Well guys it's been an incredibly long road to get here but, I've finally arrived at my destination... all my stop motion for 'Sinbad The Fifth Voyage' is now officially completed. Sorry I don't have any photos I can post or nitty-gritty details to share because I'm not allowed to release anything from the production on my own.

I have no idea how long to expect it to take for the production to complete all the rest of the work the film needs. Between mattes, CG effects, sound, music and all the other thousands of details that need to be dealt with, it could still be months of work ahead for them. (don't quote me on that, I'm just making and educated guess) The producer has been telling me that there's a new preview that they will be releasing 'soon' but, I don't know what 'soon' means, considering that he started telling me that well over a month ago.

I will (of course) keep you as up to date as I possibly can with any news I can bring to you about this production. And now that my part of it is finally completed... I'm sure I'll be as impatient as you are.

Views: 2351

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah, me too...I'm not on Facebook either, I just link to it when I check in on the Sinbad website that has a link to the Facebook page. It said that (Paraph rased);Production has informed them that the new teaser will be out in 4-5 days and that was Monday so...Hopefully it'll start a new "BUZZ"!

I suppose that can only mean Friday... Too late for Marc Spess's show this week - oh well, next week then.

Take care, Ron, you've worked hard on this. *cheers*

Just saw the new trailer - some yummy stopmo work in there!

Nifty! Hope they get decent distribution.

At the risk of dredging up old arguments, I notice it's now Super Animation, not you-know-what-mation. 

Hey now!!! Lookie what I found!!

Gee Wiz! I got no advance warning and everybody saw it before I did? In the immortal words of Rodney Dangerfield, "I get no respect, no respect at all."

OK so there ya have it and it's been a long time coming! I've got a few gripes about this new preview but, over-all I'm happy with it. I'm just not sure why he chose to use one of the shots of Alakei from before it had motion blur applied to it? There's a close up shot of her turning around and looking toward camera and I'm positive that shot has motion blur in the final edit but for some odd reason they used my original rough cut comp.

I'll just head this question off at the pass and let you guys know that I sent an email to the mysterious animator who's responsible for the Skeleton seen in numerous shots in the new preview and I asked him if it's OK for me to reveal his identity yet? I know you guys are going to ask about it so, I figured it's best to get ahead of those questions now.

There's a quick shot of a Metal Dragon blowing fire in that preview and that's the only CGI creature type thing left in the film. The producer wanted me to do it in stop motion but, I had already agreed to work on 'The Legend of the Golden Fishcake' and had to finally leave this project. Besides, I've seen some footage of it in CGI and I personally think it looks pretty good already.

It feels good to finally have some more shots out there for you guys to see!

I finally got permission from the man, the identity of the mysterious Skeleton animator is (drum roll please!................................................................................................................... Mark Sullivan!

What's the beast at 2:10 with the horns and teeth?  Is that another thing from Mysterious Animator?

I had lunch a couple of weeks ago with the guy who made the armature for one of Mysterious Animator's puppets (a puppet not in the trailer).  It's interesting how this project has pulled in a lot of people from all over.

Ha Dave, you didn't see my previous post - It's OK to actually say MARK SULLIVAN'S name now. :)

The creature at 2:10 is mine, Sean named it the 'Minozaur' but, I honestly don't like that name and have always called it 'The Demon' myself. That was the creature that stirred up all my troubles with the 'off the shelf' kit armatures. There are actually two puppets of him in the final cut of the film because I just couldn't do much with the kit armature and so the bulk of the animation was shot with a new casting that has a wire armature in it.

Ha Dave, you didn't see my previous post - It's OK to actually say MARK SULLIVAN'S name now. :)

Heh.  I started the post before you replied, but due to distractions didn't finish it for 30 minutes.

Well, the Minozaur/Demon looks fun.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

MESSAGE BOARD CATEGORIES

STOPMO NEWBIES
basic stopmo discussion

ANIMATOR TALK
experienced animators looking to improve

CAMERA & STAGE
animation camera, lighting and moco rigs

ANIMATION TOOLS & EQUIPMENT
animation tool and rigging discussion

STOP MOTION & COMPUTERS
frame capture, editing, and post-production

STORY
script, storyboarding and storyreel discussion

SOUND
lip-sync, sound effects and music

YOUR STOPMO FILM PROJECT
discuss your stopmo film

ARMATURES
ball & socket and wire armature discussion

MACHINE SHOP
metalwork tool & talk

SCULPTING
sculpture information and advice

HAIR & COSTUME
materials, patterns and technique

CASTING
foam, silicone and resin

CLAY
clay puppet construction

GENERAL PUPPET MAKING
other puppet fabrication issues

STOP MOTION SETS
set design and construction information

MODEL DEPARTMENT
miniature prop discussion

MATTE PAINTINGS
glass matte paintings and backgrounds

GENERAL SPECIAL EFFECTS

STOP MOTION FILM DISCUSSION

FAVORITE STOP MOTION CHARACTERS

PRO ANIMATOR DISCUSSION

FILM FESTIVALS AND EVENTS

ANIMATION SCHOOLS

STOP MOTION BOOKS

STOP MOTION ON VIDEO

JOBS & PROJECTS
post here if you are looking for talent to hire

SWAP MEET
stop motion items for sale

CHAT BOARD
general discussion

SITE FEEDBACK
report bugs, comments and suggestions here

Latest Activity

Mozen posted a discussion
8 hours ago
Ethan Bartholomae replied to Matthew Bradley's discussion Silicone painting with 'Tinsil Gel 10'.
"If you do search out silicone caulk to use be careful of the type that you get, there's…"
23 hours ago
Simon Tytherleigh posted a discussion

Testing the 3D printable winders

Here is a quick video I made to compare two winders, one with an all-metal rack and the other which…See More
yesterday
StopmoNick replied to Matthew Bradley's discussion Silicone painting with 'Tinsil Gel 10'.
"The main advantage of tin silicone is that (I believe) it can be cast over latex.  So you can…"
yesterday

© 2020   Created by Anthony Scott.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

.xg_widget_forum_index_index .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_listForCategory .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_show .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;}