Hello - does anyone know what the name is of an animation short (looks like claymation) that has two male characters in a confined dingy room where they are typing away, one at a time, taking turns each to wind each other up. Their life depends on being wound up by the other one. They each finish typing just before they wind down and just have enough potential wind energy to wind the other one fully up before stopping, and so on.
It is a great animation with an excellent ending and theme. I don't know what they were typing.
If anybody has seen this animation short, then please contact me.
Regards.

Views: 1354

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

*consider (typo)
I just wrote up what I'm going to say to her (animation artist) and already left a short message for her. I didn't mention anything about the lost film in the short message. I want to do this carefully. I don't want to take any credit away from her original or at least very innovative work.
I have, therefore, worded my pre-written message carefully, so as to not put her on the defensive. If she does know of the film and she knows that it is lost then she might actually deny its existence. If on the other hand, it is quite well known in her art circle in Montreal, then we are in luck. She can't deny it then.
No offense to her here, especially if she can see this message. I am just trying to be realistic. Speaking of which, I am now of the mind that her work is wholly original and nothing is going to come of all this.
I could be wrong, hopefully; because I have a nagging doubt in my mind that something is not quite right. See next paragraph below.

She used black screen pauses to convey a sense of time etc and used rolling credits at the end on a black background. But she still kept the audio of the film going and you could hear the woman character finally getting her chance to use the remote. But I personally think that she missed a trick there ... right at the end I was listening out for something. I am curious to know if anyone else knows what I'm getting at?

Cycle has a sort of confinement feel to it as well, except that it's a more self-imposed consumerist kind.

These are great ideas explored in these animations and I have a few ideas of my own but I don't think I have the patience for animation. So I'd like to work with somebody who has a very basic and simple way of working. Maybe somebody who is not overtly intelligent. No emellishments are really necessary for this type of universally appealing type of work.
Sancinetti has her own quirky and clever style.
I don't know of any others. Bardin has a simple, but ugly style that is effective for his work. The characters in this lost film were basic and unattractive looking. The other artist I mentioned (who did Paranoid) seems to do quite repulsive creatures and characters.
Damn typo again. I just corrected it, but it still says the word 'avoid' at the beginning of my above message on the main page of this site. It supposed to say the word 'about'. It is correct on my page anyway. Sorry about that.
I got a quick reply thanking me for my compliment of her work, which was my original short message. I then sent a slightly longer message, but no reply yet. I will send the longer one some time later.
I sent it and she replied soon after and said that she never heard of the film, but she would ask around for me. I appreciated her reply. You never know, somebody might know of it.

Still not sure who did that film. Might look sometime today. Do you remember anything else about it that could be plugged into a Google search? A particular song in the background? That can somtimes help with de-obscure-ifying a film. Hope someone figures it out, would be nice to see it again.

Hi Prammaven - thanks for the message.
There was no music at all, just the sounds that the two characters made, shuffling about, typing and winding up.
I will post this query on the fb page for Stop Motion Animation as well, one day.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

MESSAGE BOARD CATEGORIES

STOPMO NEWBIES
basic stopmo discussion

ANIMATOR TALK
experienced animators looking to improve

CAMERA & STAGE
animation camera, lighting and moco rigs

ANIMATION TOOLS & EQUIPMENT
animation tool and rigging discussion

STOP MOTION & COMPUTERS
frame capture, editing, and post-production

STORY
script, storyboarding and storyreel discussion

SOUND
lip-sync, sound effects and music

YOUR STOPMO FILM PROJECT
discuss your stopmo film

ARMATURES
ball & socket and wire armature discussion

MACHINE SHOP
metalwork tool & talk

SCULPTING
sculpture information and advice

HAIR & COSTUME
materials, patterns and technique

CASTING
foam, silicone and resin

CLAY
clay puppet construction

GENERAL PUPPET MAKING
other puppet fabrication issues

STOP MOTION SETS
set design and construction information

MODEL DEPARTMENT
miniature prop discussion

MATTE PAINTINGS
glass matte paintings and backgrounds

GENERAL SPECIAL EFFECTS

STOP MOTION FILM DISCUSSION

FAVORITE STOP MOTION CHARACTERS

PRO ANIMATOR DISCUSSION

FILM FESTIVALS AND EVENTS

ANIMATION SCHOOLS

STOP MOTION BOOKS

STOP MOTION ON VIDEO

JOBS & PROJECTS
post here if you are looking for talent to hire

SWAP MEET
stop motion items for sale

CHAT BOARD
general discussion

SITE FEEDBACK
report bugs, comments and suggestions here

Latest Activity

StopmoNick replied to Calvin Carl Bond's discussion I need help
"Nicely put together video!  But yes, the flicker is noticeable.  I suspect it is from…"
37 minutes ago
Calvin Carl Bond replied to Calvin Carl Bond's discussion I need help
"Hmmm well, I use a webcam so I don't know how to change settings on that, and I don't…"
13 hours ago
Greyguy replied to Greyguy's discussion 8" armature for sale
"thanks i will have this for sale soon :)"
15 hours ago
Simon Tytherleigh replied to John A (filmmaker)'s discussion Dreams and Nightmares
"I would add to that. Stop motion requires such precise organisation, and often live action…"
19 hours ago

© 2020   Created by Anthony Scott.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

.xg_widget_forum_index_index .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_listForCategory .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_show .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;}