This is the first time I have started a post in the new website so I hope I am doing this right. 

Avery Guerra has been following my film for quite some time and he is in charge of a few websites covering B-movies and Japanese monster movies. When he became involved with the B-Movie Celebration he asked me if I could supply him with a trailer of my film as he knew I didn't have my film ready to screen. It is being held in Columbus, Indiana next weekend September 14th to the 16th. I am cutting it close as I just finished the scene I most wanted in the trailer.

Before I tell you what it is, let me tell you that the script was written in 1999 when Avatar was just a whisper and absolutely nothing was known about it. It was more of an inspiration. When I went to a film convention that Jim Danforth attended, he showed some films of animations he had done and one was an 8 legged horse-like creature. I told myself one day I will put something like that in a film. So instead of an 8 legged horse I came up with a 6 legged horse, 2 less legs to build and animate. However, when I saw Avatar I knew everyone will think I got my idea of my horse from that movie, which is not true.

Tomorrow, sometime, I will post a picture of the horse in the trailer.

I don't know when it will be screened at the B-Movie Celebration, but this will be the first public performance of anything from my film. Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend. After the event I will post the trailer either on my website or on youtube.

Views: 473

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Cool!

(And I wouldn't worry...Avatar bears a suspicious resemblance to Pocahontas and Ursula K. LeGuinn's "The World for World is Forest." )

Throw in a little Dances With Wolves too.

Here is the picture of the horse from the trailer.

Attachments:

Sextupalicious.

I can't wait to see it.

Looks cool Larry! Congratulations on all your hard work. I'd pull back on the motion blurs a bit, but other than that I really enjoyed it! A welcome change from all the low budget CGI on the SCi-Fi channel. Sure, it's low budget stop motion but it's still more fun to watch than cgi dino's. Nice models! The 6 legged horse dino? Yeah there's been depictions of things like that in Frazzetta and Vallejo's work going way back and also on early Sci-Fi pulp magazine covers...so I wouldn't let the Avatar comparisons bother you at all! It's great to see a stop mo version! best, Stan

Looks pretty good!

That was awesome!

Stan, I'm gonna have to disagree with you about the motion blurs, I think they really add to the believability of the stop motion being blended with the live action.

Larry - I had almost given up hope while waiting to see more from Galactic Raiders, the economy has been so bad that I figured that like many of us, the needs of life had outweighed the wants and so I was not optimistic that you had made much progress with the film. I'm THRILLED to be wrong and totally JAZZED to see that you've actually been making great advances to getting it done!!!

I'm really excited about this because (as I'm completely sure you're bountifully aware) Dynamation style special effects have been sorely missing in the great revival of stop motion of recent years. You and I are obviously kindred spirits as we are both doing the back breaking work it takes to revive this beautiful artform.

You've stepped up to the plate in a world full of naysayers and THAT alone is an effort to be commended and celebrated! You have my most sincere Thanks for being a fellow Dynamation Warrior keeping the dream and legend alive!!! You have my full support and admiration in this endeavor and I salute you as a Brother in Arms!!! 

Thank you Ron and all, but even though it is tough going I still keep my chin up. I've never stopped and never will.

I would like to add to what Ron said....it is good to some dynamation! I am looking forward to seeing the finished work. And, I saw no problems with the blurring.  I know you are putting a lot of work into this video. Just keep up the good work!!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

MESSAGE BOARD CATEGORIES

STOPMO NEWBIES
basic stopmo discussion

ANIMATOR TALK
experienced animators looking to improve

CAMERA & STAGE
animation camera, lighting and moco rigs

ANIMATION TOOLS & EQUIPMENT
animation tool and rigging discussion

STOP MOTION & COMPUTERS
frame capture, editing, and post-production

STORY
script, storyboarding and storyreel discussion

SOUND
lip-sync, sound effects and music

YOUR STOPMO FILM PROJECT
discuss your stopmo film

ARMATURES
ball & socket and wire armature discussion

MACHINE SHOP
metalwork tool & talk

SCULPTING
sculpture information and advice

HAIR & COSTUME
materials, patterns and technique

CASTING
foam, silicone and resin

CLAY
clay puppet construction

GENERAL PUPPET MAKING
other puppet fabrication issues

STOP MOTION SETS
set design and construction information

MODEL DEPARTMENT
miniature prop discussion

MATTE PAINTINGS
glass matte paintings and backgrounds

GENERAL SPECIAL EFFECTS

STOP MOTION FILM DISCUSSION

FAVORITE STOP MOTION CHARACTERS

PRO ANIMATOR DISCUSSION

FILM FESTIVALS AND EVENTS

ANIMATION SCHOOLS

STOP MOTION BOOKS

STOP MOTION ON VIDEO

JOBS & PROJECTS
post here if you are looking for talent to hire

SWAP MEET
stop motion items for sale

CHAT BOARD
general discussion

SITE FEEDBACK
report bugs, comments and suggestions here

Latest Activity

tam hinton posted a discussion

movie madness!

hey everybodyhere's my new film, now available on youtube and featured on SWIGLY.Please do take a…See More
11 hours ago
tam hinton posted a video

This MINDBLOWING SURREAL ANIMATED HORROR film will OWN your BRAIN!

In a hospital somewhere near you, a young mother is struggling through the agonies of childbirth. But the DOCTOR and his mysterious NURSE have a radical new ...
11 hours ago
wangrui posted a blog post

In case RuneScape goes another 10 years without mtx

I editted my last article did if u didnt compete earlier they state un couldnt gain points. Off…See More
20 hours ago
Joe replied to Joe's discussion Animate tree growing
"Hi robbiethepainter - thanks for the reply but I've actually finished the shot and the film…"
yesterday

© 2020   Created by Anthony Scott.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

.xg_widget_forum_index_index .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_listForCategory .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_show .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;}