Hey, Don. I'm interested in trying your Puppet Putty clay. In the webshop there is a "translucent white", but I need "normal white". Do you have a "not translucent white?

And another question: How much is shipping to Spain? How many blocks are the best for optimize shipping cost?

Views: 916

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks, Don. Waiting for the matte white...

Thanks for your patience! I had a packaging safety issue (plastic tubs that the clay was going to be sold in shattered and I cut myself on one of them).

The original square shape is back and matte white will be in the store Monday or Tuesday.

Antonio J. Cebrián said:

Thanks, Don. Waiting for the matte white...

watch your hands! They are our working tool. I hope it's not serious.

I asked 4 packs of new matte clay. 4 packs looks be optimum shipping cost for Spain.

Curiously, is cheaper two "4 packs" shipping than one "8 packs", so I will do another 4 packs order later

Receibed Puppet Putty matte. It looks really good. I love the feel modelating. I only need to test animation and wire armature behavior. I think I ended my search.
I made another request and terminated stock of white clay.
A flesh colour may be a good next step 

I've run into a production problem concerning the matte but can instruct anyone who wants to know how to cut out the glare from lighting if the current line is too glossy. What I have found in the year and a half of selling this is that no one has had a preference for one mix or the other- it has all sold equally well. Thanks for the feedback about the modeling. WIth wire armature, you may be able to get away with slightly thinner than usual due to the strength of the material. I have found a way to shift the colors to create new colors and will be exploring the possible combinations of hybrid color tones on the next shipment. As usual, this advancement was a complete accident like so many other discoveries.

Antonio J. Cebrián said:

Receibed Puppet Putty matte. It looks really good. I love the feel modelating. I only need to test animation and wire armature behavior. I think I ended my search.
I made another request and terminated stock of white clay.
A flesh colour may be a good next step 

Hey, Don. Sorry I didn't response in chat, I left opened the page all day but I was not there.

I've prepared a little review about Puppet putty after my last shot with it.

I must to say I like all kinds of Puppet Putty. Everyone have its own applications: the hard original formula is too hard for animate long and elastic movements but it's excellent for replacement animation and for objets with little movements. It offers resistance to nails damage, storing and handling. The soft version is perfect for normal animation. The brigtly (hard and soft) have a nice glossy finish like a plastic puppet with an particular appeal, while the matte one looks like traditional clay. All of them have the most important advantage: low pigment interchange. In my contribution to Stopmo Jam film, I used a Puppet Putty character with deep blue legs and light flesh color in arms and head. I put my hands sloppily in one and other color along a neverending shot (20 seconds -or seven hours of uninterrupted work-) and pigment interchange was minimal. I must to say it was not cero, but I think it could be due little pieces of clay dragged in my fingers  while modelating more than pigment stains. The degree of destruction of the puppet after 20 sec shot is less than in my normal 4 or 5 secs shots with other clay. Deffinitly it's a great tool for animation. The worst thing about Puppet Putty is that it's not easy to get and shipping costs are important; but worth it!

My puppet for Stopmo Jam. Blue trousers are made of hard original bright formula, hands and head are of soft bright formula:

Attachments:

That was a nice review! The hard formula was designed with older lighting setups in mind (Halogen 50 watt par 20's, for example). Under this type of lighting, the clay will soften enough to manipulate without cracking while still allowing you to bend the armature without putting the wire through the skin of the puppet. Some people like to mix their existing clay with Puppet Putty to get a hybrid mixture, and that's fine too. If you soften the clay with oil or petroleum jelly, make sure to add the same amount of baby powder and this will keep the balance of ingredients consistent from a hard to resulting softer mix.

Antonio J. Cebrián said:

Hey, Don. Sorry I didn't response in chat, I left opened the page all day but I was not there.

I've prepared a little review about Puppet putty after my last shot with it.

I must to say I like all kinds of Puppet Putty. Everyone have its own applications: the hard original formula is too hard for animate long and elastic movements but it's excellent for replacement animation and for objets with little movements. It offers resistance to nails damage, storing and handling. The soft version is perfect for normal animation. The brigtly (hard and soft) have a nice glossy finish like a plastic puppet with an particular appeal, while the matte one looks like traditional clay. All of them have the most important advantage: low pigment interchange. In my contribution to Stopmo Jam film, I used a Puppet Putty character with deep blue legs and light flesh color in arms and head. I put my hands sloppily in one and other color along a neverending shot (20 seconds -or seven hours of uninterrupted work-) and pigment interchange was minimal. I must to say it was not cero, but I think it could be due little pieces of clay dragged in my fingers  while modelating more than pigment stains. The degree of destruction of the puppet after 20 sec shot is less than in my normal 4 or 5 secs shots with other clay. Deffinitly it's a great tool for animation. The worst thing about Puppet Putty is that it's not easy to get and shipping costs are important; but worth it!

My puppet for Stopmo Jam. Blue trousers are made of hard original bright formula, hands and head are of soft bright formula:

Oh I didn't see this thread. I really should come around more. Just for future reference, if anyone wants to know what it costs to ship to your country - it's simple. All you need to do is add the items you would like to your shopping cart at stopmotionstore.com. Then on the next screen you just click the "Estimate Shipping" button. From there a box pops up and you enter your country, province and zip code and it will tell you what shipping options and prices we have available.

Thanks, Marc.

In my case, that button should be called "Scare me".

Stopmotionstore.com sells puppet putty in a variety of colors, but I am interested in flesh color, red, black, purple, and white.  Will any of these colors be available for purchase on-line soon?  Thank you.

Sure! We'll make those a priority and you can also order directly from our website, if you like.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

MESSAGE BOARD CATEGORIES

STOPMO NEWBIES
basic stopmo discussion

ANIMATOR TALK
experienced animators looking to improve

CAMERA & STAGE
animation camera, lighting and moco rigs

ANIMATION TOOLS & EQUIPMENT
animation tool and rigging discussion

STOP MOTION & COMPUTERS
frame capture, editing, and post-production

STORY
script, storyboarding and storyreel discussion

SOUND
lip-sync, sound effects and music

YOUR STOPMO FILM PROJECT
discuss your stopmo film

ARMATURES
ball & socket and wire armature discussion

MACHINE SHOP
metalwork tool & talk

SCULPTING
sculpture information and advice

HAIR & COSTUME
materials, patterns and technique

CASTING
foam, silicone and resin

CLAY
clay puppet construction

GENERAL PUPPET MAKING
other puppet fabrication issues

STOP MOTION SETS
set design and construction information

MODEL DEPARTMENT
miniature prop discussion

MATTE PAINTINGS
glass matte paintings and backgrounds

GENERAL SPECIAL EFFECTS

STOP MOTION FILM DISCUSSION

FAVORITE STOP MOTION CHARACTERS

PRO ANIMATOR DISCUSSION

FILM FESTIVALS AND EVENTS

ANIMATION SCHOOLS

STOP MOTION BOOKS

STOP MOTION ON VIDEO

JOBS & PROJECTS
post here if you are looking for talent to hire

SWAP MEET
stop motion items for sale

CHAT BOARD
general discussion

SITE FEEDBACK
report bugs, comments and suggestions here

Gumby Imagined, The Story of Art Clokey and His Creations

The ultimate Gumby retrospective packed with incredible photos and never-before-shared stories. Written by Art Clokey's children, Joan and Joe Clokey, this is the most comprehensive book ever published on Gumby, Davey and Goliath and their creator Art Clokey, a pioneer in stop-motion animation.

stopmo jam on Instagram

© 2018   Created by Anthony Scott.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

.xg_widget_forum_index_index .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_listForCategory .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_show .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;}