How hard could it be to replace all the monster shots apart from the octopus in the movie Warlords of Atlantis.

Aside from having the longest title for a discussion ever, What do you think. A possibility? Video below is one such creature already replaced with a stop motion one I did a few weeks ago.

Views: 469

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree about the consequences of reworking an effect for the plain sake of reworking an effect. It is far from consequenceless when it comes to cultural education. I'd say let the past be and do something of your own while honoring what you find honorable in said past. 

I think your  right there actually. I'm pretty sure I've already proved my point with this short video anyway.

Ron Cole said:

Stan - You don't even have to go as far as switching to CGI for any replacement for the effects in either Kong or 7th Voyage... even if you were to replace them with new and improved stop motion, I would still disapprove strongly.

i agree. youre ignoring the fact that the charm of the flaws is what keeps people coming back to these movies.

Would one even THINK about going into the Louvre and "retouching" the Mona Lisa?  Well actually a few years back that is exactly what the then-Director of the Louvre was suggesting, along with many other masterpieces!  Get a grip, people!  No one has the moral right to go back and fiddle with a work of art just because they can technically, except the creator of the work.  Although I agree that Lucas damaged his work, he was the only one who had the right to change it.

So I'm guessing you're against the idea of remaking 'The Wrong Trousers' into CGI-S3D? You don't think it would be improved if Wallace looked like a real man and Gromit looked like a real dog?

DON'T PANIC!

Nobody's even suggesting that, I'm just joking - calm down.

But Ron, you've planted the seed now. Pray Hollyweird doesn't read that.

Ron Cole said:

So I'm guessing you're against the idea of remaking 'The Wrong Trousers' into CGI-S3D? You don't think it would be improved if Wallace looked like a real man and Gromit looked like a real dog?

DON'T PANIC!

It's only a matter of time before Lucas does Star Wars in 3D and gets yet another theatrical release.. Then there will be the disco soundtrack versions, then the version with Jabba as skinny and Luke with ginger hair. I say that because the only other place Lucas could go after 3D and disco is the very bottom of that barrel.

Oh dear Gromit!!!

Ron Cole said:

DON'T PANIC!

That's the first time I heard that one.

Roger Beck said:

Oh dear Gromit!!!

Ron Cole said:

DON'T PANIC!

Don't overlook this part of Ron's post:

Ron Cole said:

DON'T PANIC!

I was just trying to imagine what a photorealistic Wallace might look like. It was the weirdest thing when I heard Wallace's voice coming out of Peter Sallis for the first time in one of his live action roles.

Mouth gapes open like a muppet!

This is awesome.

Your work is awesome.

Got to be rtro. Muppets are good. However the mouth area could be distorted digitally around the back jaw points to create stretch. on something a tad more up to date.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

KICKSTARTER / INDIEGOGO PROJECTS

MESSAGE BOARD QUICK LINKS

Message Board

Live Chat On AnimateClay.com Reminder

Started by Ron Cole in ANIMATOR TALK. Last reply by Ron Cole 3 hours ago. 211 Replies

Don't forget, on WEDNESDAYS (Thursdays on the first week of each month)  there's a…Continue

Nobby - The Dinosaur

Started by James Wilkinson in YOUR STOPMO FILM PROJECT. Last reply by StampMotionStudio yesterday. 11 Replies

Hi Guys, Just wanted to share with you our latest stop mo project! Its far from perfect and has been sitting around on my computer for ages so we thought we'd just finish off the post production and release what we've done. Would love any…Continue

Tags: felt, foam, frame, tentacle, nobby

Need help with Macro and Wide Angle Lens

Started by Mastermind Films in CAMERA & STAGE. Last reply by Mastermind Films yesterday. 13 Replies

I made a discussion about camera equipment previously, and I still remember all the lessons I learned about cameras, lenses etc.I am just a bit confused with my lenses.  My grandpa gave me two lenses. (it's in the pictures) It came from a Nikon SLR.…Continue

Sculpture time lapse

Started by Wes Simpkins in NEWBIE CORNER yesterday. 0 Replies

http://youtu.be/2XfqNVt3QZEThis is a time lapse of the 2nd sculpture for the latest project. There's still detailing left which will be done by the end of the week!Continue

Frame rate and shooting on 2s what to do/ help.

Started by Ben Tobin in NEWBIE CORNER. Last reply by Don Carlson yesterday. 15 Replies

Hi, I'm really new to stop motion and have been trying out various frame rates but am mostly sticking to 24p for no particular reason.  after my first couple of attempts I switched to shooting in/on twos (1photo for 2 frames) as I have read that a…Continue

The Problem:

Started by Varg Ossian in NEWBIE CORNER. Last reply by Varg Ossian on Tuesday. 7 Replies

What to Practice? What to Focus on?Stop motion, is unique in that it requires a considerable amount of materials and skills in order to create... something... anything. So what specific aspects should I practice on in order to become good, or even…Continue

Photos

Loading…

BLOGS

Create a Blog for your personal page. Go to My Page and click on Blog Posts. Access all Blog Posts here.

© 2014   Created by Anthony Scott.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

.xg_widget_forum_index_index .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_listForCategory .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_show .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;}