Thinking of buying this as not only is it relatively cheap, but it accepts my Canon DSLR camera. I have tried the demo version and it does what it is meant to do. I also noticed that the short film Peter and the Wolf was made using the software which makes me want this even more! Has anyone on the board used it for any films? Also in terms of chroma key, what is the best software - does AnimatorHD do it?

Views: 593

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Anyone?

Never tried it, but if you like the demo and it seems to do everything you need, then I'd say go for it. Have you tried any others for comparison? 

Well not really. It is the cheapest and does support my DSLR live view. Do you know of any others?

Strider said:

Never tried it, but if you like the demo and it seems to do everything you need, then I'd say go for it. Have you tried any others for comparison? 

Here's Uncle LIO's celebrated list: http://www.stopmotionworks.com/stopmosoftwr.htm

There may be a few more in the same price range that do what you need, not sure. 

I really like it though i am no expert. sure does chroma key,. lip sync and so much more. Does everything i could want.

Didn't know about the chroma key. Now I think I will get it.

Best on the market in my opinion is Dragon Frame. It's amazing and used by all the top studios. I have used Animator in the Past. But I didn't like it. Other than that, Stop Motion Pro is my alternative option. Guys at Aardman use it. Chroma Key is best being done with an editing program than on a stop-motion program. Hope this helps

Reply to Discussion

RSS

STOPMO JAM on Facebook

Tom Brierton's Kickstarter

A dragon teaches her child how to fly, but in doing so, realizes that her training will come at a price.

All or nothing. This project will only be funded if it reaches its goal by Mon, November 13 2017 5:23 PM PST.

BLOGS

Create a Blog for your personal page. Go to My Page and click on Blog Posts. Access all Blog Posts here.

MESSAGE BOARD CATEGORIES

STOPMO NEWBIES
basic stopmo discussion

ANIMATOR TALK
experienced animators looking to improve

CAMERA & STAGE
animation camera, lighting and moco rigs

ANIMATION TOOLS & EQUIPMENT
animation tool and rigging discussion

STOP MOTION & COMPUTERS
frame capture, editing, and post-production

STORY
script, storyboarding and storyreel discussion

SOUND
lip-sync, sound effects and music

YOUR STOPMO FILM PROJECT
discuss your stopmo film

ARMATURES
ball & socket and wire armature discussion

MACHINE SHOP
metalwork tool & talk

SCULPTING
sculpture information and advice

HAIR & COSTUME
materials, patterns and technique

CASTING
foam, silicone and resin

CLAY
clay puppet construction

GENERAL PUPPET MAKING
other puppet fabrication issues

STOP MOTION SETS
set design and construction information

MODEL DEPARTMENT
miniature prop discussion

MATTE PAINTINGS
glass matte paintings and backgrounds

GENERAL SPECIAL EFFECTS

STOP MOTION FILM DISCUSSION

FAVORITE STOP MOTION CHARACTERS

PRO ANIMATOR DISCUSSION

FILM FESTIVALS AND EVENTS

ANIMATION SCHOOLS

STOP MOTION BOOKS

STOP MOTION ON VIDEO

JOBS & PROJECTS
post here if you are looking for talent to hire

SWAP MEET
stop motion items for sale

CHAT BOARD
general discussion

SITE FEEDBACK
report bugs, comments and suggestions here

SPAM ALERT!

StopMotionAnimation.com has been hit hard by spammers lately. They have been creating several fake accounts every day, contacting and harassing members and posting suspicious content. If you see anything suspicious, don't click on any links, instead, send me their User Name. I will suspend them. 

Questions & Feedback
Report Spam or Abuse

© 2017   Created by Anthony Scott.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

.xg_widget_forum_index_index .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_listForCategory .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_show .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;}