Hi everyone, I'm new to dragonframe and quite frustrated that the quality of what I'm shooting comes out rather poor. I'm shooting with a canon 60 D 18-55 kitlens (Yeh I know not a very good lens but still it should be better than this..

It looks rather pixelated, any idea how I can improve this? It looks this way wether I export it as image sequence or .mov. 

Another question, does anyone know if I can take an image sequence shot on a windows and edit in in premiere mac ? 

Views: 3692

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I use a Canon 550D camera with a Nikon Nikkor 28mm 1:3.5 lens. It's easier to control the aperture that way. Maybe a similar lens for your camera would help. Of course, you'd need the correct Fotodiox Lens Mount Adapter.

I adjust the shutter speed and ISO through Dragonframe and, when creating a movie file, export a high-resolution image sequence. 

I second StopmoNick and always "import image sequence" of raw files into After Effects. Very flexible to then 'pan n scan" big huge files ( in relation to a 1920x1080 ), maybe even "frame blending" in Ae, etc, etc

StopmoNick said:

I use Dragonframe or StopMotion Pro to gauge the moves while animating, then import the full size images into my post production program - After Effects if they are raw, since TV Paint doesn't deal with raw.  I don't use Export in DF, I import from the other program, so I pick which images to import.  

Dragonframe should be saving 2 sets of images in 2 folders.  One is the video preview that you use to see how your animation is going, the other is the full sized, high quality images straight from your camera.  

In Safari/Windows Explorer, inside a folder called something like Yourproject_001_Take_01, you should see these folders:  

Yourproject_001_01_backup  (Appears to be frames I deleted during animation, saved here in case I changed my mind.)

Yourproject_001_01_feed   (this is the video feed, small size and lower quality.  You don't want to use this.)

Yourproject_001_01_X1   (this is the actual shot that you want -  the list of files will start with Yourproject_001_01_X1_0001.cr2  which is production 1, shot 1, take (eXposure)1, frame 0001.

There will probably be Raw and Jpegs sitting in the same folder, even if you had the camera set to take only Raw, not raw + jpg.  Both will actually look very good, and be the same resolution, but the raw images give you more room to adjust the colour and brightness.  If you are seeing a noticeably lower quality it is probably the video feed. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

MESSAGE BOARD CATEGORIES

STOPMO NEWBIES
basic stopmo discussion

ANIMATOR TALK
experienced animators looking to improve

CAMERA & STAGE
animation camera, lighting and moco rigs

ANIMATION TOOLS & EQUIPMENT
animation tool and rigging discussion

STOP MOTION & COMPUTERS
frame capture, editing, and post-production

STORY
script, storyboarding and storyreel discussion

SOUND
lip-sync, sound effects and music

YOUR STOPMO FILM PROJECT
discuss your stopmo film

ARMATURES
ball & socket and wire armature discussion

MACHINE SHOP
metalwork tool & talk

SCULPTING
sculpture information and advice

HAIR & COSTUME
materials, patterns and technique

CASTING
foam, silicone and resin

CLAY
clay puppet construction

GENERAL PUPPET MAKING
other puppet fabrication issues

STOP MOTION SETS
set design and construction information

MODEL DEPARTMENT
miniature prop discussion

MATTE PAINTINGS
glass matte paintings and backgrounds

GENERAL SPECIAL EFFECTS

STOP MOTION FILM DISCUSSION

FAVORITE STOP MOTION CHARACTERS

PRO ANIMATOR DISCUSSION

FILM FESTIVALS AND EVENTS

ANIMATION SCHOOLS

STOP MOTION BOOKS

STOP MOTION ON VIDEO

JOBS & PROJECTS
post here if you are looking for talent to hire

SWAP MEET
stop motion items for sale

CHAT BOARD
general discussion

SITE FEEDBACK
report bugs, comments and suggestions here

Latest Activity

Roos Mattaar replied to Shakycow's discussion Stickybones - Any experience or recommendations?
"Hi, I haven't used stickybones myself, but my friend did a four week animation course where…"
1 hour ago
GameYan Studio posted a video

Female character Modelling Animation video 3D Fashion Show catwalk with motion capture

Fashion Catwalk of 3D Girl character Modeling | By Gameyan Character Animation Studio Video Description: 3D Character Modeling of Fashion Model Girl with Cat...
6 hours ago
Pete Pipkins replied to Pete Pipkins's discussion Canon 250D problem
"Thanks for the reply. I've dropped a line to SMP to query the compatability. It'll be…"
yesterday
Ethan Bartholomae replied to Pete Pipkins's discussion Canon 250D problem
"It's likely that the 250D is too new of a camera for Stop Motion Pro to support. I had the…"
yesterday

© 2019   Created by Anthony Scott.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

.xg_widget_forum_index_index .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_listForCategory .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_show .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;}