Came across this in my travels a brick technique similar to the one I use with the addition of white powdered pigment as used in the preparation of oil paint. This has the effect of making the bricks look as if they are really old and have that lime leaching look to them.

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=31222&hl=

Views: 108

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for the link. Those are some nice bricks.

Great timing on that. I have a brick wall coming up. 

BTW, I'm sure I don't have to tell anyone there is much to be learned from the miniaturist/modeler crowd. If anyone is ever in Tucson, I highly recommend visiting this place:

http://www.theminitimemachine.org/

I worked on the design team that built this museum and its first exhibits. There are some amazing pieces in the collection. (A fair amount of junk, too, but the historical miniatures are worth the entry fee.)

It's a great look, and the technique isn't too complicated/difficult.

Have seen something similar, except a ballpoint pen and wooden clay-sculpting tools were used to define edges of bricks (you use a mechanical pencil?).

If you want to add more surface texture with tiny indentations/pits (rather than a texture of raised bumps from applying a sand/glue solution), press course/gritty sandpaper into the surface of the foam before treating it with gesso.

I wouldn't have thought of using dry pigment powder. You've shown it does a lot for the appearance/texture, so I should try it some time.

good work, great technique.

Remind me a job that i worked in my studio a few years ago.

Jerusalen Wailing Wall.

Attachments:

Very nice Mateus whats the scale there 1:87

Reply to Discussion

RSS

GUMBY FEST 2015

MESSAGE BOARD QUICK LINKS

Message Board

Questions about a camera setup, and getting started in stop motion

Started by Porter in NEWBIE CORNER. Last reply by StopmoNick 1 hour ago. 3 Replies

Hello,I just started researching stop motion animation about a week ago. I purchased a book called "The art of stop motion animation". I'm just barely researching and barely know anything about this medium yet. I want to begin practicing the medium.…Continue

Stop Motion's charm and its impact on CGI - Dissertation Idea, Would like opinions and advice from Stop-Motion fans!

Started by Cam Mitchell in ANIMATOR TALK. Last reply by Kit 2 hours ago. 13 Replies

Hello everyone!I'm an animation student fom DJCAD art school in Scotland, I'm studying animation and am about to enter my 4th year... which means dissertation time!Being a big fan of stop-motion, I wanted to use it as the central theme of my…Continue

Tags: Motion, Stop

Uneven streets

Started by Anne Koreman in STOP MOTION SETS. Last reply by StopmoNick 4 hours ago. 10 Replies

Hi there, I have this very specific problem with my medieval set, and was wondering if you guys had any ideas;I'm building quite a massive 1:9 scale medieval street, with cobblestones. I found a great way to create the stones using gluegun, but, I…Continue

Cut paper feed back.

Started by Bethany Williams in YOUR STOPMO FILM PROJECT. Last reply by Bethany Williams 7 hours ago. 9 Replies

Hey guys.I have just about finished a cut paper animation and I would really appreciate some feedback about what I can change. There is no title to begin with hence the blank 5 seconds at the beginning. I know I need to adjust some sound levels and…Continue

The Fruits of Love

Started by Kit in YOUR STOPMO FILM PROJECT. Last reply by StopmoNick yesterday. 2 Replies

At last, Pipsqueak Studios has released it's first film  The Fruits of LoveYour feedback is very much appreciated.KitContinue

Stop Motion Puppet Project: Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind

Started by Rayfriend_Brown in GENERAL PUPPET MAKING. Last reply by StopmoNick yesterday. 12 Replies

Hi everyone!  I'd like to share with you a project I'm working on for my third year of university. I'm making stop motion puppets of Nausicaa and Kai from the japanese animation 'Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind'. Puppet fabrication for stop…Continue

BLOGS

Create a Blog for your personal page. Go to My Page and click on Blog Posts. Access all Blog Posts here.

Photos

Loading…

Members

© 2015   Created by Anthony Scott.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

.xg_widget_forum_index_index .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_listForCategory .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_show .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;}