Here is a list of known issues and problems with the new site.  Please add to this list if you find more.

Message Board:  No emoticons.  Renamed Forum to Message Board on top tab but can't figure out how to change it on right sidebar, still reads as Forum.

Uploaded movies: uploaded videos don't appear on the iPad, or in Chrome browsers.  Just a black empty space. 

Photos:  slideshow doesn't work on iPad (Flash?)  Just a black empty space instead

Facebook:  integration is spotty.  sometimes the post will appear on FB, sometimes when clicking on the link the following message will appear on FB:

Sorry

The link you are trying to visit has been reported as abusive by Facebook users. To learn more about staying safe on the internet, visit Facebook's Security Page. Please also read the Wikipedia articles on malware and phishing.

This matter will be resolved eventually, it just might take awhile to get it working correctly. I received this response from the HELP Dept today:

Sorry to hear you're encountering difficulty here. There is actually currently an issue with sharing content to Facebook where Facebook is blocking our links as spam. Please rest assured that our Policy and Safety team is working on contacting Facebook in order to resolve this issue. I'm not sure what is involved in order to clear this up, but we will do our best to get things working properly again. Thanks for your patience as we look into resolving this issue. 

Views: 1394

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

From Ning about Robots.txt.

By default, everything on your Ning Network that visitors can see when they're signed out can be indexed by search engines like Google, and will show up in search results.

So basically, the Activity page can be indexed, which granted, is limited info, but could still drive some traffic to this site.

Shea Street said:

It has more to do with bringing new people to the site when they are looking for information vs. the people that already know the site and search on the site itself. If someone new to the art does not know the haunts and hangouts the search on the site does them no good if they never get to the site.

Anthony, any updates on the archive of the old message board?

I know Paul has all the files and is still working on setting it up.

I know the missing 'read new' button has been mentioned before. I just wanted to stress the importance of it for me. I've realized that I don't read trough all thread headlines anymore. In the old board I every couple days clicked 'read new' and looked if there was any interesting new threads. If there was, then I went into the thread. The 'latest updates' column is not really the same thing. There I don't know if I've seen the thread or not. Now I visit the new message board more randomly if at all. I probably don't read 90% of the message headlines.

I don't have anything against the new board. And as I mentioned before in an another thread, I know that the change was a must. This is just an observation of my own behavior.

I've inquired with Ning.com about a 'Read New' button. There is not one and no future plans as yet to implement one. It was a very good feature of the old board I agree.

Guess you can't have it all 

Here is Ning's response to my inquiry about a 'Read New' button. I also asked about putting all 27 forum categories on one page (right now it is limited to 20) and increasing # of posts per page (right now it is limited to 10)

'At this time we don't have any plans for a "Read new" feature, though the Forum feature could use some attention. I'll forward that one, as well as more controls on items/page, to our Product Team.'

Reply to Discussion

RSS

MESSAGE BOARD CATEGORIES

STOPMO NEWBIES
basic stopmo discussion

ANIMATOR TALK
experienced animators looking to improve

CAMERA & STAGE
animation camera, lighting and moco rigs

ANIMATION TOOLS & EQUIPMENT
animation tool and rigging discussion

STOP MOTION & COMPUTERS
frame capture, editing, and post-production

STORY
script, storyboarding and storyreel discussion

SOUND
lip-sync, sound effects and music

YOUR STOPMO FILM PROJECT
discuss your stopmo film

ARMATURES
ball & socket and wire armature discussion

MACHINE SHOP
metalwork tool & talk

SCULPTING
sculpture information and advice

HAIR & COSTUME
materials, patterns and technique

CASTING
foam, silicone and resin

CLAY
clay puppet construction

GENERAL PUPPET MAKING
other puppet fabrication issues

STOP MOTION SETS
set design and construction information

MODEL DEPARTMENT
miniature prop discussion

MATTE PAINTINGS
glass matte paintings and backgrounds

GENERAL SPECIAL EFFECTS

STOP MOTION FILM DISCUSSION

FAVORITE STOP MOTION CHARACTERS

PRO ANIMATOR DISCUSSION

FILM FESTIVALS AND EVENTS

ANIMATION SCHOOLS

STOP MOTION BOOKS

STOP MOTION ON VIDEO

JOBS & PROJECTS
post here if you are looking for talent to hire

SWAP MEET
stop motion items for sale

CHAT BOARD
general discussion

SITE FEEDBACK
report bugs, comments and suggestions here

Latest Activity

StopmoNick replied to Youp Zondag's discussion Test shots for new short
"Characters are looking great!  Set looks good already.  It's similar how I used to…"
1 hour ago
Cacá Veirano updated their profile
21 hours ago
GameYan Studio posted a video

Angela - 3D Female Pirate Character Modeling and Rigging Cinematic CGI Animation ShowReel

Female Pirate Girl - 3D Character Modeling and Rigging Animation video -CGI Animated short film Giving attacking pose with Sword on ship. Get our Character M...
yesterday
Gamerzone posted a blog post

Wonderkids You Need To Register In FIFA Mobile

Looking to get the tips about the young players available in FIFA's ultra-popular Career style? We…See More
yesterday

© 2019   Created by Anthony Scott.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

.xg_widget_forum_index_index .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_listForCategory .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_show .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;}