So I just finished animating a 2.5 minute singe take video, and after taking a little break before going into post production, I came back to Dragonframe not displaying the 4500 images I took within the application.  Fortunately all of the images are saved but the edits are not conformed if that affects anything.  Any ideas of what's going on or any good work-arounds?

Views: 63

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Conforming is really important and DF should have prompted you when you exited. As far as I am aware it instructs DF to organize the frames into the correct folders. Try contacting them about what to do to salvage your shot. Given the way they have organized DF I expect there is a workaround.

I use Conform in Dragonframe to remove the frames I deleted as I was animating.  (Sometimes I take the shot, then see it wasn't quite right, and have to delete a frame or two and pick up the animation from the frame before.)  If I don't conform, they will still be there, so I have to look out for repeat frames where the first one isn't quite right.  If I do conform when prompted, they are removed and the remaining frames re-numbered and saved so they are sequential with no gaps in the numbering.  I would just remove them in the software I use to edit and re-size the images, in my case TV Paint Animation or After Effects.  If I didn't remove any frames while animating, DF won't prompt me to conform.  As far as I can see, the frames are still in the correct folders either way.  Looking at your screenshot, you were shooting Raw plus Jpg (or you picked Nikon RAW but DF also saved a Jpg of each frame in the same folder).   My copy does that when I shoot Canon Raw.  I just looked at the folder for a raw shot I did for someone, and it is the same, the raw images alternate with the jpgs in the one folder.   Some software can import image sequences, and if you click on the first raw image, it will only select raw images and ignore the jpegs. Just to make  sure, I opened After Effects and clicked on frame 001.cr2, and first it opened the window to convert the raw images and adjust colour, then it imported all of them, but not 001.jpg and all the other jpegs.

You are not required to Conform in Dragonframe. It's only if you require the edits to be made directly to your high-res sequence, so you can take it directly from there into post-production.

It looks like you are missing your video assist images, which are stored in the "feed" folder that should also be in your take. Did you delete the folder, or rename it? If you did, that would explain why the images aren't there.

Many thanks to you all! I got it figured out!  Thinking back on it, I did actually attempt a conform, but in my 2 am haze and impatience, had for some reason cancelled the operation part way through... but after a little digging, I was able to find all the files and get them back to their respective locations, and it seems all is well once more!

The reassuring thing is that DF seems to be constructed in the full recognition of how important and often irreplaceable your frames are, so they save everything into the folders and make it quite difficult for you to erase stuff. In the end it's down to folder organisation!

Glad to hear you got it sorted!

whew! 4500 images restored . . . . thank goodness!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

STOPMO JAM on Facebook

BLOGS

Create a Blog for your personal page. Go to My Page and click on Blog Posts. Access all Blog Posts here.

MESSAGE BOARD CATEGORIES

STOPMO NEWBIES
basic stopmo discussion

ANIMATOR TALK
experienced animators looking to improve

CAMERA & STAGE
animation camera, lighting and moco rigs

ANIMATION TOOLS & EQUIPMENT
animation tool and rigging discussion

STOP MOTION & COMPUTERS
frame capture, editing, and post-production

STORY
script, storyboarding and storyreel discussion

SOUND
lip-sync, sound effects and music

YOUR STOPMO FILM PROJECT
discuss your stopmo film

ARMATURES
ball & socket and wire armature discussion

MACHINE SHOP
metalwork tool & talk

SCULPTING
sculpture information and advice

HAIR & COSTUME
materials, patterns and technique

CASTING
foam, silicone and resin

CLAY
clay puppet construction

GENERAL PUPPET MAKING
other puppet fabrication issues

STOP MOTION SETS
set design and construction information

MODEL DEPARTMENT
miniature prop discussion

MATTE PAINTINGS
glass matte paintings and backgrounds

GENERAL SPECIAL EFFECTS

STOP MOTION FILM DISCUSSION

FAVORITE STOP MOTION CHARACTERS

PRO ANIMATOR DISCUSSION

FILM FESTIVALS AND EVENTS

ANIMATION SCHOOLS

STOP MOTION BOOKS

STOP MOTION ON VIDEO

JOBS & PROJECTS
post here if you are looking for talent to hire

SWAP MEET
stop motion items for sale

CHAT BOARD
general discussion

SITE FEEDBACK
report bugs, comments and suggestions here

SPAM ALERT!

StopMotionAnimation.com has been hit hard by spammers lately. They have been creating several fake accounts every day, contacting and harassing members and posting suspicious content. If you see anything suspicious, don't click on any links, instead, send me their User Name. I will suspend them. 

Questions & Feedback
Report Spam or Abuse

© 2017   Created by Anthony Scott.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

.xg_widget_forum_index_index .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_listForCategory .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_show .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;}