any of the videos in the library either. I just get this screen with the loading circle spinning for ever and ever, trying to hypnotise me 

I think this obviously has something to do with all the work they've done on the site recently. Odd how these problems cropped up right in the middle of the show tonight.  

It seems to work for me as a viewer where I live. If there was a way for me to create live shows on my own server without a high cost it would be great.

Worked the same for me - first the chat box was disconnected and I couldn't post, but Marc's voice and the video kept playing.  Then I tried to refresh, and lost that as well.   Same little hypnotic spinning clock thingy....   I never did get back on.

Don't think it's ads - I seem to get local ads popping up, not the same as you would get in the US.  But there was no ad playing at the time it disconnected anyway.  It could be that thin frayed corroded copper wire under the sea that connects all Australian internet to the rest of the world, the one that was recycled from an old bicycle headlight wire that was found at the dump in 1953 I guess...

Oh well, I know the new time now - same time for you Marc, but for me it changes 4 times a year as we go into daylight saving, then you go out, then we go out, then you go in...  I thought I'd missed the whole show anyway,  didn't know the latest change had occurred.  Then I found it hadn't been on for long.   So it wasn't a total loss, now I'm set for next week.

By the way - how about putting the time for Sydney, not Perth?  Perth on the west coast, 3 or 4 hours different, and even that varies because they don't do daylight saving and we do.  But Sydney and Melbourne are in the Eastern zone like 90% of Australians, and 100% of those here who might turn up for the live show.      

You know what would be handy - a countdown clock to the show start time I think I suggested it before. It's possible it was an expensive, unnecessary add-on. 

Ah, I have an idea on how to add a timer, let me fiddle around a bit tonight and I'll post the result here for some feedback.

I've added a timer (it's free) and allegedly works across time zones properly. I used a wrapper to wrap the custom HTML into the site which doesn't accept iframes. So it isn't fancy, but if you guys can let me know if it works where you live properly then it will be a permanent part of the site.

http://www.animateclay.com/index.php/live-show/countdown-timer

Alright, I found a new and compatible countdown timer for only 7 bucks that is nicer and able to integrate better into the site. I plopped it on our front page here: http://www.animateclay.com/

What do you guys think is the best? A link to the timer or on the front page, or both on the front page and as a link?

I like the countdown there on the front page.

Timer works a treat, and looks great!

I can also view the videos and chat box today. Really don't know what was going on yesterday. Hopefully it stays this way for 6 days, 12 hours, 46 minutes and 30 seconds  (And beyond).

Ok, so the front page may be the best place to keep it. But I might add a page for the countdown and link to it from our newsletter too. Hopefully it will end any confusion for everyone. Now if only Livestream would stop acting up...

Bit of a late reminder that there is another Live Show in 21 minutes and 17 seconds 

Hopefully there will be no gremlins this week.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

MESSAGE BOARD CATEGORIES

STOPMO NEWBIES
basic stopmo discussion

ANIMATOR TALK
experienced animators looking to improve

CAMERA & STAGE
animation camera, lighting and moco rigs

ANIMATION TOOLS & EQUIPMENT
animation tool and rigging discussion

STOP MOTION & COMPUTERS
frame capture, editing, and post-production

STORY
script, storyboarding and storyreel discussion

SOUND
lip-sync, sound effects and music

YOUR STOPMO FILM PROJECT
discuss your stopmo film

ARMATURES
ball & socket and wire armature discussion

MACHINE SHOP
metalwork tool & talk

SCULPTING
sculpture information and advice

HAIR & COSTUME
materials, patterns and technique

CASTING
foam, silicone and resin

CLAY
clay puppet construction

GENERAL PUPPET MAKING
other puppet fabrication issues

STOP MOTION SETS
set design and construction information

MODEL DEPARTMENT
miniature prop discussion

MATTE PAINTINGS
glass matte paintings and backgrounds

GENERAL SPECIAL EFFECTS

STOP MOTION FILM DISCUSSION

FAVORITE STOP MOTION CHARACTERS

PRO ANIMATOR DISCUSSION

FILM FESTIVALS AND EVENTS

ANIMATION SCHOOLS

STOP MOTION BOOKS

STOP MOTION ON VIDEO

JOBS & PROJECTS
post here if you are looking for talent to hire

SWAP MEET
stop motion items for sale

CHAT BOARD
general discussion

SITE FEEDBACK
report bugs, comments and suggestions here

Latest Activity

Chris C replied to Chris C's discussion Nikon D3200 connection to Dragonframe
"Hi Tim and thanks for getting back to me.. I have followed the instructions and it either goes…"
18 hours ago
BOBAH1 commented on Xiakeyra's video
23 hours ago
BOBAH1 commented on Xiakeyra's video
23 hours ago
BOBAH1 posted a video

Раммштайн - Пуппе

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
yesterday

© 2020   Created by Anthony Scott.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

.xg_widget_forum_index_index .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_listForCategory .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_show .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;}