2015 Montreal Stop Motion Film Festival - Call for Entries Now Open!

PROUD TO BE BACK FOR OUR 7th EDITION!

Celebrating stop motion is the name of the game, and we're back to do it again! For our 7th edition, The MSMFF team is aiming to bring our audience another exceptional program of films and more exceptional special guests. Mark your calendars, as the Montreal Stop Motion Film Festival will return on the 25th, 26th and 27th of September 2015!

Watch and share our 2015 promo video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GRKG0-WGOA

CALL FOR ENTRIES

Our Call for Entries is now open! We are actively seeking stop motion short films for this year's MSMFF. This year, the MSMFF broaden its horizons and are now accepting Object Animation and Pixilation film submissions. The Call for Entries will end on June 28th, 2015, at midnight. We look forward to seeing your work!

This year, we will also be accepting films via online transfer. Please visit the Rules and Regulations page of our website for information concerning eligibility, accepted formats and our new submission procedures.

Submit your films today!

http://stopmotionmontreal.com/en/submit_form.html

Views: 364

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Are submissions possible via Film Freeway?

Not as of yet. However, submission to the MSMFF is very simple. Simply fill out the submission form on our website, and then send your film to us and all relevant submission material to us using dropbox, WeTransfer, Dropjar or any other online transfer service.

You can  the Rules and Regulations page of our website for information concerning eligibility, dates and accepted formats.

If anyone has any questions at any time, do not hesitate to ask. And of course, don't hesitate to spread the word about our call for entries!

Entered! Fingers crossed 

Thank you for simplifying the application procedure! Last year I wanted to submit my film, but had it finished not long enough before the deadline to send a package with my film to Montreal with the chance that it would not arrive before the deadline. I would like to submit my film but am wondering if it would be eligible with your 75% stop motion rule. My film is mixed live action and stop motion in miniature sets. Live action is green screened and placed in a miniature set, there is animation as well as live action in some shots, some shots are only live action (but with miniature set and After Effects compositing), other shots are entirely animation. The animation drives the story and is the main subject. In fact the film is in some way telling a story about a fabrication element of stop motion animation, but it may not be strictly 75% of the film. Do I just send in the film and let the judges decide?

Hi Roos,

It would be best to submit your film and let the selection committee decide. Since this year's edition of the festival is accepting all films via online transfer, it won't cost you a dime!

I'd also like to add you as a friend for further inquiries.

Hi Chris,
Thanks for your reply. I have submitted my film and just got a confirmation email, so curious to find out what the selection committee decides! Thanks and good luck with the festival. Hoping for some positive news when the program is confirmed of course! ;)

Only a month left before submissions are closed for this year's edition of the festival! Plenty of time to get your films in, but don't miss that deadline! Get your films in while you can!

http://stopmotionmontreal.com/en/submit.html

We are very proud to announce our first guest of honour! PES, the director of Fresh Guacamole (2012) will be in Montreal this September for a special presentation at this year's Montreal Stop Motion Film Festival!

For more information: http://stopmotionmontreal.com/

Attachments:

Man I wish I could afford to fly out for this festival from Europe.

All the same, I'm super excited that my film is screening there this year, it will be the last festival it plays at, and I couldn't have chosen a better one for that!

Thanks again!

It was another GREAT festival!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

MESSAGE BOARD CATEGORIES

STOPMO NEWBIES
basic stopmo discussion

ANIMATOR TALK
experienced animators looking to improve

CAMERA & STAGE
animation camera, lighting and moco rigs

ANIMATION TOOLS & EQUIPMENT
animation tool and rigging discussion

STOP MOTION & COMPUTERS
frame capture, editing, and post-production

STORY
script, storyboarding and storyreel discussion

SOUND
lip-sync, sound effects and music

YOUR STOPMO FILM PROJECT
discuss your stopmo film

ARMATURES
ball & socket and wire armature discussion

MACHINE SHOP
metalwork tool & talk

SCULPTING
sculpture information and advice

HAIR & COSTUME
materials, patterns and technique

CASTING
foam, silicone and resin

CLAY
clay puppet construction

GENERAL PUPPET MAKING
other puppet fabrication issues

STOP MOTION SETS
set design and construction information

MODEL DEPARTMENT
miniature prop discussion

MATTE PAINTINGS
glass matte paintings and backgrounds

GENERAL SPECIAL EFFECTS

STOP MOTION FILM DISCUSSION

FAVORITE STOP MOTION CHARACTERS

PRO ANIMATOR DISCUSSION

FILM FESTIVALS AND EVENTS

ANIMATION SCHOOLS

STOP MOTION BOOKS

STOP MOTION ON VIDEO

JOBS & PROJECTS
post here if you are looking for talent to hire

SWAP MEET
stop motion items for sale

CHAT BOARD
general discussion

SITE FEEDBACK
report bugs, comments and suggestions here

Gumby Imagined, The Story of Art Clokey and His Creations

The ultimate Gumby retrospective packed with incredible photos and never-before-shared stories. Written by Art Clokey's children, Joan and Joe Clokey, this is the most comprehensive book ever published on Gumby, Davey and Goliath and their creator Art Clokey, a pioneer in stop-motion animation.

stopmo jam on Instagram

© 2018   Created by Anthony Scott.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

.xg_widget_forum_index_index .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_listForCategory .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;} .xg_widget_forum_topic_show .xg_column.xg_span-7.xg_last {display:none;}