Anybody have any idea why my live view screen looks like this? It is like the camera only wants to show a single color channel in live view. The actual capture looks fine...but if I have to animate using this crappy looking single-channel pass that would be terrible.

Dragonframe 3.5.7

Nikon D7100

Old non AI lens, no autofocus or anything of the sort.

It looks like this no matter what lens I put on the camera, btw.

Thanks guys!

Views: 2153

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have a sneaking (and gut-wrenching) suspicion that is is actually a problem with the camera's live-view usb port. Insert overwhelming anger here. I can return it because it is *far* outside the return window. I guess I'll be sending it to Nikon to pay exorbitant repair prices in the near future. Something I love doing. /sarcasm

Looks like two colours, blue and red, with the green channel missing. I haven't seen anything like that in Dragonframe, so I'm thinking camera or usb cable is not getting the green video channel to the computer. Try another cable before sending the camera in. Also, if there is an analog video out, try connecting it to a tv to see if you get full colour. Oh, and try using live view on the camera's own rear screen, if that looks normal then the problem must be in the port or cable. (I've never actually seen live view on a rear screen, since I only use it for animation with a computer, but the camera should do it.)

I'll just throw out some things I noticed that are probably way off base - 

Are you shooting for 3d? I notice there's a 3d specs icon under the screen and beside it a window with 2 circles in it - red and blue. That caught my attention because they're the same colors of your preview image. I have no idea why it would affect the image that way, but possibly you've got it set up for red/blue 3d shooting and so it's reducing to those colors? And I have a feeling your response is going to make me feel really foolish. 

Try updating to 3.6.0.

Hey guys, wanted to update you on the situation:

Dyami was right, I needed to update to 3.6, now everything works perfectly...so I'm the only one who needs to feel foolish! Ha. But all is well. Thanks for the input!

Oh I can still feel foolish, trust me!! Well, good to know it wasn't your camera. 

HUGE relief knowing it wasn't my camera! And as far as the stereoscopic 3D icons, I think they are always there in this version, I certainly can't seem to get rid of them. I *definitely* thought that was also the issue for a bit there while I was troubleshooting.

Great to hear it has worked out!

Even if my thoughts about it were way off base.

Glad you found a solution!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

MESSAGE BOARD CATEGORIES

STOPMO NEWBIES
basic stopmo discussion

ANIMATOR TALK
experienced animators looking to improve

CAMERA & STAGE
animation camera, lighting and moco rigs

ANIMATION TOOLS & EQUIPMENT
animation tool and rigging discussion

STOP MOTION & COMPUTERS
frame capture, editing, and post-production

STORY
script, storyboarding and storyreel discussion

SOUND
lip-sync, sound effects and music

YOUR STOPMO FILM PROJECT
discuss your stopmo film

ARMATURES
ball & socket and wire armature discussion

MACHINE SHOP
metalwork tool & talk

SCULPTING
sculpture information and advice

HAIR & COSTUME
materials, patterns and technique

CASTING
foam, silicone and resin

CLAY
clay puppet construction

GENERAL PUPPET MAKING
other puppet fabrication issues

STOP MOTION SETS
set design and construction information

MODEL DEPARTMENT
miniature prop discussion

MATTE PAINTINGS
glass matte paintings and backgrounds

GENERAL SPECIAL EFFECTS

STOP MOTION FILM DISCUSSION

FAVORITE STOP MOTION CHARACTERS

PRO ANIMATOR DISCUSSION

FILM FESTIVALS AND EVENTS

ANIMATION SCHOOLS

STOP MOTION BOOKS

STOP MOTION ON VIDEO

JOBS & PROJECTS
post here if you are looking for talent to hire

SWAP MEET
stop motion items for sale

CHAT BOARD
general discussion

SITE FEEDBACK
report bugs, comments and suggestions here

Latest Activity

Joe replied to Joe's discussion Animate tree growing
"Hi robbiethepainter - thanks for the reply but I've actually finished the shot and the film…"
19 minutes ago
robbiethepainter replied to Joe's discussion Animate tree growing
"How big a tree are you thinking?  The smaller the easier I would think. Making the tree out of…"
6 hours ago
Onanhon posted a blog post

Attain Increased Source Of Information With Mmogah

At present, the market of internet gaming is increasing at an unbelievable rate. There are many…See More
yesterday
maru updated their profile
Saturday

© 2020   Created by Anthony Scott.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

.xg_widget_forum_index_index .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_listForCategory .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_show .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;}