Hello - does anyone know what the name is of an animation short (looks like claymation) that has two male characters in a confined dingy room where they are typing away, one at a time, taking turns each to wind each other up. Their life depends on being wound up by the other one. They each finish typing just before they wind down and just have enough potential wind energy to wind the other one fully up before stopping, and so on.
It is a great animation with an excellent ending and theme. I don't know what they were typing.
If anybody has seen this animation short, then please contact me.
Regards.

Views: 1313

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks very much Strider. Sorry about that. I'll let you know if I come up with anything.
I was just thinking that I'd recommend this 5 to 6 minute film above any other, including full length mainstream ones. And that's not because I have a preference for this kind of animation. Although I do like this type of animation the most.

Well this thread has got me interested in the film. If you do find it or figure out what it was called, make sure to post about it in here, alright? I'd like to see it if possible. Even if it turns out to be CGI or whatever.  

OK, but i didn't get anything.  I got more info from Google than I did from Wayback Machine (I probably don't know how to use it tho). Although I can no longer log in to my old MySpace account I can see the main page and my videos. The video was actually on the other guy's page, but I checked a few who were connected to my account but got nothing. I think I tried it before last year whilst I was actually logged in. I've been locked out for a while now, so will try again later. I don't think I'll find anything tho. 

What you need is the url for his page. Do you by any chance still remember it? Maybe you still have a bookmark for it, or can find the link on your own old page? 

I doubt this might be the person Karl is searching for, but this entertain to the theme of using the winders/reliance/forgetfulness/selfishness:

https://vimeo.com/101300231

Reply to Strider and Steve.

Thanks Strider, the computer I used way back then has been at the back of the garage for a few years. I wonder if the page history is still on it? I need to take the HD out and get rid of the pc.

Thanks very much Steve, that was a really good animation and very similar indeed in ideas and theme to the one I saw. Maybe the creator saw the one I saw. We should ask him. I think that it too had a one word title. 'Time' comes to mind, but not at all sure.
I'm wondering what the wind up wife in the vimeo film would have done after trashing her battery operated husband? She'll have to hurry up and get a new one. I'll watch it again and see if there are any clues.
This film you posted here Steve is of a different style. Funny thing is that it seemed to pay homage to the other one by having the battery operated husband use his laptop for a brief period. :)
Sorry, the animation artist for Cycle is female. Raquel Sancinetti from Montreal. She went to the Mel Hoppenheim School of Cinema at Concordia University (I went to McGill, over the road from there). I have some contact details for her or her arts group (Cargo Collective).
In case you don't hear from me for a while or this site closes, here's my email ...
kerm0@yahoo.com
I watched the 5 minute film, Cycle, again and it is very good indeed. It is a more updated and topical version of the one I described and has a lot of attention to detail. Cycle had a lot of info in it, a lot going on. So it was not as easy to follow as the original one. Although the lost one is simple its meaning and fascination are still powerful and intense.
Cycle is quite funny in a blackish kind of way and like the lost film it was quite minimalistic in terms of its emotional aspect.
The lost film was very minimalistic in its style but the powerful message generates a lot of emotion in the interested viewer.
Cycle is top notch and animation fans will like it a lot. It has a noticeable animation style and feel to it and if you are not into that kind of animation it will not grab one's attention unless it's a preamble to a screen film. Some of the sounds etc would annoy some people. I guess that was the point though.
The lost film was such that it would grab the attention of most anyone and get a lot of people talking about it.

Cycle is clever and should have won awards. It has all the themes Steve listed and more, specifically 'alienation due to technology'.
The lost film was a masterpiece and I doubt it very much if Sancinetti did not see it.
That's it for now. I need some sleep, long night!

The lost film is a masterpiece; it has a unique way of grabbing viewers attention.  After 6-8 months of watching it, I wanted to understand more about it but could not track down that link.  Instead I found Cycle.  I'll update here once I track down the lost film.

Thanks very much Steve. I bet Raquel saw it. I like her film, Cycle, a lot; there's plenty of subtlety in it. It's an ingenious take on the original with its use of battery vs mechanical power. I hope she goes on to do other great things.
I never knew Concordia was that good. It has a highly respected film school. I didn't even considered it. I'm starting to respect that institution a lot more now. I met a fb friend who was a musician and he went there and he's very smart. The animation artist was originally from Brazil.

Cycle has its own style and character, and may attract the odd channel hopper with some intelligence if it was on tv.
The lost film was unique for sure and very original. It had a universal appeal and could be understood by anyone. If a channel hopper came across this film they would almost certainly stop with a kind of wtf curiosity or fascination, and then 5 or 10 seconds into it they'd be hooked!

I wanted to say that before but already said a lot. I'll try to contact Raquel Sancinetti in a few days.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

MESSAGE BOARD CATEGORIES

STOPMO NEWBIES
basic stopmo discussion

ANIMATOR TALK
experienced animators looking to improve

CAMERA & STAGE
animation camera, lighting and moco rigs

ANIMATION TOOLS & EQUIPMENT
animation tool and rigging discussion

STOP MOTION & COMPUTERS
frame capture, editing, and post-production

STORY
script, storyboarding and storyreel discussion

SOUND
lip-sync, sound effects and music

YOUR STOPMO FILM PROJECT
discuss your stopmo film

ARMATURES
ball & socket and wire armature discussion

MACHINE SHOP
metalwork tool & talk

SCULPTING
sculpture information and advice

HAIR & COSTUME
materials, patterns and technique

CASTING
foam, silicone and resin

CLAY
clay puppet construction

GENERAL PUPPET MAKING
other puppet fabrication issues

STOP MOTION SETS
set design and construction information

MODEL DEPARTMENT
miniature prop discussion

MATTE PAINTINGS
glass matte paintings and backgrounds

GENERAL SPECIAL EFFECTS

STOP MOTION FILM DISCUSSION

FAVORITE STOP MOTION CHARACTERS

PRO ANIMATOR DISCUSSION

FILM FESTIVALS AND EVENTS

ANIMATION SCHOOLS

STOP MOTION BOOKS

STOP MOTION ON VIDEO

JOBS & PROJECTS
post here if you are looking for talent to hire

SWAP MEET
stop motion items for sale

CHAT BOARD
general discussion

SITE FEEDBACK
report bugs, comments and suggestions here

Latest Activity

Duane Petrie posted a discussion

*Emerges from underground covered in dust* *Blinks blindly at the sun* ..."Hello is anyone still here??"

Has it been 7 years already??Guys I don't know if y'all remember me, but I used to frequent this…See More
2 hours ago
BI updated their profile
yesterday
Gamerzone posted a blog post

This is the new ultimate goal of Ultimate Team

You will have the ability to set your minimum asking price on a bid, placing time limit that you…See More
yesterday
StopmoNick replied to Count Croc's discussion Making robotic characters.
"There are a few kits and toys available (like this Revel kit), don't know what size you want…"
Sunday

© 2019   Created by Anthony Scott.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

.xg_widget_forum_index_index .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_listForCategory .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_show .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;}